99% Gay, 1% Straight

Geoffrey2_0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Gay or straight, this just has never made any sense to me--how would you get any sexual gratification from humiliating someone (or being humiliated by someone) unless there was something psychologically wrong inside yourself--an inferiority complex, or body dysmorphic disorder or something--I just don't get it . . .

Reactions: hardrockdriller82

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gay or straight, this just has never made any sense to me--how would you get any sexual gratification from humiliating someone (or being humiliated by someone) unless there was something psychologically wrong inside yourself--an inferiority complex, or body dysmorphic disorder or something--I just don't get it . . .

It's effectively just emotional sadomasochism. Do you think someone must have some psychological disorder to enjoy S&M?

astoria300

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the dumbest take.

Reactions: BRAlphaMaster

Geoffrey2_0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's effectively just emotional sadomasochism. Do you think someone must have some psychological disorder to enjoy S&M?
Yes, I do think there's something wrong in someone who likes inflicting pain on another human--or takes some kind of pleasure out of being hurt--there is something missing there . . .

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I do think there's something wrong in someone who likes inflicting pain on another human--or takes some kind of pleasure out of being hurt--there is something missing there . . .

It's just a sensation. Have you ever considered that maybe it's simply is a result of the natural diversity of associations with different kinds of sensory experiences? Like how some people enjoy spiciness and others don't?

It's just a sensation. Have you ever considered that maybe it's simply is a result of the natural diversity of associations with different kinds of sensory experiences? Like how some people enjoy spiciness and others don't?
I can sort of see that from the masochist angle if you somehow feel the sensation of pain as pleasure. But how does it work for the sadist - they are not receiving physical sensation so is it some rewarding mental stimulation from being cruel and inflicting pain?

Reactions: LilJock

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I can sort of see that from the masochist angle if you somehow feel the sensation of pain as pleasure. But how does it work for the sadist - they are not receiving physical sensation so is it some rewarding mental stimulation from being cruel and inflicting pain?

There is a bond of trust built between dominant and submissive. The dominant has the ability to deliver pain and pleasure, sometimes at will. Learning and understanding your sub's limits, honoring them, stretching them...is a huge responsibility that dominants thrive upon. Additionally, a game of control can occur....the dominant can control whether or not the submissive feels what he/she craves. This sense of power and control over the feelings of another can be intoxicating. Conversely, the submissive can exert some control of the dominant by requesting more...or not....and by expressing reactions to pain and pleasure....or not.
Done well, both partners gain respect, trust, and an amazing bond. A true sadist only enjoys cruelty, and only a true masochist enjoys having such cruelty inflicted upon them. Many if not most who enjoy BDSM fall well outside that realm, with well-defined and respected limits.