Ty Simpkins

Spacecorgi

Superior Member
Media
Manila (National Capital Region, Philippines)
They just introduced his character from Iron Man into the comics. That makes me wonder if they will be bringing him back in either a movie or a tv show. With the influx of new young characters, he could fitvin somewhere. Maybe in the Ironheart show.

Could be he’ll end up as Iron Lad in the inevitable Young Avengers show. (Yes, I inow Iron Lad is supposed to be someone else but it’s the easiest way to shoehorn him in without an entire movie’s worth of lore dump)

Reactions: Underwearluver

StevenM

Legendary Member
Media
Could be he’ll end up as Iron Lad in the inevitable Young Avengers show. (Yes, I inow Iron Lad is supposed to be someone else but it’s the easiest way to shoehorn him in without an entire movie’s worth of lore dump)
I was thinking that would be a great role for him since they established hes a tinkerer like a young Tony Stark.

Reactions: Underwearluver

Ptolemy

Superior Member
Media
I'd hoped he was going to be in Far From Home after they went to the effort of putting him in Avengers and getting him back for that 10 years of Marvel group cast picture. And he'd certainly have been a less skeevy Stark industries contact for Peter than Happy trying to fuck Aunt May.

Reactions: Presto1120

Lover man

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I am surprised that Harley wasn't used in a larger role in far from home. I get the reason that happy was used since he was one of Tony's closest friends besides James. It would have been nice to hear from Harley what he thought of Tony.

Spacecorgi

Superior Member
Media
I am surprised that Harley wasn't used in a larger role in far from home. I get the reason that happy was used since he was one of Tony's closest friends besides James. It would have been nice to hear from Harley what he thought of Tony.

I think they wanted to go with Spidey thematically being Tony’s successor (hence the scene of Peter designing his new spider suit before the final battle with Mysterio and Happy mentally noting how Spidey was “moving/thinking” like Tony) and having Harley around would complicate that.

Lover man

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think they wanted to go with Spidey thematically being Tony’s successor (hence the scene of Peter designing his new spider suit before the final battle with Mysterio and Happy mentally noting how Spidey was “moving/thinking” like Tony) and having Harley around would complicate that.
I am curious how Harley would have complicated the situation.

Spacecorgi

Superior Member
Media
I am curious how Harley would have complicated the situation.
They can’t make a movie about how Peter is Tony’s successor while at the same time have Harley be there as another one of Tony’s potential successors without adding in an entire new subplot to the movie.

Reactions: Zi19 and Presto1120

Ptolemy

Superior Member
Media
See another reason I'd have preferred Harley is I HATE them turning Peter Parker into Iron-Spider/Tony-Happy as Peters father figure. Ignoring the fact Tony is a dick to Peter who blackmails a 15 year old into joining a fight he had nothing to do and then ghosts him. It also really weakens the Spider-Man character as so far his entire story arc is Tony related. Using Harley at least makes it more of an alliance of equals since they're closer in age and makes it less like he's running to daddy for help and affirmation whenever something goes wrong.

Though they're introducing Ironheart so she might get the role I wanted for Harley going forward.

Spacecorgi

Superior Member
Media
See another reason I'd have preferred Harley is I HATE them turning Peter Parker into Iron-Spider/Tony-Happy as Peters father figure. Ignoring the fact Tony is a dick to Peter who blackmails a 15 year old into joining a fight he had nothing to do and then ghosts him. It also really weakens the Spider-Man character as so far his entire story arc is Tony related. Using Harley at least makes it more of an alliance of equals since they're closer in age and makes it less like he's running to daddy for help and affirmation whenever something goes wrong.

Though they're introducing Ironheart so she might get the role I wanted for Harley going forward.
It’s entirely possible she’ll be the one to end up in an eventual Young Avengers show instead of Iron Lad