The men from "shameless"

Never forget though - Fiona was supposed to come back for the final season. The final season story was already mapped out with her coming back and being involved selling the Gallagher house which was in her name.

The excuse given for her suddenly not coming back was "traveling between LA and Chicago during Covid was impossible for the actress" who plays Fiona - Emmy Rossum. Which sounded like a low-effort excuse since practically every cast member lives in LA too. But we recently found out Emmy was secretly pregnant and would have been through production.
 
Never forget though - Fiona was supposed to come back for the final season. The final season story was already mapped out with her coming back and being involved selling the Gallagher house which was in her name.

The excuse given for her suddenly not coming back was "traveling between LA and Chicago during Covid was impossible for the actress" who plays Fiona - Emmy Rossum. Which sounded like a low-effort excuse since practically every cast member lives in LA too. But we recently found out Emmy was secretly pregnant and would have been through production.

but she could have made a cameo, someone video calls her to let her know.
 
I think that would have pissed off a huge portion of the fanbase. It would be an insult to bring her back in such a miniscule and temporary way.
Not having her at all was also an insult to the fanbase, though. Such a shame that the show ended the way it did
 
While I agree the last couple seasons were nothing special, I was so happy Fiona left. She just drove me insane. Her character was so repetitive. Bang some dude, start to get her life on track, make some absolutely ridiculous decision and fuck up all the progress she made, bang some dude and repeat.
 
While I agree the last couple seasons were nothing special, I was so happy Fiona left. She just drove me insane. Her character was so repetitive. Bang some dude, start to get her life on track, make some absolutely ridiculous decision and fuck up all the progress she made, bang some dude and repeat.


I mean, that was the entire family. They were all committed to going one step forward, ten steps back. She got further than most of them.
 
I think the show had so many ups and downs that by the time seasons 10 and 11 rolled around, I was watching just to finish the whole thing. But seasons 5 and 6 were just as bad, so I’m glad it went for as long as it did. I honestly didn’t miss Fiona much, but I was annoyed that they tried to make Debbie the lead (at least alongside Lip) in season 10. Girl, no.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spiketerry and oash
I think the show had so many ups and downs that by the time seasons 10 and 11 rolled around, I was watching just to finish the whole thing. But seasons 5 and 6 were just as bad, so I’m glad it went for as long as it did. I honestly didn’t miss Fiona much, but I was annoyed that they tried to make Debbie the lead (at least alongside Lip) in season 10. Girl, no.
I absolutely agree about the Debbie thing. I got to the point with her that I would just fast forward through her scenes.
 
Season 4/5 peaked for me. Emily and Lazarus are my favorite episodes, and season 5 continued with Ian and Mickey's relationship.

Season 8 is when it hit rock bottom,
I guess I meant to say season 7 was the best way to end the show. Season 8 was a train wreck. Season 9 was the only other season It could have ended with some changes.
 
I guess I meant to say season 7 was the best way to end the show. Season 8 was a train wreck. Season 9 was the only other season It could have ended with some changes.
The definitely missed such a great opportunity to bring back some of the original characters. If anything I wanted to see Joan Cusack come back. Her character used to crack me up nonstop.