Randomly decided to go on a short "sex sabbatical"...it's not going the way I thought

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So, I'm not super religious or anything, but I've always wanted to see if I could last an entire Lent (40 days) without having sex or jerking off. It's really not out of any religious conviction but more out of curiosity, like a kind of test for myself. This year I'm not currently seeing anyone or anything, so I figured, eh, let's try it, why not, see how long I can make it.

The thing is, I always thought going without sex and masturbation would lead to more frequent and harder erections, as a result of the stronger sexual desire/drive and pent-up horniness. But so far it's been the opposite. It's been 2 weeks and I've had no morning wood since I don't know when and seriously the weakest boners I've had in my life.

My question is, does the lack of sexual activity actually contribute to something akin to ED?

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, I'm not super religious or anything, but I've always wanted to see if I could last an entire Lent (40 days) without having sex or jerking off.

The thing is, I always thought going without sex and masturbation would lead to more frequent and harder erections, as a result of the stronger sexual desire/drive and pent-up horniness. But so far it's been the opposite. It's been 2 weeks and I've had no morning wood since I don't know when and seriously the weakest boners I've had in my life.
Whenever I wasn't in a relationship I'm sure I masturbated at least once a week or so, unless I was ill. Could I and did I go 2+ weeks between orgasms? Probably. 40 days? No, I don't think I have ever had a 40 day orgasm-less time period in my entire adult life. I think that "No Nut November" is a joke and I'm happy that I've always had orgasms at least weekly whether I'm in a relationship or jerking myself off.

I've noticed that sometimes I'm just hornier than other times, almost like it's a hormonal cycle. When in horny mode, I get more erections, more easily, and make more sexual advances on my wife. When single, those periods led to more frequent masturbation.

My question is, does the lack of sexual activity actually contribute to something akin to ED?

I've heard many times "Use it or lose it".
I've heard that expression as well, which is why I think masturbation is so prevalent among men.
Personally, having sex a few times a week is enough to take care of my cravings and I've rarely masturbated while getting regular sex.

If you seem to be losing your libido and erection quality due to abstinence, then I'd give up that abstinence and regularly "test drive" your equipment to keep it in good working order.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Whenever I wasn't in a relationship I'm sure I masturbated at least once a week or so, unless I was ill.

Once a week?

During most of my adult life, I masturbated once a day, and sometimes twice a day, even when I was in a relationship and even after I got married and had a regular sex life. :)

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
So, I'm not super religious or anything, but I've always wanted to see if I could last an entire Lent (40 days) without having sex or jerking off. It's really not out of any religious conviction but more out of curiosity, like a kind of test for myself. This year I'm not currently seeing anyone or anything, so I figured, eh, let's try it, why not, see how long I can make it.

No. It's more of a psychological thing. Once you decided no the goal of no sex, your mind adjusts your body, to a degree. I don't know why this happens, but I've experienced it, and intuitively it makes sense (I suppose that other guy's comment about Use it or Lose it is related here.)
I wouldn't be surprised if your body "hibernated" for Lent and then returned with a VENGEANCE. Let us know.

Here's a Josh Hartnett film about that "Forty Days and Forty Nights." Not particularly good but he's hot as fuck and it does address the issue.

mPOV2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

not necessarily, infact it may lead to you lasting longer in bed, taking time to build up, to reach o. you still got the goods, no way you lose that in 40days. thats like a 40 year thing

Reactions: Mrleorne

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know, when I take a week or longer off my erections get so full and hard I can feel it like its attached to the base of my spine, or inside my pelvis, like its rooted wider and fuller inside me. I want to fuck every circle or hole I see. And the O at the end tears my soul apart.

Maybe the weeks off is like a detox or some kind of reset?

mattto

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Like I told in another forum before, I was just over a week during army time when I didn't have the chance to masturbate and during the second week I got my first and only wet dream. Fantastic experience, but awkward ti get up with the other guys with a big mess in my underwear impossible to hide. Rock hard morning wood also during this time. The other guys had of course too. When wake up signal came, there were no time to wait for morning wood to go down. Most guys showed a tent! Normally else I masturbate at least once a day. I think not healthy not to ejaculate regularly. At young age you used to have wet dreams if not masturbate or have other sex enough often. I red about a guy in a extreme religious family who didn't dare to masturbate, because he was thought it's a sin. He complained about often wake up with a mess of sperm in his underwear. But of course everybody is different. Some guys doesn't have the need to ejaculate often and maybe not even get wet dreams. As a 70+ I can't cum as often as when I was a teen and young adult, but still about 5 times a week.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response

Speaking of Lent (that's a period of spiritual discipline, esp in the Catholic Church, where you deny yourself something (as in this case) or take on an extra spiritual discipline (like praying more), maybe you've heard this joke:
A couple get married in early March and as they enter their honeymoon suite, the bride suddenly exclaims, "Oh no! We can't get into bed. It's Lent!"
The husband replies, "It's Lent? Oh no! To whom and for how long?"

Thank you thank you... I'll be here all week...