A deep heartfelt "thank you" for the link to the Cliteracy TED talk

TriplePoint PolyBi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So while I was aware of the actual shape of the clitoris as described in the TEDxSalford talk there was one nagging think I was dying to ask. But then today I found another video that answered my question.

Do you mind if I share? I'm in awe of the clitoris and am amazed of the many similarities and the few differences to the penis.

Anyway, I had always wondered if the corpus cavernosum of the clitoris (the erectile tissue) was different than the male's corpus cavernosum erectile tissue. Men have two types of erectile tissue, the cavernosum and the corpus spongiosum. The latter is erectile tissue, but softer so the glans (head) is softer on entry and just strong enough to keep the urethra dilated for ejactulation. (things would get uncomfortable quick if the urethra had collapsed during ejaculation)

But i always wondered: was there a third type for the clitoris? An erect clitoris never felt as hard as my penis, but it didn't feel as soft as the spongeosum, either.

In the for-what-it's worth department, I discovered today the corpus cavernosum erectile tissue of men and women are indeed the same but the Tunica Albuginea elastic sheath surrounding the erectile tissue is what's different between the genders. Women only have one layer of the Tunica Albuginea, men have two layers. In the men the second layer prevents expansion of the erectile tissue, making it stiff on erection, but in the women the single layer lets the tissue expand and swell so it doesn't get as stiff.

Totally amazing. To me, at least.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just wanted to get away from the guys' self-absorbed focus on their dicks for a while.