Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Went to crunch tribeca last night, and I’m not sure I’ll go back now.

I went to shower yesterday when this guy who was looking to cruise in the steam room decided to use the shower directly next to mine.

I close my shower curtain all the way, and while I’m showering, he yanks open my shower curtain and says “omg, sorry that’s so embarrassing.” As if he didn’t see me GO INTO the shower. (And I know he did.) So I just got out of that shower, and moved to another before leaving the gym.

He was looking to play all night and no one was into it. Idk why anyone would go so far as to open someone’s shower curtain when they have it completely closed. I was a second away from reporting him but decided against it. He’s light skinned, chubby, has dreads, and is maybe 5’10/ 5’11 height.

this is why i stopped going to this gym. So many annoying guys. Please don’t open someone’s shower if their curtain is closed.
Glasses? I think I know who you’re talking about. He doesn’t even workout just comes to the gym for the steam room and sauna. Bizarre

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Went to the crunch on E. 34th Thursday just after 2pm and saw these two massively hung and fit af brazilian guys (an assumption but they were speaking in Portuguese). They were straight, and didn't steam or sauna, but they weren't towel dancing at all. They were horses and really proud - they must crush so many of those little banker boys egos if they change next to them.

Overall, my crunch experiences have been okay (?), but not my vibe at all...TMPL Astor's showers are working again, and only two have curtains right now so I'm hoping to take advantage of showering out in the open for the next couple days. The renovations are pretty legit actually and look great. The steam/sauna door position hasn't changed or widened so I think things will still pop off.

Now that I'm thinking about it, are there any open showers w/o any doors or curtains at all in NYC? Columbia had a shower like that many many years ago, but I have no idea if that's changed.

Reactions: hrdinnyc76

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Glasses? I think I know who you’re talking about. He doesn’t even workout just comes to the gym for the steam room and sauna. Bizarre
I’m not sure. He didn’t have them on in the sauna/steam room/shower area. But yeah, I instantly knew he was there to use the sauna/steam for hours like so many guys who go to that gym — instead of actually use the gym lol.

justliving

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Went to the crunch on E. 34th Thursday just after 2pm and saw these two massively hung and fit af brazilian guys (an assumption but they were speaking in Portuguese). They were straight, and didn't steam or sauna, but they weren't towel dancing at all. They were horses and really proud - they must crush so many of those little banker boys egos if they change next to them.

Overall, my crunch experiences have been okay (?), but not my vibe at all...TMPL Astor's showers are working again, and only two have curtains right now so I'm hoping to take advantage of showering out in the open for the next couple days. The renovations are pretty legit actually and look great. The steam/sauna door position hasn't changed or widened so I think things will still pop off.

Now that I'm thinking about it, are there any open showers w/o any doors or curtains at all in NYC? Columbia had a shower like that many many years ago, but I have no idea if that's changed.
any word on when the sauna will open?

nopeyep

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you think if they convert it to a sauna, cruisings gonna go down? it honestly seems like everyone at TMPL knows the sauna/steamroom is gay friendly so why would anyone even care? although i haven't been a member that long..:/
It’s possible if the visibility is improved and there’s less privacy.

Reactions: justliving

Capt Hook

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It”s interesting about the saunas closing because they give a lot of tours at Crunch E 34th and I often hear them proudly say they are the only location with a steam and sauna. Even the obviously straight people get excited about that and ask to see how big the rooms are.

I wish they could figure out a way to make everyone happy and just keep them running. Or they just need to open a nice Steamworks in Manhattan and call it a day. Make it a requirement for people to be on Prep, show your prep status like a vaccine card… (or make it optional but give the prep people a glow-in-the-dark bracelet/cocking or something).

JBrown61

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
61st has some very aggressive and creepy old men. Good luck.
I haven't been cruising at a gym, ever, but this location in general just has weird vibes, which is a shame since it's just across the Queensboro. For every two decent people, there's one with little to no gym etiquette, and with the facility itself there's no integrated lockers, only one sink on the weightlifting floor's bathroom, etc.. The other day I saw a guy take a piss and walk out without washing his hands, which has grossed me out since. At least it's close enough to my apartment that I can just shower at home.

sotf2009

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't been cruising at a gym, ever, but this location in general just has weird vibes, which is a shame since it's just across the Queensboro. For every two decent people, there's one with little to no gym etiquette, and with the facility itself there's no integrated lockers, only one sink on the weightlifting floor's bathroom, etc.. The other day I saw a guy take a piss and walk out without washing his hands, which has grossed me out since. At least it's close enough to my apartment that I can just shower at home.
Agree this one is super weird, I wonder if EQX plans to ever renovate it to bring it up to standard or just lose the lease on it eventually

a lot of legacy members from the Reebok sports club days… at the very least this is nice because of the roof deck so it’s good for tanning in the summer without the sceney vibes of Hudson yards or printing house.
Never gotten cruised or cruised here just because the clientele was so weird

Reactions: JBrown61

quarterpound

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A reminder that gyms with good saunas and steam rooms are becoming pretty rare in NYC. N Y sc shutdown most of theirs and C rnc h is doing the same. Please use some discretion when having fun. I was in the steam on Friday at C rnc h /3 4 th and two guys would not stop no matter who came in. It only takes a few complaints and they'll shut them down - sometimes permanently. The steam at C rn ch at E 58th used to be amazing and then someone started listing it online for hooking up and they permanently closed it. Was that an app or even this forum? Not sure. But remember that these posts are searchable with google and viewable without an account. Making gym names less obvious is a start to avoid them coming up in searches.
Dang I was wondering where the steam room is here because I only saw the dry sauna which look like still gets use but can be slightly more awkward

81keelg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

I only know about the open showers at the YMCA, the one at 61st street.

Reactions: jp

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Apologies for the barrage of questions but in your experience, what time of day was best for cruising at TMPL Astor Place?
Yeah, things are going down any time of day.

My preference is to go early morning or mid-day (if I'm meeting free) because it's the least busy. The crew that gyms before work and then jumps into the sauna for a quick release is reliably chill and usually hot af.

Middle of the day there's a guy that is actually hot and spends a ton of time down there and has a big old dick and loves other guys with horse dicks.

After work it gets very very very busy and that means you might come across anyone including a couple of guys that are hot af. But there's handful of guys with vibes I don't like that are there all night. It's the fellas that don't know how to take no for an answer but I guess them being there is just a part of this whole endeavor.

Reactions: justliving