What to do about gay thoughts?

D

deleted17750811

Hey guys, I need to hear straight male advice on this please. I occasionally get dreams where I’m affectionate or sexual with other guys. I never think of myself as gay, had a gf until 2021, but the feelings I wake up with make me feel good, proper aroused and hard. I’ve had conscious thoughts about it too but is it normal for straight guys to sometimes get this? I don’t want to be in a gay relationship or try it out even though my body responds to it. Is it something you just brush off as random desires? Is it because I’m a little too gym / muscle obsessed? Getting lonely? Something else? Thanks

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

'Homosexual OCD': Straight Men Who Suspect They Are Gay​

'Homosexual OCD': Straight Men Who Suspect They Are Gay

"I have many gay clients and phobia is my business," he said. "I treat them like any client looking for help, and derive great enjoyment in working with them and all my clients."

But, he says health professionals need a better understanding of OCD so patients receive proper treatment for a mental obsession, rather than counseling for a sexual orientation crisis that he says has nothing to do with mental illness.

This type of OCD falls under the category of sexual obsessions, according to Jeff Szymanski, a clinical psychologist and executive director of the International OCD Foundation.

"I have treated this many times," he said. "These individuals suffer from pathological doubt. Even though they know that they are 100 percent straight, not gay, they second guess it. For example, they might think, 'Wait a minute I spent too much time looking at that guy in the locker room. What does that mean?' They get lost in the need to know – the need to be sure."

Szymanski said that in 90 percent of the cases he has treated, the patient is clearly straight. Occasionally, a person learns they are gay. "I say, oh, that's interesting, how do you feel about being gay and what can we do about that?'

Read the link

Cheers

NeedARelease

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I’ve had dreams like thag I don’t really give them a second thought. The mind will do what it wants. I’ve also had dreams about women I would never find attractive.
I think it’s just about what’s in your thoughts when you fall alseep or from through out the day. Subconsciously you don’t know they are there.

I’m straight and I know I’m straight(although I do love seeing all the different cocks in the world) I have no desire to be with a gay man but that doesn’t mean my mind doesn’t think about them.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The few dreams I can remember often involves me flying, but that doesn't mean I'm a bird or want to be. It also doesn't change the fact that in waking life I have a mild to moderate phobia of heights while in my dreams I don't.

So I think you're reading too much into it and dream content, whether sexual or not, does not necessarily equate to what one would desire or attempt when awake. To me, they are just an attempt of the mind to reorganize the day's subconscious clutter and not meant as a Freudian interpretation or prophecy.

If you find that you are having these thoughts of curiosity or men on men sex during waking life that is different, yet there would still be nothing abnormal or wrong about that. It is only a problem if you think it is.

The way I see it you can either accept these thoughts and embrace them or dismiss them as meaning nothing. There is no right or wrong answer and if you feel conflicted only you can answer why.

Nemorex

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think it is normal. Nothing to worry about, pro just really horny. I jerk off to dudes domes too.
if you still feel straight, you are probably straight.

Reactions: Gj816 and ToryK

Nemorex

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Call me whatever you will I love women titties p**** but recently I've been hooking up with some hot muscular dude and he sucks the best I like jerking on them but I still love some titties love love but I love musculars
Totally agree. I love girls, tits, and pounding pussy. but if a dude want to suck me off, that is fine. In my experience dudes suck better cock. I think it of getting off more than anything gay

freebird859976

Sexy Member
Media
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Totally agree. I love girls, tits, and pounding pussy. but if a dude want to suck me off, that is fine. In my experience dudes suck better cock. I think it of getting off more than anything gay
He'll ya