straight colleague suggest to go the gym

stavrosleo

Experimental Member
Media
Hello! I want your opinion about this situation. A new guy came to my work and he suggests me all the time to go to the gym. Im a thin bearded twink closeted gay guy. Im am 180cm and 65kg. I think that someone can assume that im gay but they are not sure. He is powerlifter and spents 2-3 hours daily in the gym. He is 185cm and 117kg. All the time he says that he will go to gym after work etc. He suggests me all the time to go to gym and he will help me to gain muscles and weight. I eat all the time chocolate at work and he says to me to eat chicken and preworkout like him and go to the gym. The other day he lifted a box and he said that he can lift it because of the muscles. I have to admit that i like generally this whole cocky vibe. I am not sure if there is a flirty vibe at all of this situation but it is difficult to make some discussion more because there are the other coworkes between us. What to do you think about it? Do you think he is just straight and he makes comment about my body for stupid reasons or he is into me?

Gym bros like to bring other people into gym culture. He sounds like someone that likes to show off and being clearly stronger than you, might want to show off his strength. He also might want to help, or a combination of the two.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. You’ll see if it progresses.

Gym bros like to bring other people into gym culture. He sounds like someone that likes to show off and being clearly stronger than you, might want to show off his strength. He also might want to help, or a combination of the two.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. You’ll see if it progresses.
He sounds like someone that likes to show off and being clearly stronger than you, might want to show off his strength.
OMG. This phrase is exactly what i like about big guys

A lot of gym bros did not start out that way. A lot of them turned to the gym after failure, trauma, and heartbreak. So chances are they were the ugly, unconfident, skinny, or fat boy, all of which tends to be resolved once the physical and mental effects of being in the gym pan out. So while there probably is some sense of bragging or cockiness involved, it's not unusual for them to seek out other guys that resembled them in their previous lives, befriend them then facilitate the same opportunity for them, it's also not unusual for them to seek out of shape women for romantic relationships, then be the motivation for her to work to her best self.
A lot of these guys get a bad rap from select parties or select personal encounter, in most of my experience and observation the average straight gym bro is looking to be any guys platonic friend if they think they can help, and most girl's lover if she's willing to work with him.....it's just the muscles and the confidence tend to allude to other assumptions.

Reactions: ronin001
Some gym guys mentally compete against other guys in the gym, muscle gain / definition / who can do more reps / who can lift more ETC >>>>>>. It is possible he has a sexual motive about you; and he wants to get you into a place he is most comfortable ? It is also possible he is just an Alpha guy showing off / someone who is just passionate about the sport. Once I was into bicycling, and a good portion of my life was riding / training / riding with friends / riding for charity / riding for exercise. This probably took over 30% of my verbal conversations between April to October each year . Yes I convinced manyyyyy people to buy bicycles and train / ride with me.

A new guy suggested++ we go to the gym after work. I'm thin, bearded + closeted gay guy. He's a powerlifter + spends 2-3 hours daily in the gym. He says eating chicken and workouts will help me gain muscles and weight. I like generally this whole cocky vibe. I am not sure if there's a flirty vibe situation. Do you think he's straight? Do you think he's into me?

When flirting happens it's obvious - so it didn't happen. Take advantage of the opportunity to be with the coworker you like away from work. Thank him for taking an interest in your wellbeing and accept his offer of doing workouts with him at the gym. Would you be able to offer him a home cooked meal or not? Eating meals together would be another time during which you get to converse and learn about one another. You'll eventually find out if he is into you, or just contented to be your gym buddy.

Reactions: ronin001
Hello! I want your opinion about this situation. A new guy came to my work and he suggests me all the time to go to the gym. Im a thin bearded twink closeted gay guy. Im am 180cm and 65kg. I think that someone can assume that im gay but they are not sure. He is powerlifter and spents 2-3 hours daily in the gym. He is 185cm and 117kg. All the time he says that he will go to gym after work etc. He suggests me all the time to go to gym and he will help me to gain muscles and weight. I eat all the time chocolate at work and he says to me to eat chicken and preworkout like him and go to the gym. The other day he lifted a box and he said that he can lift it because of the muscles. I have to admit that i like generally this whole cocky vibe. I am not sure if there is a flirty vibe at all of this situation but it is difficult to make some discussion more because there are the other coworkes between us. What to do you think about it? Do you think he is just straight and he makes comment about my body for stupid reasons or he is into me?
The only way you'll get an answer is trying to go to the gym with him. Talk to him and arrange a meet up. Go with no expectations and see what happens. Then, update us. lol.

Don’t dip your pen in the company ink.

There are meat heads everywhere. Find another

Reactions: southeastone
They could be destined for each other, though. Let him live. Lol.
Destiny happens everywhere. Good jobs are hard to come by. :p He sounds like a jerk anyway. Maybe good for a fun time, but not worth losing your job. There are jerks everywhere

Forget whether he's straight or gay. It may simply be a gesture of friendship

Destiny happens everywhere. Good jobs are hard to come by. :p He sounds like a jerk anyway. Maybe good for a fun time, but not worth losing your job. There are jerks everywhere
See, that's where we're different. I'm like 'a job is a job. Love is everything.' 🤣

Don’t dip your pen in the company ink. Find another
This really is a nonsensical, irrelevant expression as the OP is not about ink and fountain pens. Neither of these men are owned by the company and can go out together after work.

Last edited:
This really is a nonsensical, irrelevant expression as the OP is not about ink and fountain pens. Neither of these men are owned by the company and can go out together after work.
All it takes is one misconceived interaction to spawn a trip to HR...I think it'd be irresponsible as an adult in his modern age to not caution against romantic/sexual interaction with coworkers, especially when speaking to men.

A lot of gym bros were the ugly, unconfident, skinny, or fat boy, all resolved once the physical and mental effects of being in the gym pan out. It's not unusual for them to seek out other guys that resembled them in their previous lives. in my experience the average straight gym bro is looking to be any guys platonic friend if they think they can help,....

All it takes is one misconceived interaction to spawn a trip to HR...I think it'd be irresponsible as an adult in his modern age to not caution against romantic/sexual interaction with coworkers, especially when speaking to men.
Sagittarius84 vs Sagittarius84. Then go ahead and label yourself as an "irresponsible adult" for not issuing that caution when you replied to the OP. But I won't give anyone that label. I'll simply label your initial response to the OP as correct, which aligned with mine BTW and stand by my other opinions as stated.

Lame
It’s not about ownership. It’s about being practical. There and millions of other cocky assholes that will screw you over. Why mix in a work drama too?