Nudity in Shared Dorms

bro94

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When sharing dorms with other guys such as hostels dorms or College dorms, what's your general feeling about casual nudity (i.e 0% sexual)? Do you feel at ease to change in front of your mates or walk completely nude to the showers (if ensuite) or even sleep completely naked? Or if not, are you okay if other mates are less modest about nudity in general?
I often stay in hostels and personally never had any issue in going naked to the showers or sleeping fully nude.

Back in my day communal nudity was very much more common than now, but this was back in the day when most guys showered after PE and sports, so they already were used to nudity around other guys.

My roommate and I had no issues with changing in front of each other, coming in after a shower and drying off, being in underwear or even nude in front of each other. The showers in the dorm were communal and sometimes we were in the showers at the same time. And since our dorm room often was hot (no AC back then) sleeping nude was pretty common.

And that is how it should be among men.

I can't remember having any inhibitions about being naked or problems with people who prefer to stay covered.
However, I must confess to being amused by the antics some people go through to avoid exposure.

Back when I was in the military, being nude around other people was kind of taboo at first. Communal showers aren't very common in my country so most people would've never had that experience before. But let's just say that when almost 200 people need to shower and get changed in under 10 minutes, all the inhibitions go away pretty quickly.

After our first few weeks of basic trainig it was pretty much normal. You could see, on a regular basis, guys strolling nude on their way to the shower, guys nude while getting changed in front of their lockers, and an uncountable ammount of morning wood. In no time you could even hear the odd comments about size and appearance, legends were born this way. It was pretty easy to spot out the guys that didn't adapt and it was pretty funny to see what they did to cover up. In three year's, for example, I never saw one of them shower without a speedo on.

We eventually moved on from the barracks to proper dorm rooms, but it was still pretty acceptable to go nude (as long as you didn't flash the outside world). My roomates would even schedule "nude nights" and do everything in their birthday suits. I was happy to go with the norm and enjoyed sleeping nude. These rooms had proper shower stalls instead of communalshowers. One of my roomates insisted in showering with the door open, though. But we shared a locker/changing room where we would go nude with many reservations. This even extended to people from other rooms, when they had plumbing problems they'd just show up nude and shower there.

I also had an experience during my exchange in the U.S. My roomate seemed really shy to change in front of me (but wouldn't mind that the curtains were open). Guys in general seemed pretty chill about that, especially in locker rooms and dorm bathrooms.

In summary, from my experience in a shared dorm: yes, it was very normsl to be nude around other people and I had no problem with that.

When I had a roommate back in the university, the first time after I got out of the shower with just a towel around my waist he asked:
- "Can you lift your towel and let me see IT? We are both guys, we shouldn't be ashamed of each other."
I took off my towel and he dropped his shorts and we both looked at what the other has. From then on we saw each other naked countless of times and nudity was not an issue, in the room, the communal shower or even in the morning when we both had morning woods. There was nothing sexual about it, we are both straight and never masturbated together (as many other guys did or would), but we were completely shameless about nudity. :grinning:

When sharing dorms with other guys such as hostels dorms or College dorms, what's your general feeling about casual nudity (i.e 0% sexual)? Do you feel at ease to change in front of your mates or walk completely nude to the showers (if ensuite) or even sleep completely naked? Or if not, are you okay if other mates are less modest about nudity in general?
I often stay in hostels and personally never had any issuegoing naked to the showers or sleeping fully nude.
I feel at ease doing it initially because I generally enjoy doing it. Maybe it's the exhibitionist in me. I get aroused when stripping but I'm cautious enough to read the room. I'm not looking to sexually intimidate, I just wanna put the roommate or guest at ease.

PS. This is only in regards to non-family members, of course.

When I had a roommate back in the university, the first time after I got out of the shower with just a towel around my waist he asked:

I took off my towel and he dropped his shorts and we both looked at what the other has. From then on we saw each other naked countless of times and nudity was not an issue, in the room, the communal shower or even in the morning when we both had morning woods. There was nothing sexual about it, we are both straight and never masturbated together (as many other guys did or would), but we were completely shameless about nudity. :grinning:
That's how it should be. Not that one needs to be nude all the time, but at the end of the day we all have the same junk... so why care?
Also interesting that after you both were naked in front of each other this became a natutal thing. I always say that once one gets naked in a casual way, roommates might feel at ease to start doing the same.

I feel at ease doing it initially because I generally enjoy doing it. Maybe it's the exhibitionist in me. I get aroused when stripping but I'm cautious enough to read the room. I'm not looking to sexually intimidate, I just wanna put the roommate or guest at ease.

PS. This is only in regards to non-family members, of course.
I do the same. I don't consider myself an exhibisionist, but I'm also not shy and I always read the room as well... If all (or most) of the dudes are chill, then being casually naked is not an issue. I always stay in hostels dorms and always seek for male only dorms... so far never had an issue in sleep naked or walking naked to the showers.

Also agree that being the first one naked sometimes is the way to make the other roommates at ease. Remember once I stayed in a hostel in Vienna with a friend - who also happened to have zero modesty. We shared the room with 3 young dudes - probably 18/19 yo. First night they were all in their pajamas... we both slept naked and the morning after my bud walked completely naked to the ensuite showers in front of our roommates. After that the three guys started being more at easy and they never wore more than briefs in the room.

By the time I was in my senior year of college, I had gotten really comfortable with two of my roommates and we would regularly see each other either in towels or in underwear/compression shorts after working out. There wasn't too much shyness when the towel would slip off in-between changing either. My one roommate was on the crew team and was a real guy's guy so he was incredibly comfortable almost always being half naked in the apartment. He was also pretty physical and loved roughing around every now and again (think play wrestling, etc.). I have a quite a larger backside and he would always say, "Dude, you have a woman's ass, look at it jiggle!" and then, I truly kid 0%, he would sometimes bend me over my lofted bed and dry hump me. It happened about six or seven times even when my other roommate would be in the room. There were a few times where we'd both have boners afterward and laugh at each other as he left my room. It was nice to have that kind of male energy every now and again and, clearly, we felt comfortable with one another.

I grew up during the era when gang showers were the norm in locker rooms and dorms, so we all were accustomed to being nude around other guys. I had roommates from my college years in the dorm through my 20s, and I saw everyone of my roommates nude on a regular basis. It really wasn't something we thought about - rather, it was just a part of living with another guy. In the dorm, either of us would come back from showering (sometimes both of us, if we happened to shower at the same time) and take our time drying off in our room while we chatted. Sometimes we'd work out together at the campus recreation building, and we'd always shower at the same time in the gang showers there. It was all just normal for us.

I grew up during the era when gang showers were the norm in locker rooms and dorms, so we all were accustomed to being nude around other guys. I had roommates from my college years in the dorm through my 20s, and I saw everyone of my roommates nude on a regular basis. It really wasn't something we thought about - rather, it was just a part of living with another guy. In the dorm, either of us would come back from showering (sometimes both of us, if we happened to shower at the same time) and take our time drying off in our room while we chatted. Sometimes we'd work out together at the campus recreation building, and we'd always shower at the same time in the gang showers there. It was all just normal for us.
The good ole days. Come back.

The good ole days. Come back.
I also went to college when guys were pretty consistently immodest in such settings. The dorm was co-ed, so we would always wear a towel to and from the bathroom, but most of us were uninhibited about nudity getting in and out of the shower, changing in the room, etc.

Freshman year I lived in an L-shaped triple, with the closets with towel hoos in the entrance part of the L. After showering, we'd hang our towels on the way in and proceed naked to our dressers in the main part of the room (as long as there were only guys in the room).

The bathrooms had stall showers but towel hooks were on the opposite wall. A fee modest guys hung their towels over the shower bar, but the rest of us used the hooks. When there was a wait for one of the 2 stalls to open, many guys hung their towels and waited ( or bushed teeth, shaved, etc.) naked. Since I was closeted, i was worried about erections during sustained naked interactions, but gradually acclimated to increasing durations of nudity and within a few weeks had that under control and joined the ranks of the fully immodest it was great practice for the open showers at the gym, which I soon started using with my floormates

I also went to college when guys were pretty consistently immodest in such settings. The dorm was co-ed, so we would always wear a towel to and from the bathroom, but most of us were uninhibited about nudity getting in and out of the shower, changing in the room, etc.

Freshman year I lived in an L-shaped triple, with the closets with towel hoos in the entrance part of the L. After showering, we'd hang our towels on the way in and proceed naked to our dressers in the main part of the room (as long as there were only guys in the room).

The bathrooms had stall showers but towel hooks were on the opposite wall. A fee modest guys hung their towels over the shower bar, but the rest of us used the hooks. When there was a wait for one of the 2 stalls to open, many guys hung their towels and waited ( or bushed teeth, shaved, etc.) naked. Since I was closeted, i was worried about erections during sustained naked interactions, but gradually acclimated to increasing durations of nudity and within a few weeks had that under control and joined the ranks of the fully immodest it was great practice for the open showers at the gym, which I soon started using with my floormates
nice early in morning seeing a row of nude guys shaving at sinks

nice early in morning seeing a row of nude guys shaving at sinks
I have posted this somewhere, I hope I am not repeating in this thread.
Many years ago for a long time I went to the YMCA to swim after work because of my bad back. When winter came the local high school teams pretty much monopolized the pool until late in the evening. So I switched to going in the early morning before going to work.

I did my usual swim, showered (nude of course), came back to my locker and dried off, then put on a pair of boxer shorts and walked over to the sink area with my shaving kit. When I got to the sinks I was surprised - yea even shocked - to see a bunch of guys totally nude, shaving ! I never felt so awkward in my life wearing boxer shorts! After that first day I joined all of the nude shavers and shaved - nude of course. That lasted through the winter until the pool hours returned to normal.

It felt good - a bro sort of thing lol.

When I got to the sinks I was surprised - yea even shocked - to see a bunch of guys totally nude, shaving ! I never felt so awkward in my life wearing boxer shorts! After that first day I joined all of the nude shavers and shaved - nude of course.
I've experienced the same thing when I first started expanded my nudity in the dorm bathroom beyond the immediate shower area...i.e. to shave, etc. It felt awkward at first, but there's no rational reason it should have, since it was in front of dudes who regularly saw my dick anyway before and after showering. As you found, it quickly seemed awkward to NOT be naked when shaving etc. next to naked dormmates.

It felt good - a bro sort of thing lol.
Couldn't agree more. Although I was secretly gay, it wasn't about catching a glimpse of my friends' dicks, it was about learning to be comfortable with them mine in settings that were new to me. It made me feel confident and manly...and still does

I've experienced the same thing when I first started expanded my nudity in the dorm bathroom beyond the immediate shower area...i.e. to shave, etc. It felt awkward at first, but there's no rational reason it should have, since it was in front of dudes who regularly saw my dick anyway before and after showering. As you found, it quickly seemed awkward to NOT be naked when shaving etc. next to naked dormmates.

Couldn't agree more. Although I was secretly gay, it wasn't about catching a glimpse of my friends' dicks, it was about learning to be comfortable with them mine in settings that were new to me. It made me feel confident and manly...and still does
This is exactly the same way that I feel as a totally straight nudist.