Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sure we're all familiar with the fact that there are some words that people just HATE hearing, saying, reading or being around. ("Moist" seems to be a popular one....)

Logomisia is that hatred of a word but not necessarily it's meaning or the thing it refers to. One might hate the word "teaspoon", but have no issue with actual teaspoons.

Curious to hear what your "trigger words" are!

My top three offenders are:
1 - Nipple (makes my fucking skin crawl)
2 - Ooze
3 - dribble (as in liquid)

Reactions: mallak
T

T_Lurch

Verve. Makes my teeth vibrate and just sounds weird.

Irregardless. A double negative. Usually spoken by people trying to sound erudite and intelligent. The word is regardless.

Reactions: Call_Me_Dave

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No doubt I'll be accused of just being an old fart, but whenever I hear someone (usually under 40 Y.O.) use the slang "Rando" to refer to an ordinary person. I mean does including one more letter make it that long a word that you just can't say the whole thing?

T

T_Lurch

No doubt I'll be accused of just being an old fart, but whenever I hear someone (usually under 40 Y.O.) use the slang "Rando" to refer to an ordinary person. I mean does including one more letter make it that long a word that you just can't say the whole thing?
The language is becoming progressively more truncated. I suspect eventually English will consist of pictograms and rebuses, like a modern form of hieroglyphics.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The language is becoming progressively more truncated. I suspect eventually English will consist of pictograms and rebuses, like a modern form of hieroglyphics.

I actually predict SMS will become the universal language for future generations, even in everyday conversation.

fdb86bd15a5f22ed8df2b87a0e99308f.jpg

RowanB

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

This made me think of your post. :joy:
View attachment Lmfao.mp4

WadWorshipper

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Penis. I cannot STAND this word. I mean, could you deliberately pick a word that sounded smaller than this? It sounds like the tiniest thing you could imagine, hardly accurate for guys on here!

RowanB

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Penis. I cannot STAND this word. I mean, could you deliberately pick a word that sounded smaller than this? It sounds like the tiniest thing you could imagine, hardly accurate for guys on here!

Well, what are you more comfortable with when visiting a doctor? Would you rather describe your 'x' as a penis or would just say cock/dick to the doc?

I like clinical names for things. The word 'asshole' when referring to the anus just makes me want to die inside.

WadWorshipper

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well, what are you more comfortable with when visiting a doctor? Would you rather describe your 'x' as a penis or would just say cock/dick to the doc?

I like clinical names for things. The word 'asshole' when referring to the anus just makes me want to die inside.

Talking to a doctor would be one of the rare times I would use the clinical term. While I respect you using clinical terms if you prefer them with the general public, I would die laughing if a guy asked me to lick his anus. lol