Spyware Guard 2008

Hick,

First. Turn off System restore.

Secondly, uninstall all the Nifty junk Anti-Spyware tools you downloaded
(with exception of Arovax Antispyware, Spybot Search & Destroy)

Download Avast Antivirus. Install, and update definitions. Reboot into Safe mode (Tap F8 on your keyboard right after the motherboard posts, select Safe mode with Networking).
Start Avast Antivirus, and schedule a Boot time scan. When it finds the viruses, select "DELETE ALL".

When its finished, reboot again in safe mode.
Run Spybot Search and Destroy, and let it find all the gremlins, and delete them.

Providing you got them all out, you can turn back on System restore - if you don't use it...don't enable it.

If you cant get them out the conventional way, I use a USB to Drive converter and plug it into a second machine that is heavily guarded with Arovax Shield, Zone Alarm, and Avast, and performing a remote drive scan searching archived files and all files and folders. You have to be cautious though, so you dont infect the other PC.

Malwarebytes functionality is limited...and I suspect carrying its own pack of trojan horses. It Supposedly removed a bug for a customer (From Antivirus 2009 which is fake), and after 2 consecutive reboots...it was back.

Glarysoft has a very good free toolpack you can use, and that work great.
I can send you the utilities if you need me to.

Avast Antivirus so far, for my clients has worked great, plus its free. I've heard Decent things about AVG too.

Norton and McAfee are nothing more than bloatware that completely Hijack your PC.
They used to be good....now they SUCK system resources badly.

Zone Alarm firewall is also a free utility that will help to keep your PC safe. That combined with the windows firewall (Providing you do your windows updates) is a solid pack.

If your behind a high speed DSL/Cable connection I strongly suggest getting a Router with a SPI/NAT firewall built in. This will GREATLY reduce virus intrusions.

HIckboy, I got hit by this bastard of a program about two weeks ago. I was without my computer for 7 days while it was getting fixed.

I agree with you that if I ever find out who created it, I'd make damn sure they never created anything ever again.

It cost me over two hundred dollars to get it fixed.

I have Norton 360 and I THOUGHT I was protected.

Obviously not.

Sklar