T-dar (transgendar)

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In contrast with gaydar, is T-dar is a senstive subject especially for those who want to pass as the opposite sex?

I know gaydar and T-dar work in different ways. To have my T-dar to go off especially with MTF transgender, it's more of a physical hints and the voice.

I don't want to offend anyone but I think it's quite sensitive subject especially those who want to be the opposite sex but some people may suspect something different about him/her. Forgive me if I may be ignorant in this matter.

Anyone welcome to post comments but I would like transgenders to help me understand where they are coming from. Thanks!

desilover

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
t-dar doesn't work like gaydar. there are many TSs who look like genetic women, and female voice and mannerisms can be learnt.
To me at elast she is passable.

Samantha Hopkins

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Getting read, or clocked sucks and that is why its a sensitive subject. Its totally awful. I started going in public as a teenager and made every mistake imaginable and some that aren't.

Have been with guys, I admit I have really really bad gaydar. Guys I thought were, weren't and vice versa.

Its my experience that women will read you before guys will. I think GG's are more detailed oriented. Guys see boobs butt and stop thinking.

Reactions: Mister2101

MizzSummers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Getting read, or clocked sucks and that is why its a sensitive subject. Its totally awful. I started going in public as a teenager and made every mistake imaginable and some that aren't.

Have been with guys, I admit I have really really bad gaydar. Guys I thought were, weren't and vice versa.

Its my experience that women will read you before guys will. I think GG's are more detailed oriented. Guys see boobs butt and stop thinking.

I completely agree. I find women more critical towards trans women then men. Not saying its in mean spirit, but I definitely get more shade from women then men. Almost like I am challenging them as a trans woman. But I mean cis gendered women get this same treatment from other women. I think its sad part of reality. Women are harshest on other Women.

I also went through a really awkward stage. as a teenager i would steal my moms clothes and buy cheap clip in ponytails and dress and walk around at night and was clocked rather easily. I also remembe thinking noone would ever think I am a woman, let alone pretty. I think most trans women go through an awkward " I want to look like britney spears" stage when they initially transition. But i find once you become more comfortable with yourself the world tends to accept you more.

That being said, I am rather fortunate as I have have never had any surgery and I pass rather easily just as a taller bigger woman ( 5'10) . When a trans woman sees another trans woman i feel most of us can relate to them. I dont personally hide the fact I am trans as I feel like if I need to hide it like a dirty secret, the public will never view it as normal, and life will never get better for trans women.

As for passing... Most trans women will agree when I say, passing is just a perk, but its never been about passing, its been about being yourself and being accepted for yourself!

I attached some pics of me throughout time and as you can see I definitely had an awkward stage! lol.

Attachments

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
@Samantha Hopkins, "Its my experience that women will read you before guys will. I think GG's are more detailed oriented. Guys see boobs butt and stop thinking." LOL. Maybe sad, but I find this very true about men. Thanks for sharing stuff about yourself.

@MizzSummers Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Samantha Hopkins