What Made You Smile Today?

D

deleted5791141

Name as many or as few things as you like. :emoji_blush:

watching our new puppy try to show dominance over our cat (who’s easily 3x as big).

finding some pancake syrup at work for my leftover pancakes that I brought for brekkie.

seeing a tomatillo on my plant!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry if this is long, but it ends with a big smile. I'm back in the captain's chair at my office because the COO tested positive. I only have a few days left, but today we got a call that one of our crew had been in a traffic accident. Some may remember that I was involved in a pretty major one a couple of years back. So when I heard the call it sent shivers up my spine, but I immediately left the office to go check on Matt.

By the time I got there the wrecker had just arrived, the cops were writing their report and the EMTs were bandaging up poor Matt where the airbags had brush-burned his arms. The truck looked to be in one piece, but he hit a concrete piling just right to blow the airbags. Apparently, he hit a pothole and lost control. The road is notorious for them. No one else was hurt.

But when I went to talk to Matt one of the EMTs was explaining that it was superficial and they cleaned him up and ... hey, I know you!

I tried to see if I recognized him, and while familiar I couldn't place him.

He said the last first he saw me he thought I was dead. Then he checked on me in the hospital, and it clicked. It was the same EMT who cared for me in my accident!

We had a nice little talk while poor Matt waited patiently with bandaged arms.

The EMT, whose name I simply cannot remember, said it was great to see me upright.

I smiled for the rest of the day. Of course, I spent most of the rest of the day in the hospital waiting for Matt to get checked out. All good.

D

deleted5791141

Running into my neighbor while out shopping and her telling me how well-behaved my pup is (he’s still learning but knows a couple of commands).

This weird little community we have here at LPSG - the mods and owner do so much behind the scenes that we’re not even aware of, to not only keep it running well, but also reach out to our fellow humans when they might need a little pick-me-up to know they’re not alone. :blush:

jb9

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was running errands, and due to a detour, took a street that I lived on years ago. Drove past the first house I lived in, and there was a little girl selling lemonade on the front lawn. Did a U-turn, and got out the car and bought a 0.50 cent glass of lemonade. Just stood on the lawn, looking at the house, remembering the first friends I ever made.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lil Dude being his charming lady-killer self today. We went on a load up with a drive-thru stop, he totally got 2 pup cups.

He's so damn sweet.

I had worried limited socializing since Cooties2020 might have but him off strangers. Nope. Big ole moosh.

D

deleted5791141

You know that feeling when you pick up right where you left off with an old friend that you haven’t chatted with, in ages? The closest thing is it’s like a feeling of going home again.

So a friend that I haven’t spoken to since last year maybe? Pre-covid, that’s for sure - reached out yesterday. :blush: It was nice catching up with each other over the last 2 days and finding out he’s doing well, all things considered.