No time for gym

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What was your old routine? There are lots programs that are short duration. Look for HIIT ( high intensity interval training). Typically take 20 min or less.

Reactions: Betty_Cocker

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife complains life is to busy to workout. Bull crap. Get up earlier or stay up later. Everybody has an hour to give the gym. I have a big family and demanding job and I MAKE time for the gym no matter what. If it's important more than eating, more than TV more than cocktail hour, more than sleep -- you will get it done.

I agree with cloverleaf. I make time. People saying they don't have time to workout is a lame excuse for not wanting to workout. My wife drives me crazy with this excuse. It would be like me saying I don't have time to eat, brush my teeth, or shower. It just becomes part of your routine, and after awhile it becomes automatic. I miss it if I don't go in for more than a week. Make the time, and you will find the same thing.

Reactions: cloverleaf

oojacob

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
not having time for the gym is understandable - not having time to work out is BS. do some sit ups/push ups instead of sitting of sitting down watching tv. Do you have 10 extra minutes in the morning? Do a quick 10 minute jog. Keep the energy high then find a gym schedule that fits the schedule.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

AlwaysSunnyinDFW

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not to dogpile negativity or anything but honestly there's always time for a good workout if you make time. What about your job causes you to skip out? My lunch break gives me a solid hour every weekday to workout, and then I just eat back in the office or quicky in the car.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No need for time. Just using your time better.
You can do a lot of exercise while watching teevee.
My mother of 82, sits everyday on her home-trainer while watching her favorite series.
( I saw on the digital screen that she has done already 8000km in about 5 years )
More than I do with my bike.

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I moved my gym home so I could work out around my schedule. Rainy day? No problem. .... too cold/hot outside? No bother. .. I have a treadmill elliptical adjustable dumbbells kettle bells foam rollers mat and told hubby I want a bench for xmas.

WorKS for me.

longone772000

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I moved my gym home so I could work out around my schedule. Rainy day? No problem. .... too cold/hot outside? No bother. .. I have a treadmill elliptical adjustable dumbbells kettle bells foam rollers mat and told hubby I want a bench for xmas.

WorKS for me.
Thats really inspirational. I bought one of those Bowflex's awhile ago and the thing actually works. I got a treadmill at home too and a exercise bike. It really beats the hot weather and the cold. If I dont have any workout outfits ready............ I can even workout nude! ...........lol

Reactions: Betty_Cocker