Your thoughts on polyamory and monogomy

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
One night I was perusing through the movie channels and came upon one on ShowTime called Polyamory: Married and Dating. Very interesting show, still seems somewhat staged but caught my attention nonetheless. Basic concept are 3 couples that are... married and dating.

I personally am a monogamous type of guy, it feels great to be w/ just one person w/o having to get the "I'm sharing him" effect. When I was single I always hooked up w/ partnered men and women w/o a care in the world, but now when people try to get me in the sheets and know I'm partnered, it upsets me. Not sure why.

Anyhow, are any of you in a relationship or married but still have NSA sex on the side? Monogamous but known for your partner to have multiple partners on the side? Jealous in a poly relationship?

We've seen that show. It was interesting.
Yes. Very married. And yes NSA on the side. Not jealous. Neither of us are. We are very secure and confident in our relationship. I've made some good "sex friends" but no relationship could ever break the bonds of our marriage.
It isn't for everyone. But I've learned to embrace it.

I might need to watch that show too. The idea of a committed relationship, but with the scope for some occasional sex outside of that relationship does appeal to me. I would love to be in that kind of relationship where there is that level of trust and acceptance. Polyamory doesn't appeal so much, because it's difficult enough trying to have a relationship with just the one person.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Myself and my husband swing, I'd never done that before I met him although I have had several guys on the go at once in the past, but that's not the same thing. my fella introduced me to naturism and swinging, we only swing as a couple with couples, it's fantastic fun, it's a completely different thing to the intimate sex we have in our marriage, it's a way of having fun, exploring sexuality and fulfilling fantasy. it's a great way of life and makes everything more exciting in my opinion, it may not be for everyone but we love that life !

or married but still have NSA sex on the side?

Yes I do, without the knowledge of my wife. We married early in life, I was 20. We have a very successful marriage and beautiful, adult children and a grandchild. Yes, we have a great house, have a great extended family and I love all of my family and they love me.

All of that success did not keep the mid-life crisis from hitting me. I have the exotic sports car, I have a job where I charge large amounts of money, I have professional recognition as an expert in my field and I can work when I feel like it.

That still did not put out the fire for experiencing other women. I love my wife but I wanted to experience what is is out there in the female area. I have had many other women, later in my life, that have expanded my appreciation of the female body and pschye.

I use this experience with my wife and appreciate her even more.

You are delusional if you think you have a "successful marriage" whilst you cheat on your wife behind her back.

Why don't you tell your wife and children about your escapades with "many other women" and see how deep their love is for you then?

Reactions: 693987 and 950483

sgdgolf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We are super happy with her having boyfriends and me being monogamous. It has really taken the pressure to perform off of me. Sex is just not something I am good at nor equipped for. We still have lots of intimacy, but the sexual kicks she gets elsewhere. She really enjoys it that she can have any guy she wants. I am just not the jealous type, so I am happy that she is happy.

Ponto

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Alice Springs (Northern Territory, Australia)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lots of marriages allow for alternative sex options and are happier than "traditional" unions.
That is true, but that is because the couple have worked out what they want in sex and haven't just forced one into something the other does not want.

When I was married, the wife wouldn't do threesomes or any sort of multiple couple sex gatherings.

I am not super jealous, but in marriage or a partnership, I have to be the main man, not the second, third, fourth and so on. Now that I am freelancing, I am free and easy, after all I am the one doing the cuckolding so being the second is okay with me.

I think monogamy isn't for everyone, and that is fine so long as they don't pretend to be monogamous while in a relationship. Polyamory isn't for everyone, neither is swinging. Pick what works for you, be honest, be loyal if you've agreed to it, and generally try to be a decent human.

For myself, I'm a big believer in being honest and up front. I've done casual/multiple friends with benefits, polyamory, and monogamy. Everything and everyone was clear on what parameters were in place for our relationship/interactions. I've never cheated. It seems obvious to say it, but honest open communication takes care of a lot.

Reactions: g0nz0