Olympic Games Paris 2024

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but I'm sad that I just discovered that the swimmers don't wear Speedo's anymore. They wear the mid-thigh trunks.
yeah, the thigh trunks help in buoyancy and the easier they float the faster they can move in the water. There was a time when they wore full bodysuits but the Olympics banned them because they were giving the swimmers too much of an advantage

yeah, the thigh trunks help in buoyancy and the easier they float the faster they can move in the water. There was a time when they wore full bodysuits but the Olympics banned them because they were giving the swimmers too much of an advantage
Giving the swimmers too much of an advantage against who?.. the water?.. or the other swimmers?.. ok then.. runners, take your shoes off!.. they give you too much of an advantage!

Giving the swimmers too much of an advantage against who?.. the water?.. or the other swimmers?.. ok then.. runners, take your shoes off!.. they give you too much of an advantage!
the whole purpose of sports is about human physical performance. The Swimming Boards felt that the suits with their technology were impacting the whole 'physical perfomance aspect' and hence going against the spirit of sports! They just wanted it to be about what swimmers can do in the water not about which suit is the most effective and that's where the full bodysuit was going!

Reactions: goldfinge
the whole purpose of sports is about human physical performance. The Swimming Boards felt that the suits with their technology were impacting the whole 'physical perfomance aspect' and hence going against the spirit of sports! They just wanted it to be about what swimmers can do in the water not about which suit is the most effective and that's where the full bodysuit was going!
Also, those suits were crazy expensive so they were prohibitive for other countries to swim in them in competitions so they decided to do away with them, plus the records broken shown that it was more about the suits