What is a "side"?

I’m not a side, and I know it’s kinda new, but one thing I’m seeing is “Side. Top if it goes there.” Or “Side. Occasionally Bttm.”

Are you really a side if that’s the case?
I have always felt gay men spend too much time categorizing themselves: top, bottom, twink, bear etc. At the end of the day people have favorite things like like to do sexually. I would fit into both "Side. Top if it goes there" and “Side. Occasionally Bttm.” I just do what feels good. Like last night burying my face in my boyfriends ass.

Reactions: bigboaster
So I did an informal "survey" if you will using Sniffies with their cruising stats profile filter...

Bottom... Lots and lots of guys around me (way too many <ggg>).
Side... A few less.
Top... A ghost town.

I think the more the term "side" gets around, it may become more popular than even bottom. In my area a lot of us are discreet guys so that may explain the stats I'm seeing.

Never heard of that one, and I've heard it all. Sounds like just a position preference and nothing more. Side means not into anal.

No .. side sex is what I said it is.. people just come along.. can’t think of a name to originally call it and use one that’s already in use…

Years ago the word gay meant happy.. and was used in songs during those times.. even couple Christmas songs..

Back then a person was considered queer .. somehow it got changed to gay .. and suddenly can’t go around these days .. even in a joking manner and say isn’t today a gay day.. or are you gay ( when meant happy..) so can’t say yes I’m gay now..

If don’t like anal sex and only do oral.. just say I only do oral.. I do t do anal.. and so on..

I loved the side position for many years.. you can be having fun under covers and if someone comes knocking or entered the room you just laid there pretending to be asleep..

Last edited by a moderator: