Matt lanter from timeless show omg!!

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was looking at Matt’s IMDB page to see what upcoming projects he has in the coming years. Hoping for a project that finally exposes his very nice ass lol. Sadly it’s mostly voice acting jobs. He did appear on the TV show SWAT this year with Shemar Moore.

There is a movie, 13 Steps, but it’s been in pre-production for quite awhile so likely cancelled.
Actors are on strike so he's not gonna have any upcoming live action projects any time soon.
I think voice acting isn't part of the strike, so that's probably why those are his only projects

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Actors are on strike so he's not gonna have any upcoming live action projects any time soon.
I think voice acting isn't part of the strike, so that's probably why those are his only projects
Even with the strike there are still TV and movie production announcements, but they just can’t film them yet. His one movie though has been in pre-production before the strike, two years I think. I was referring to that one.

Reactions: Derekj07

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was looking at Matt’s IMDB page to see what upcoming projects he has in the coming years. Hoping for a project that finally exposes his very nice ass lol. Sadly it’s mostly voice acting jobs. He did appear on the TV show SWAT this year with Shemar Moore.

There is a movie, 13 Steps, but it’s been in pre-production for quite awhile so likely cancelled.

I noticed there was a production photo of this in his tagged insta section, but absolutely no mention from him of doing the episode, or when it may have aired. This was before the strikes too. I think his small part may have been cut, that's why he never let anyone know about it (like he normally would have).

And it's a real shame he isn't doing any on camera work (strike or not). That face and body deserve to be in on camera projects... Actually quite surprised he hasn't gone the Hallmark/GAC route.

Reactions: Medjon

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I noticed there was a production photo of this in his tagged insta section, but absolutely no mention from him of doing the episode, or when it may have aired. This was before the strikes too. I think his small part may have been cut, that's why he never let anyone know about it (like he normally would have).

And it's a real shame he isn't doing any on camera work (strike or not). That face and body deserve to be in on camera projects... Actually quite surprised he hasn't gone the Hallmark/GAC route.
I watched it. He was in the episode. Interesting that he didn't make a post about it because his character was one of the main focuses of the episode.

I'm actually not surprised about the Hallmark route. Compared to most of those who star in these TV shows/movies. He's actually starred as a lead in some high profile shows on NBC (Timeless) and the CW (90210, Star-crossed). He recently starred in Jupiter's Legacy (2021) on Netflix. It was a big budget TV show, which I think did well, but due to the budget it didn't make financial sense to continue.

For someone who recently had a high profile role on Netflix TV show. I don't think he's reached that point he needs to star in a Christmas movie on Hallmark/GAC. I get what you are saying though. We want to see him in something lol. I think it's the wife holding him back in pursuing some roles though. Just my hunch.

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I watched it. He was in the episode. Interesting that he didn't make a post about it because his character was one of the main focuses of the episode.

I just checked it out on Netflix. Wow. I'm suprised there was absolutely no heads up from him on his insta for it, considering he always lets fans know when something new is coming. Strange.

I'm actually not surprised about the Hallmark route. Compared to most of those who star in these TV shows/movies. He's actually starred as a lead in some high profile shows on NBC (Timeless) and the CW (90210, Star-crossed). He recently starred in Jupiter's Legacy (2021) on Netflix. It was a big budget TV show, which I think did well, but due to the budget it didn't make financial sense to continue.

For someone who recently had a high profile role on Netflix TV show. I don't think he's reached that point he needs to star in a Christmas movie on Hallmark/GAC. I get what you are saying though. We want to see him in something lol. I think it's the wife holding him back in pursuing some roles though. Just my hunch.

Oh I've seen all the live-action/on-camera stuff he's done (except that one episode above) going back to Manhunt in 2005 (now THAT I wish was viewable again, somewhere).

Yeah, he doesn't need to do that Hallmark material, I just suggested it because a lot of his peers from 90210, other CW shows, and the era of time he came up in have been doing a lot of that material since their tv heydays. And considering his beliefs, the wife, etc., it's safe enough material for him. That's why I'm just surprised he never went that way. Plus, he's exactly the 'type' of guy they cast in those things, so...

I think he's tried to go for a more male lead-based career in high-profile stuff, but none of the bigger projects ultimately panned out in the long run...and thus he works on-camera less. And my guess is he never went that other route above because he fell into voice-acting instead, and does it regularly, which is where he probably makes most of his living.

I would love to see him return to a steady on-camera role sometime soon though. I've always felt the sexy, juicy prime-time soap needs a reboot in the culture, and he would be perfect for something like that.

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Even with the strike there are still TV and movie production announcements, but they just can’t film them yet. His one movie though has been in pre-production before the strike, two years I think. I was referring to that one.
Incorrect. Being in front of a camera is only part of the job of an actor. If it came out that Matt auditioned or agreed to a project during the strike he'd be considered a Scab. And that would be the ending blow to his Hollywood career.

Shadowball

Legendary Member
Media
So they cannot make new deals during the strike. But deals are regularly kept secret for months. At this late point in the strike, there probably aren't many new announcements to be made across the industry, but earlier in the strike, new annoucements were being made, for sure. But these weren't for parts that were auditioned for and cast during the strike, they were auditioned for and cast before the strike and kept secret.

SAG is also allowing some indie production to make "interim agreements" where the production agrees to SAG's demands on a project-by-project basis. These projects can be audtioned for, cast, acted in, and promoted as normal.

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Unfortunately it wasn't him. The fingers were a dead giveaway. Nice dick on the guy though. Whoever he is. Maybe another celeb?

Yep. And the face videos where he's talking to the camera where simply from instagram stories when he was on the set of Timeless.

MtlGiant

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I
He is following anti-gay Republican Nick Freitas on IG. So disappointing.
It means absolutely nothing. I follow a lot of people I disagree with on Twitter, including republicans, just to see what they are posting. To be aware, you also need to be aware of what people you disagree with are saying.

Stop reaching.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I

It means absolutely nothing. I follow a lot of people I disagree with on Twitter, including republicans, just to see what they are posting. To be aware, you also need to be aware of what people you disagree with are saying.

Stop reaching.
I agree. I don't think Matt is right wing. He has posted in the past pro-BLM content on Insta. And although I don't think he's posted anything pro-LGBT. I would be very surprised if he is homophobic. But hey who knows. Maybe the wife is influencing him a bit now. I know she is the conservative in the relationship.

If he starts following a lot of right wing folks then we have a story.

Reactions: Medjon and paintact

Dantdanielson

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who cares who people follow? We are al entitled to our beliefs and opinions, but that doesn’t change who someone is as a person. This cancel culture BS is so exhausting just because you don’t agree with someone. **yawn**
A person's belief's and opinions definitely change who they are as a person, like what are you talking about lmao

russthewriter59

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who cares who people follow? We are al entitled to our beliefs and opinions, but that doesn’t change who someone is as a person. This cancel culture BS is so exhausting just because you don’t agree with someone. **yawn**
Agreed. And Matt seems like a good guy regardless and he's hot!

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Your post doesn't make any sense at all. So you would support a guy who is homophobic and would likely support laws that limit your civil rights? I don't care how hot a guy is that is crazy. It's like a racial minority openly supporting a racist person. So yes, it's important to know who they are following/support so that I know not to give my money to them if I can avoid it.

Now this conversation is moot since there is zero evidence that Matt is some right wing nut job. So I will leave it at that.

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He is following anti-gay Republican and Trump fan boy Nick Freitas on IG. So disappointing.

Well damn. That is disappointing.

People's beliefs absolutely do influence who they are as a person. That said, that doesn't mean we hate him or that he's entirely a bad person. It's perfectly fair to point out who he follows on social media. And his politics have been discussed before (here and elsewhere). It's not exactly new.

And for the record, no one here is "cancelling" him, nor does anyone have the power to do so.

Reactions: Medjon and Derekj07

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree. I don't think Matt is right wing. He has posted in the past pro-BLM content on Insta. And although I don't think he's posted anything pro-LGBT. I would be very surprised if he is homophobic. But hey who knows. Maybe the wife is influencing him a bit now. I know she is the conservative in the relationship.

If he starts following a lot of right wing folks then we have a story.

I've followed Matt since 04 when he started out doing Manhunt. He's always been notoriously quiet about his politics. That said, social media over the years has revealed a little into that. I've noticed he does follow some conservative things, but also follows some liberal things as well. On a rare occasion, he would retweet something on twitter (when he used it more) that was fairly moderate.

From his old podcast with his wife, it was quite clear that he's fairly laid back on most things. It's the wife that leans more conservative (and from who she used to follow on her twitter, it's very obvious).

As for pro-gay things, his old social circle when first lived in LA was pretty much all gay/bi men. And he has 'liked' pro-gay things on instagram, including posts of a fellow celeb and his husband getting married (with other couples pics as well).