Have you ever had testicular cancer?

• Total voters

labalf

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, first of all, hello everyone.
While I haven’t found / felt any lump in my testicles, I still get this “feeling / sensation” on my right testicle. Like when someone pokes you or touches you and leave their finger. It’s hard to explain. It is not pain per se, just a slight discomfort. I’ve had it for a while now it comer and goes and since I hacen found any lumps in the testicle, I think I might be fine. Lately, this discomfort is been more present so, no idea of I should worry or not.

I’ve been reading online about cancer symptoms and so far I don’t seem to fit any of the criteria. so who knows. Should I seek medical advice or is it all in my head ?

Reactions: P.J.9

judgejudge

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
its always worth checking. ive recently had my scan and am just awaiting results, i wasnt going to post on here till i had the results but as you have made a comment i thought id respond anyway.
if its noticable then check it
its so far been the most nerve wracking thing ive been through due to having to literally expose yourself and have them feel around for anything but i just kept saying to myself, they are the professionals, they see hundreds in their lifetime and everyone is respectful of your privacy.
so best advice is go.
the guys further up this chat were right and i took their advice and went
i may not know the results yet but i am on my way and feel slightly better for it as once you make that first move, its out of your hands and they will guide you the rest of the way

Reactions: labalf

judgejudge

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So i finally got my results today (sort of)
i went for my ultra sound and although mentally i felt so awkward it was actually pretty easy.
the guy doing the scan was straight forward and just got on with it

and i got a call to say they need to see me for a discussion (eeek) but there isnt anything to worry about
so i am beyond relieved to hear that but i am anxious to know what they need to discuss

Reactions: P.J.9 and Gj816

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i went for my ultra sound and although mentally i felt so awkward it was actually pretty easy.

and i got a call to say they need to see me for a discussion (eeek) but there isnt anything to worry about
so i am beyond relieved to hear that but i am anxious to know what they need to discuss
I’m glad to hear you are taking care of yourself, jumping into conclusions can generate anxiety or fear of what could happen checking with your doc is the way to deal with these situations. If it was nothing great if was something the sooner the better.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Good luck bro. Keep us posted. Hope that everything is fine.

Reactions: judgejudge

judgejudge

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
so i got my results and its in one way great news which is that the lump is not cancer (thank god) its some form of calcium build up... which is odd as i never would have thought that could happen but there you go!
however the pain i have been experiencing has been caused by a enlarged vein, not quite a varicocele. so i have an appointment with the urologist to see what the next step is but every day is getting more painful.
so if anyone has any tips for this sort of thing let me know!
im already wearing supportive underwear but dunno if there is something else to try

P.J.9

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
so i got my results and its in one way great news which is that the lump is not cancer (thank god) its some form of calcium build up... which is odd as i never would have thought that could happen but there you go!
however the pain i have been experiencing has been caused by a enlarged vein, not quite a varicocele. so i have an appointment with the urologist to see what the next step is but every day is getting more painful.
im already wearing supportive underwear but dunno if there is something else to try
Best of luck with everything. I’m glad it’s not cancer

Reactions: judgejudge
D

deleted10600961

I'm happy to hear that is not CA. Last post was a month ago, I do hope you're doing well now and do not need surgery. For anything else, please do not hesitate to go to your primary care physician. Do not be ashamed about anything, remember your health is more important than anything else. Physicians have already seen everything and would care less with the things that a person may feel ashamed.

Pau-Pat

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has anyone on here had an experience with testicular cancer? I know this isn't the most exciting topic, but sharing experiences like this could help someone else out down the road.

A few of the questions to anyone open to answering:
How did you get diagnosed?

Aside from feeling the actual lump, did your body feel any differently, or did you notice something was off?

What treatments did you go through?

Were you ever embarrassed about it?...Either too embarrassed to seek a medical professional in the beginning, or embarrassed to talk about it with friends or family afterwards?

Since only very few people here have actually had testicular cancer I'll try to give an account of my own experience when I got it.
First I'll try to answer the OP's questions:

First i felt a hardened bump on my right testicle one evening in November 2019. I was 22 at the time and like most men I first thought I'd way and see if it disappears on it's own again. But i still asked Dr. Google what it might be...
When it was still there after about two weeks and I started to freak out quite a bit I made an appointment with a urologist at the hospital. After several tests (blood and urine sample, ultrasound and CT-scan) they confirmed that it was cancer and I had my operation only two days later. I was really glad it went that quickly.

Aside from feeling the actual lump, did your body feel any differently, or did you notice something was off?
10 days after feeling the lump for the first time I started having pains in the lower back and the night before i rang the hospital it got so bad that I couldn't sleep at all and I had to throw up a few times. In hindsight I have to say that my mind probably played tricks on me because I had read about the symptoms of TC...

I had a radical orchiectomy of the right testicle (they remove the whole testicle plus the spermatic cord through a cut in the groin). Even though the cancer was malignant (like most TC) it was could at an early stage so I didn't have to get additional treatments. But I have to go for checks every 3 months for the first two years after surgery and twice a year for another three years after that. These checks consist of a blood test, a check with the doctor and alternating ultrasounds and mri-scans.

Were you ever embarrassed about it?...Either too embarrassed to seek a medical professional in the beginning, or embarrassed to talk about it with friends or family afterwards?
Not really. But I'm more of a intellectual than a physical type. Obviously one is embarrassed to seek medical help at first especially when it concerns the genitals but that wasn't a big deal really. And talking the people I chose to tell wasn't too difficult either. I think some of them found it rather irritating that I usually joked about it though. ^^
On the other hand my parents had quite the issue dealing with it... For one they weren't too supportive after the surgery and they didn't want me to tell anybody even though I did't mind. At the same time they put pressure on me to father children asap which really hurt me because I hadn't come out at that point.

Some other stuff that might be interesting / FAQs:

Can you still get an erection?
Yes, i can. Everything works the same as before.

Can you still cum? / Are you still fertile?

Yes to both. Since i still have one testicle I can still produce sperm although a slightly lower amount. This doesn't influence the amount of cum much though since it mainly consists of liquids from other glands like the prostate.

Did you get a prothesis?

I was asked if wanted to get a silicone prothesis after the surgery. After consultation with my surgeon I decided against it because there is no practical use for it and there is the risk of infection that could damage the remaining healthy testicle. So it was more important to keep that one safe because I don't want to take hormone supplies.
And the surgeon told me it was possible to get one later on if i ever wanted one. That being said I would have gotten protheses if both testicle would have had to be removed.

How do you feel about nudity?
Obiviously it looks different now but most people don't focus on the balls that much in my experience so sometimes they don't even realise. And I had always showered naked after swimming at the pool before and i still do. I fact I think I have gotten more comfortable with nudity because I give less of a fuck.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask me. I'm happy to help and spread awareness. :)

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Has anyone on here had an experience with testicular cancer? I know this isn't the most exciting topic, but sharing experiences like this could help someone else out down the road.

A few of the questions to anyone open to answering:

I haven’t had testicular cancer, but I do have lumps in my tanks that I didn’t get checked for 2 years.
I didn’t get them checked for the fear of what they could be.
It weighed on my mind, I would forget about them and then be in the shower feeling my tanks and be reminded. Put it to the back of my mind and got on with life.

Eventually I got them checked, the GP (doctor) referred me to hospital for further investigation. Those two weeks, it played and weighed heavily on my mind.

I was in the consultants office, he felt my tanks and within 30 seconds said there was nothing to worry about they were just growths, and because of how they felt (I won’t explain because I would t want someone to diagnose themselves from this) he was 100% positive that they were growths and nothing to worry about unless they got bigger, but that wouldn’t be cancer, just I might want them removing.

the relief was amazing… if I had known two years hence that it would have been a quick visit and a quick check and then not worry, I’d have gone in an instance. Now I know not all lumps are cancer I get stuff checked all the time….

but get checked boys

Schlong87

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I haven’t had testicular cancer, but I do have lumps in my tanks that I didn’t get checked for 2 years.
I didn’t get them checked for the fear of what they could be.
It weighed on my mind, I would forget about them and then be in the shower feeling my tanks and be reminded. Put it to the back of my mind and got on with life.

Eventually I got them checked, the GP (doctor) referred me to hospital for further investigation. Those two weeks, it played and weighed heavily on my mind.

I was in the consultants office, he felt my tanks and within 30 seconds said there was nothing to worry about they were just growths, and because of how they felt (I won’t explain because I would t want someone to diagnose themselves from this) he was 100% positive that they were growths and nothing to worry about unless they got bigger, but that wouldn’t be cancer, just I might want them removing.

the relief was amazing… if I had known two years hence that it would have been a quick visit and a quick check and then not worry, I’d have gone in an instance. Now I know not all lumps are cancer I get stuff checked all the time….

but get checked boys
i wish my doctor would do a testicular exam at my physcials he never does i'm going to tell him this time i need him to actually do a hernia check and testicuar exam i can't undrstand why he doesn't it makes no fuckin sense it could save someone's life

Freshlycutluxembourg

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was diagnosed with testicles cancer at fifteen.
It was first discovered by my general practitioner in a routine medical checkup. He felt a lump on my left testicle.
The next day i was send to an urologist who made a biopsy.
The result was a malign testicle cancer. Further analysis showed it was strictly limited to the testicle. It was discovered at an very early stage.
For me there was just one treatment. I‘m open gay since i‘m thirteen. Having children was not on my list to have. So i decided to have the testicle completed removed.
That was done 4 days after the csncer was discovered.
I didn’t need any other treatment
At 18 i had placed a prosthetic testicle in my sack for the look.
I have a yearly checkup since then.
I have never had any recurring problems and my sex drive didn’t change at all

P.J.9

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, first of all, hello everyone.
While I haven’t found / felt any lump in my testicles, I still get this “feeling / sensation” on my right testicle. Like when someone pokes you or touches you and leave their finger. It’s hard to explain. It is not pain per se, just a slight discomfort. I’ve had it for a while now it comer and goes and since I hacen found any lumps in the testicle, I think I might be fine. Lately, this discomfort is been more present so, no idea of I should worry or not.

I’ve been reading online about cancer symptoms and so far I don’t seem to fit any of the criteria. so who knows. Should I seek medical advice or is it all in my head ?
Get it looked at. I didn’t have any symptoms but it made a huge difference by being proactive and telling my doc about it. My cancer spread into my lymphatic system. I was told if I waited any longer to speak up it could have been worse. I was in stage 3a testicular cancer. Back then, only 3 stages were how they diagnosed. 3b was terminal