Tips On Losing Some Fat Without Losing Weight?

Footman29

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I’m 5’8”, 140 lbs, blessed with a good metabolism and I’ve always lost weight faster than gaining it (which has always made women angry at me haha). I used to go to the gym a lot before kids, and always had trouble gaining/keeping muscle but always ran into the issue of losing too much weight.

I’ve got a stomach I’m trying to flatten/get rid of without losing anymore weight. I’m not trying to get abs per se (although i wouldn’t complain), I’m just trying to get a little more flattened/toned.

Any eating or exercise tips to achieve that? I eat pretty healthy already...snack sometimes and drink beer occasionally, but I try and eat healthy throughout the day otherwise.

Thanks!!

Attachments

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would start with looking at the types of foods that you consume. Limit dairy, wheat and alcohol. They all contribute to weight gain and water retention if you have the slightest intolerance. I would eat the same amount of food (possibly more), but look at the types of food that you eat to see how you can maintain a calorie deficit. Stay away from any artificial sweeteners, diet soda, and the like. Those can wreak havoc with your gut biome.

Lift 3-5 times per week, or do whatever physical activity that you enjoy that will keep you in a calorie deficit.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You want to lose what looks like a significant amount of fat around your middle & not lose weight.
Well..... Good luck. Lol
That's the dilemma of just about every athlete/model/fitness buff/gym rat/weekend warrior on earth.
If you lose fat, your weight will go down... Unless you replace that weight with muscle. For even intermediate lifters, that's a really tall task.
As stated earlier, look at your diet. That's going to be the majority of your issue. The amount of fat you're carrying over your abs, your obliques, and even around to your lower back may take a while to reduce... But, it can be done.
It depends on how hard you're willing to work. Beers and snacks may be off the menu for a while, if you want to see significant change.
Write down everything you eat. Be honest. And calculate your calories and macros. Sugar and too many carbs are usually the culprit.
From there, you can set out a plan of attack. Cut calories, increase protein, etc...
Weight training 4-5 days a week.
Cardio is good for your overall health... But, it doesn't have the same effectiveness on burning calories as the weights.
Gonna take some effort.
But, you can do it if you really want to !
Good luck.

D

deleted1025121

I'm in the same situation as you. You cant really target where to lose your weight, unless you use liposuction. Watching the food you eat and their proportions are important...and above all need to move the body. Exercise is hard for many. But its part of the equation.