Yahoo IM

prepstudinsc: One of my friends bugged me enough to finally sign on to Yahoo messenger, so I'm Boxrprep the same as my AOL name.

7x6andchg: Well--

I'm happy!  Will you be joining us on Friday?

7x6&C

prepstudinsc: That's my plan....I'm sorry I missed the fun last night :'(

awellhungboi: excellent, Prepstud! I sure hope you'll join us on Friday.

AnonyMs: And I promise not to yell into the mike like I did last night.... :-[

prepstudinsc: I guess that means that I'll need to hook up my mic and stuff, too lol

rikter8: Hi Girls and Guys!

I would like to participate if I may.
I will run out before friday and buy a good headset since my other one was destroyed in the move.

Sammy, check your YIM messanger - I sent ya a blip.
Hope to chat with you all on Friday night!

My YIM is: bandit400

It originated from "bandit - smokey and the bandit, favorite movie, AND at 16, I outran a county cop car.
400 came from the first engine that I rebuilt. A 400CID chevy Small block.

Corey

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
hmmm...how do i find out if my system is set up for talk?

There's a condenser mike in the monitor but I can't make it work.

Will i need a sound card or something?

I'm so cyber-challenged.

Pecker

(Guy: "Can I park here?" Cop: "No." Guy: "What about all those other cars?" Cop: "They didn't ask.")

awellhungboi: That's a 10-4, good buddy! Catch ya on the flip side!

7x6andchg: Pecker -

You will need a sound card of some sort. If your computer can play sounds at all you probably have one.

If your Yahoo IM window has a microphone symbol at the top that says "Voice" you're good to go - you might need to buy a microphone and see if there's a place to plug it in...usually in the back of the CPU.

If not, one can come anyway and type...

7x6&C

Longhornjok: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=meetgreet;num=1055887447;start=60#69 date=09/10/03 at 20:13:45]If your Yahoo IM window has a microphone symbol at the top that says "Voice" you're good to go - you might need to buy a microphone and see if there's a place to plug it in...usually in the back of the CPU.

If not, one can come anyway and type...

7x6&C

[/quote]

At the risk of being repetitive, you can't join in a YM Voice Chat room if you're using a Mac, regardless of whether or not you have a mic. If the Friday night thing is a Voice Chat thing that's cool, but someone let me know so I don't waste my time. Thanks!

H8Monga: *wanders in from the background shyly*

How long are you guys doing this? Past 12AM EDT?

sammygirly: Anything's possible Hapi....however long we talk depends on however long everyone manages to have something to say...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Thanks for the help, Paul.

I put Yahoo Voice Chat in my browser search window and found the instructions for turning on my codec. I should be ready to go as soon as I get back from Wal-Mart with a mike.

I feel so warm and fuzzy.

Pecker

("What happened to your ears?" 'I was ironing and the phone rang.' "But what about the other ear?" 'I had to call the doctor.')

sammygirly: Yay Pecker!

My YIM list is really getting large - just make sure that yall are ON tomorrow night for me to instruct. I will also be signed into this board in case anyone is having troubles, and you can IM me here for help.

I'm sure that Monstro and Paul (7x6) will do the same...we've worked out some of the kinks and *think* we have this thing under control LoL

throb919: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1055887447;start=60#75 date=09/11/03 at 09:36:16]
I'm sure that Monstro and Paul (7x6) will do the same...we've worked out some of the kinks and *think* we have this thing under control LoL
[/quote]
Really enjoying the mental image of Sammygirly, Monstro, and Paul working out some of the kinks...

(Damn these heterosexual twinges!)

dr_drew2: Hey folks........ feel free to drop me a line or chat me up if you see me on yahoo. Use AIM too, but am a bit guarded with posting the screen name. On yahoo, find me under Dr_DrewUVA 8)