Academy Awards 2010 - Your Predictions

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, any little remaining credibility the oscars had just went out the window...

Sandra Bullock - Academy Award Winner...

ridiculous.

Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock...two best actress awards
Julianne Moore...none
Cate Blanchett...1 supporting actress award

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gabby got robbed. :frown1:

But it warms my heart to know that an uncompromising independent film pretty much swept the oscars. :)

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a neat little game I play with a few friends from around the globe. We all pick our contenders for the Oscars before the finalists are announced and then refine our picks once the announcement has been made. Let's see your picks for the main categories. Picks should be based on who you think will win. If it's really tough to pick just one, give an either/or!

Without further a-do, here be mine:

Best Picture

Best Director
James Cameron - Avatar
OR
Kathryn Bigelow - The Hurt Locker

Best Actor
Jeff Bridges - A Crazy Heart

Best Actress
Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side

Best Supporting Actor
Christopher Waltz - Inglourious Basterds

Best Supporting Actress
Mo'nique - Precious

Best Animated Feature
Up

EDIT - And as always, a nod but unlikely a win for Meryl Streep.

WOW~ you almost swept in your predictions! Congrats!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I really thought that Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz deserved their Oscars.
Haven't seen The Hurt Locker. Big omission.
I wasn't that nuts about Precious or about Gabourey Sidibe ... much preferred Mo'Nique's mother.
There were so many awards where, as usual, I had no friggin clue who should win, even after excerpts were shown.
I think I got 11 correct.
I could have easily had three.

Last edited:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quite an upset that The Hurt Locker took Best Picture. Jim Cameron looked completely convinced he was going to walk away with that one.

But I think it was awesome that Sandy Bullock got Best Actress. If measured from the standpoint of whether audiences totally, 100% believed she was that character, she nailed it. (I'm also a little biased because she's a fellow Virginian and went to a rival high school.) But it was about time she was given a role where she could be the cheeky Southern woman she is and play it with heart and nuance. She transformed into Leigh Anne Tuohy. Well done.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gabby got robbed. :frown1:

It was pretty apparent she wasn't going to win Best Actress. It's practically impossible for someone to win such an award on her very first try in her very first role. "Precious" is still my favorite movie of last year, next to "Gospel Hill" which not only didn't get any nominations but no major advertisements beyond a few small independent film centers.

Here's a surprise... Best Documentary. I thought "Food Inc" was a sure winner.

On another note, can someone explain to me the need for Interpretive Breakdancing during the Original Score category? :confused: :rolleyes:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Sandler Avatar spoof was so unnecessary and unfunny that it wasn't needed at all. That was just one long unfunny joke and it convinced that Sandler was going through the motions yet again.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I watched them live (eventually getting to bed at about 5am UK time) and was quite unsurprised by all of the results. I was very glad Christoph Waltz and Mo'nique won for their supporting roles but all of the other results were no big surprises. I did expect Avatar to take best picture but it became clear quite early on that it was going to be Hurt Lockers night (I really need to sit down and watch that movie).

Biggest disappointment? A toss up between Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin's terrible scripted banter or the frankly bizarre musical interpretations to the best score.

Best bit? The Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr intro to the screenplay categories including the line when Downey Jr calls writers "sickly little mole people".

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hooray for Sandy bullock, but is it me , or did she look about 20 years older than she did at the Golden Globes ???? Fire that makeup artist, they made you look like an old Hollywood matron....

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jennifer Hudson DID, and she aint even an actress....

Ain't it the truth.

Plus, Gabby won the Best Actress in the Independent Spirit Awards (which was actually waaaaaaay more entertaining and meaningful than the Oscars) and so did Jeff Bridges, so I was expecting a similar result. Sandra Bullock just isn't my kind of actress, her accent sucked.

The Independent Spirit Awards also thought that Lee Daniels did a better job at directing than Kathryn Bigelow. I am inclined to agree... because it's pretty easy for a bunch of guys to run around in the sand and play war, although the "Hurt Locker" is an aaaaaawesome movie.

Last edited:

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hooray for Sandy bullock, but is it me , or did she look about 20 years older than she did at the Golden Globes ???? Fire that makeup artist, they made you look like an old Hollywood matron....

I thought several misfired with the make up and hair. Seemed to be a few with harsh hair colours and metallic dresses that didnt match their skin tone.

My absolute favourite. Be fair, she was starting at a HUGE disadvantage. But she rocks the purple and that flowery detail really distracts you from her size.

:biggrin1:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quite an upset that The Hurt Locker took Best Picture. Jim Cameron looked completely convinced he was going to walk away with that one.

But I think it was awesome that Sandy Bullock got Best Actress. If measured from the standpoint of whether audiences totally, 100% believed she was that character, she nailed it. (I'm also a little biased because she's a fellow Virginian and went to a rival high school.) But it was about time she was given a role where she could be the cheeky Southern woman she is and play it with heart and nuance. She transformed into Leigh Anne Tuohy. Well done.
Hey I definitely agree with you about Sandra. I've been a fan for years and went to see "The Blind Side" on a date. I thought the film might be okay but her performance blew me away. As we walked out my boyfriend and I both stated that she was a shoo in for an Oscar nomination. She's worked a long time and it's nice to see her getting some recognition.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was pretty apparent she wasn't going to win Best Actress. It's practically impossible for someone to win such an award on her very first try in her very first role.

Jennifer Hudson DID, and she aint even an actress....
Jennifer won as Best Supporting Actress. It is more common for a newcomer to win in the supporting category as opposed to the lead category.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Biggest disappointment? A toss up between Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin's terrible scripted banter or the frankly bizarre musical interpretations to the best score.

What moron decided to allow that dance presentation? I'd prefer to see Debbie Allen back as choreographer. At least the production numbers made more sense and related to the films being honored.

I m glad that Avatar didint get award 4 best picture or director.. Hurt Locker is really good film.. I like Sandra but..this is her first more serious role so she won.. but the Blind Side is movie for boring sunday aftenoon.. I survived Resee and Hale so..i ll survive Sandra..Helen Mirren was brilliant in Last Station..I adore Meryl Streep even her role was not that difficult and demanding but the woman is legend.. And i m so happy for Monique she won..she was amazing.. jeff bridges is one good actor,he has bettermovies but he deserved to get one for sure..