Nyc / Nj Gyms

Lane A

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
yes it is. But it's still there lol and ppl still play, just not as openly. Many start and then take it to the shower area
What’s the “etiquette” for shower play? I’ve seen guys motion me to the shower at Equinox a couple times, but don’t know what to do then. Join them in the stall, jerk with the door open, or what?

Dj10001dj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What’s the “etiquette” for shower play? I’ve seen guys motion me to the shower at Equinox a couple times, but don’t know what to do then. Join them in the stall, jerk with the door open, or what?

depends on location usually. Greenwich people will shower with doors open, sometimes guys will show off with doors open, then there’s a handicap shower that guys will go in together. I’ve gone in a regular shower and a bathroom stall with another guy at Greenwich. Steam room at Greenwich is too hard because it’s so busy. 50th you can’t shower together because you can tell there’s 2 guys in one. Flatiron guys will show off right outside the showers in the long galley line or by lockers since flatiron lockers have so many turns and lockers can be semi private. Have had more action/fun by lockers at flatiron than in steam or showers. Have also had a few hot sessions in the 3rd floor single stall bathrooms at flatiron.

Reactions: Lane A and Eqx1987

Dj10001dj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What eqx locations are good for cruising on the weekends?
What eqx locations are good for cruising on the weekends?

I’ve found weekends to be difficult. There seems to be more guys just waiting around for hours at a time for some fun which can ruin mood if you’re not into them.

I found flatiron, Greenwich to be almost impossible on weekends. Highline is slower and can be good. Columbus had so many people loitering. And sports club just has so many people going between showers and jacuzzi and steam etc. 50th/HK is only open sat, but there again have found it too packed on Saturday.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There seems to be more guys just waiting around for hours at a time for some fun which can ruin mood if you’re not into them.
Trolls! I'd say what I've found over all these years at any cruisy gym it's that guys that have hours to spend trying to get even the slightest glimpse of a penis are the least likely to get the attention they are seeking. I think they're mentally caught in a cycle that borders addiction. Also, for me guys like this have like an anxious energy that they put out - it's the opposite of sexy.

The hottest guys go to workout, and if anything happens in the locker room it's a bonus. They don't spend hours cruising because they can go out in the real world and hook up with thousands of other guys. If they see someone they're into they shoot their shot, cum quick and then get back to the rest of their day. I had always imagine Eqnx would be like that b/c it's all models and high earners

Dj10001dj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Trolls! I'd say what I've found over all these years at any cruisy gym it's that guys that have hours to spend trying to get even the slightest glimpse of a penis are the least likely to get the attention they are seeking. I think they're mentally caught in a cycle that borders addiction. Also, for me guys like this have like an anxious energy that they put out - it's the opposite of sexy.

The hottest guys go to workout, and if anything happens in the locker room it's a bonus. They don't spend hours cruising because they can go out in the real world and hook up with thousands of other guys. If they see someone they're into they shoot their shot, cum quick and then get back to the rest of their day. I had always imagine Eqnx would be like that b/c it's all models and high earners

agreed. The hottest times are when you’re done working out. You walk in. Another guy is on same page, do our business and move on. When I walk in and can tell guys are getting antsy going in and out I just leave and go on with my day. It’s not attractive

SamAdams123

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
People need to be honest with themselves. If you KNOW you are objectively not above a 7.5 face wise/ bodywise then please do everyone a favor and don't be extra trying to cruise the sauna and showers. You're ruining it for everyone. Sorry to be harsh.

mdrguy

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Every time I visit from LA, I find plenty of action at Equinox. Rockefeller weekday afternoons was like a bath house. At one point, there were about a dozen of us jerking off in the steam room, and a couple were also swapping head. And at soho I sat & stroked while I watched two insanely hot guys give each other head. A 4th joined us briefly and sat next to me and stroked and watched, too. Only been to West 50th twice, and both times, there was definite cruising energy but in one case, a str8 guy prevented anything from happening. But the other time, I was in a 4-way JO session with lots of reaching over & helping each other out.

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Omg here we go again. Whining/moaning about unattractive guys trolling. And now you are a psychiatrist diagnosing mental illness.

You sure have quite the thorough description of all the gym dynamics for just being one of the guys who mainly works out lol….hmm? Yrs of experience? Odd since from yr to yr some gyms go from no hot guys cruising to the hottest. Do you think writing this here impacts the guys who troll??

Just say that the gym has more trolls present or especially during a specific day and time to ACTUALLY HELP us other guys. Save the rest of your whining for your therapist.

Reactions: Skier74

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
People need to be honest with themselves. If you KNOW you are objectively not above a 7.5 face wise/ bodywise then please do everyone a favor and don't be extra trying to cruise the sauna and showers. You're ruining it for everyone. Sorry to be harsh.
Wow. So a 7.2 or 7.4 ‘objectively’ isn’t hot enough in ur book? U know guys who troll aren’t gonna pay attn to ur post, right? Also, I’d take a confident 5 w/a huge cock who is DISCREET over the the 7.5 or 8s or higher who are not self aware and get caught because they are desperate to see a guy w/a six pack naked.

So many AMAZINGGG spaces in NYC have been shut down from these desperate ‘hot’ guys.

Reactions: chadyoung

robbiebk

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Regardless of the hookup culture, I thought EQX Greenwich was hot (sexy steam room though I didn't feel like hooking up with anyone the day I did my trial, I totally would if given the chance in the future) and - most importantly - an impressive gym. Now if only I could find someone willing to bankroll a membership for me as it currently is priced at a monthly fee that is almost half of what I already pay in rent.

cyngaj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was at Rockefeller Eqx this evening. One of the locker room attendants was definitely watching out for guys cruising. Monitoring the shower area and constantly patrolling the hallway near the steam room. More so than usual. Be careful boys
Went to Rockefeller again this afternoon. Same thing. The locker room attendants were checking the steam room frequently. Also, one would stand by the showers just watching guys go in and out, while the other attendant did locker room duties. Honestly questioning if Rockefeller is a viable option to cruise nowadays considering the close eye they've been keeping on it.

SamAdams123

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Went to Rockefeller again this afternoon. Same thing. The locker room attendants were checking the steam room frequently. Also, one would stand by the showers just watching guys go in and out, while the other attendant did locker room duties. Honestly questioning if Rockefeller is a viable option to cruise nowadays considering the close eye they've been keeping on it.
That's doing way too much. Might as well shut down the steam room if you're going to go through all that trouble.

Reactions: chasinglight and jp
D

deleted1084320

There used to be tons of action at Blink Fitness Bryant Park pre Covid but it’s completely dead now. No one showers there anymore.

gymman2020

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You have to give it some time for the attendants to calm down and go back to their job.

jhay743

Experimental Member
Media
does anyone go to n y s c 3rd ave nd 41st? yall know why they dont open to sauna/steam room until later in the day (do you know when they open it)? i went for a late morning workout yesterday, finished up at 12 nd the steam room nd sauna weren’t on

81keelg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is that initial $300 quote just to create the illusion of exclusivity to make people more curious and when they come in they actually have to pay something cheaper? Makes you think
You’re probably right. I took the tour today. There was a lot of “so exclusive” talkThey said $200, founding father “summer rate” of 170 or 1700 in full. But if I paid today, it would be another lower rate that came to 137/month. But initiation fee was $300 usually but only 100 for the summer.

So yeah…pretty pricey for one location tbh. I asked if there was any thought of opening up another location in the future and the sales rep said he wouldn’t put it past David, but it’s not a thought right now because he lives across the street and opened it because he hated the gyms in NYC right now (which I agree; they’re all getting worse)

This gym might as well be apart of Tmpl. I saw like 5 of those ppl working out there and the Sales Rep, queer as a $3 dollar bill came from TMPL. He also made it a point to say the steam room was not coed and mentioned eye candy in the gym. He’s very aware of the clientele coming here Lol