Why so many straight guys are bothered to see other guys penises?

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm just curious to know why there are a lot of straight guys that are bothered to see other guys penises. I'm talking about scenarios where they are with friends or other guys and nudity is expected or at least is not sexual at all (roommates, changing clothes situation, locker rooms, communal showers.) I'm asking because in my experience, a lot of straight friends (coworkers, etc) talk about how they don't like to see another guy dicks even friends, and try to avoid at any cost. Is it because they're uncomfortable with nudity in general or is just that they think that looking at a penis or being in the same room with another guy naked (in a not sexual scenario) it may be a little bit gay?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just curious to know why there are a lot of straight guys that are bothered to see other guys penises. I'm talking about scenarios where they are with friends or other guys and nudity is expected or at least is not sexual at all (roommates, changing clothes situation, locker rooms, communal showers.) I'm asking because in my experience, a lot of straight friends (coworkers, etc) talk about how they don't like to see another guy dicks even friends, and try to avoid at any cost. Is it because they're uncomfortable with nudity in general or is just that they think that looking at a penis or being in the same room with another guy naked (in a not sexual scenario) it may be a little bit gay?

If I'm someplace that nudity is expected (a locker room, a nude beach, whatever) it's fine.

If I'm anyplace else, even just random conversations here on a forum ostensibly about big dicks, when guys flash their junk I find it repulsive and throw them straight on ignore. It's offensively bad manners.

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I thought the same, either insecurities or just coming from a very prudish family. When I was in college, I had a roommate that whenever one of the guys was naked in front of him coming from the showers, used to get very uncomfortable. It was so funny, suddenly trying to read a magazine or looking at the ceiling just to avoid to look at him.

BWPHOENIX

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seeing other guys dicks have no effect on me, unless they're hard, pointed at me, and the guy has a big grin on his face.

I concur.

Several of my close friends have seen me nude. We’ve traveled all over together; spent a week in a camper at a rock festival just for an example. When you’re changing clothes it’s unavoidable. I’ve seen theirs, they’ve seen mine. And I’ve been involved in several threesomes involving other guys. I have no problem seeing another guy’s dick. I only have a problem when the guy attached to the other guy is trying to convince me that his dick is better than pussy. In my personal sexual world...it’s not.

To use a film industry term “Pickle is ok, Angry Pickle is not.”

Think you're kind of mixing apples and genitals.

Seriously I think there is a difference between a guy being bothered in seeing another guy nude, vice guys that either a) spend excessive time trying to look at or show off to another guy in these situations or b) the insane fucking what ifs that people here ask to execute digital outings.

As an aside being from an older generation of American males I have noticed that the younger males are more conservative about nudity, but I believe it has more to do with the changing environment than the voyeur - exhibitionist aspect of it. Guys my age generally grew up in more communal situations such as no private bedroom growing up with siblings, open showers vice stalls in public places, etc

I also think no one says "hey I am going out to look at dicks, be back at 7 ish"

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Think you're kind of mixing apples and genitals.

Seriously I think there is a difference between a guy being bothered in seeing another guy nude, vice guys that either a) spend excessive time trying to look at or show off to another guy in these situations or b) the insane fucking what ifs that people here ask to execute digital outings.

As an aside being from an older generation of American males I have noticed that the younger males are more conservative about nudity, but I believe it has more to do with the changing environment than the voyeur - exhibitionist aspect of it. Guys my age generally grew up in more communal situations such as no private bedroom growing up with siblings, open showers vice stalls in public places, etc

I also think no one says "hey I am going out to look at dicks, be back at 7 ish"

Maybe I didn't explain my question better. I'm not talking about straight guys looking up to see dicks, or attracted to guys (I know if you're straight you're attracted to girls, I get that.) I'm referring to those guys that feel uncomfortable just seeing other guy naked or even being nude themselves among other guys. Previously, I told about a roommate I had that avoided at any cost to look at a guy who was just changing clothes in the room while having a conversation. For example, I remember another friend of mine (straight) that use to complaint if someone started to undress in front of him like "Dude, don't take your pants off, I don't want to see your dick" and then used to leave. And the guy wasn't showing off, he just felt comfortable to change clothes in front of us.

I've met a lot of straight guys like that. Basically, I'm just curious why there are straight guys that feel so uncomfortable in the presence of another guy's nudity. Maybe you're right and it's something about younger generations. For my dad generation (Baby Boomers), growing up in the 60s, modesty and privacy were rare among guys.

Maybe I didn't explain my question better. I'm not talking about straight guys looking up to see dicks, or attracted to guys (I know if you're straight you're attracted to girls, I get that.) I'm referring to those guys that feel uncomfortable just seeing other guy naked or even being nude themselves among other guys. Previously, I told about a roommate I had that avoided at any cost to look at a guy who was just changing clothes in the room while having a conversation. For example, I remember another friend of mine (straight) that use to complaint if someone started to undress in front of him like "Dude, don't take your pants off, I don't want to see your dick" and then used to leave. And the guy wasn't showing off, he just felt comfortable to change clothes in front of us.

I've met a lot of straight guys like that. Basically, I'm just curious why there are straight guys that feel so uncomfortable in the presence of another guy's nudity. Maybe you're right and it's something about younger generations. For my dad generation (Baby Boomers), growing up in the 60s, modesty and privacy were rare among guys.

Probably just being overly dramatic to some degree. If you look at your dad and my generation it wasn't a big deal. Another guy had his dick out it was ignored. The only thing that was a variable was if it was someplace that it was OK (bathroom, locker room, shower, etc).

Take your dick out at a trough urinal fine, take your dick out in a subway your getting arrested. Naked in the shower at the gym fine, streaking across the 50 yard line at a football game, the ref would blow the whistle and call personal foul on the receiving team, 15 yard penalty and arrest that bare ass fucker

Reactions: ronin001

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doesn't bother me at all, I've played many sports all my life which means I'm going to be naked in showers and changing rooms. I also enjoy nudist camps or beaches etc, no issues here.

Reactions: Beardon and Stabilo

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same reason I dont want to see an overweight unattractive woman naked it is not appealing at all.

I've also never been in a place where nudity is expected so if a guy was purposefully getting naked and it is clear that it is unnecessary then that can be a problem.

If you go to a nude beach though you can't complain you chose to go there

Reactions: 6inchcock

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my Fathers generation and before, men changed and bathed together as did women; with little to no shame . Houses did not have multiple bathrooms or even bathrooms.

Back to the original posting. Aside from my best friend growing up, I have never seen the penises of any of my friends, not that I have that many friends. But even at bars with troughs; or pissing in the woods while biking or skiing. toilet Trough you aim and look down. Outside every man selects either his own tree; or his own patch of snow to write his name in :)

I do remember a moon or two, from college days

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

My guess is that a lot of guys don't want so much as to see what another guy is packing as that they don't want the other guy to see what they are or are not packing.

Alot of guys put too much importance on their penis instead of the whole package. Their own insecurities.

The situations you describe doesn't bother me.

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I’m pro nudity. I think gyms should be gender split. I think men need to be more comfortable with who they are. My gym locker room fear was based on the fear of someone thinking I’m tiny when I’m flaccid. Now I don’t care. My penis is what it is. It’s not going to change so I just said screw it and let it hang out. Plus I’m pretty sure it help keep my skin clear for the most part since I get to air dry at the gym for the most part.