Please only answer poll if straight

Has deep intimacy (sharing vulnerability/secrets etc.) caused you to have homoerotic feelings

• Not at all. No way!!

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Unsure. I have experienced some slight confusion about same sex desire

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Definitely. But I push those feelings away.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Definitely. I acted on those emergent feelings.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I read that emotional intimacy between straight males can cause heterosexual guys to query their sexuality. It seems very bizarre to me that this could shake a person's sexual orientation. This is not a poll to stoke fantasies so please can straight men only respond. Even if you are 1% gay do not respond. I'm expecting 100% for option A - no.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read that emotional intimacy between straight males can cause heterosexual guys to query their sexuality. It seems very bizarre to me that this could shake a person's sexual orientation. This is not a poll to stoke fantasies so please can straight men only respond. Even if you are 1% gay do not respond. I'm expecting 100% for option A - no.
I have never, ever heard of this before. I have had deeply personal conversations with both men and women and there was absolutely nothing sexual about it in any way. Being close to another man doesn't impact my straightness. I'm only interested in woman in a romantic or sexual way. The idea of being sexual with a man has never cross my mind at any point in my life. There are 4 Billion women out there, so there's no reason for me to every consider a man in any way.

tobythecat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know you are going to get Gay members answering & spoiling this poll regardless of you insisting that they don't answer.
This happens every time a poll is meant for Straight members..it is ruined by Gay & Bi members.
Such a shame.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Has deep intimacy (sharing vulnerability/secrets etc.) caused you to have homoerotic feelings​

No. The OP failed to clarify if this sharing could be done with a member of the opposite sex , thus nullifying the homoerotic feelings

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm not sure there's much privilege in being closeted. Yes one benefits from straight privilege to some extent but aren't their relationships/marriages constructed on a lie? People that sacrifice straight privilege for authenticity are the ones who ultimately have privilege. Harsh but true.
Straight privilege ensures you'll never get 100% accuracy, because closeted gay and bisexual men that aren't looking to lose their straight privilege will never identify as anything else.

Reactions: kahlua123
D

deleted814719

I keep my emotions and deepest thoughts to myself. I'm even guarded with what I share with my wife, who is my best friend, So, no, I don't have homoerotic feelings.

Reactions: Growing123

tobythecat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. I'm surprised at option 3 where straight people pushed these feelings down. So emotionally sharing vulnerability can shake people's orientation. Interesting.
Those people aren't straight, shame you didn't make it a public poll where voters profiles and so sexuality could be shown, by making it a closed poll, you invited the Gay & Bi members to vote despite asking them not to. So no not interesting at all.

Reactions: lapdog2001

tobythecat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gay and bi people stop voting and messing up the results.
Well perhaps you should have made it an open poll but you didn't & so it is your fault Gay & bi men are answering & messing up the results.

Reactions: lapdog2001

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Long term committed relationships with women and family legacy are a privilege for straight men as is, for all the feel-good of "authenticity" it is essentially a sacrifice of the aforementioned things. Most men will be automatically selected out of getting a romantic relationship with a woman or getting the opportunity to sire and raise their own children if they openly deviate from heterosexuality. And that's before you get into issues of respect in workplace, authority/leadership, and others.
None of what you said has any impact on the fact that I am straight. My thoughts on women at a most primitive base level is wanting to put my penis in their vagina and fuck them. Is it a privilege? Maybe so

I can totally understand that if I was anything other than 100% straight, some or all of the things you mentioned may be factors

Reactions: ronin001

vas

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a comment on the poll construction.

The first response "Not at all. No way!!!" suggests an emotional revulsion. I answered #1 because I've never experienced it, but "No way!!!" suggests I never will, or I'd deny if I ever did. a Simply "no" would be more accurate for me, which I guess would be between the first two.

Reactions: Growing123

iamjustme65

Loved Member
Media
The first response doesn't need the "no way!!" at the end... just sayin.

I voted no, because that doesn't have anything to do with sexual feelings.
Males primarily have a visually driven sex drive, and opportunity driven.
Talk doesn't have much to do with it.

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well perhaps you should have made it an open poll but you didn't & so it is your fault Gay & bi men are answering & messing up the results.
64% of people chose 'no way' option which means straight people have answered. Your logic makes little sense.