Academy Awards 2010 - Your Predictions

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
did anyone see that crazy redheaded lady Elinor Burkett, who pulled the Kanye West during the acceptance for best documentary short? talk about cra-zazy. :eek:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jennifer Hudson DID, and she aint even an actress....

Key word - practically.
I didn't say it was impossible, just highly unlikely. Besides, with Mo'Nique being a sure-in for Best Supporting Actress (fueled behind the business political notion that awards need to be "spread out" among the deserving titles), what would have been the chances for one movie to win both trophies? Plus, Jennifer Hudson won for Best Supporting Actress... not Best Actress.

Gabby will be back... for sure.

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought several misfired with the make up and hair. Seemed to be a few with harsh hair colours and metallic dresses that didnt match their skin tone.

My absolute favourite. Be fair, she was starting at a HUGE disadvantage. But she rocks the purple and that flowery detail really distracts you from her size.

:biggrin1:

Well Gabby needs to learn "less is more". Being a Hollywood actress doesnt need to mean over the top and bigger than life. YES, she is a big girl, but so are Mo'nique and Queen Latifah, both of whom looked stunning
without being "fussy"... Tone it down girl. Your vibrant personality will get you noticed....You dont need all that FLUFF...

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jennifer won as Best Supporting Actress. It is more common for a newcomer to win in the supporting category as opposed to the lead category.

I thought the point being made was one more of race than category, but perhaps it was just my interpretatiion of the comment.? the talent should speak for itself, no matter what category it was. Honestly, I found Gabbys performance more riveting than Sandys, but Sandy is Hollywoods sweetheart, with a vast body of work under her belt for which she hasnt been recognized. I guess her moon just aligned with her stars this time out ? And although Gabby has proven that she is a fierce actress, in interviews she comes off just a bit.........obnoxious. :eek:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jeff bridges is one good actor,he has bettermovies but he deserved to get one for sure..

I feel bad asking, but... did anyone else think he might be stoned last night? I was thinking he either got high before the awards or something he's been doing cumulatively the last few years has kind of fried his cortex. It seemed like more than just Oscar night jitters or being tired. His acceptance speech was desultory and his gaze looked strange.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Dude abides......sorry...just got a Big Lebowski flashback at that moment.

But what about that woman that appeared out of nowhere when that guy won a documentary and she saying about a band.....what she was smoking? LOL.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Did anyone else find it bizarre that Farrah Fawcett and Beatrice Arthur were omitted from the oscar memorial? They both had careers in mainstream film and Michael Jackson as far as I know was only in one film during his career.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Did anyone else find it bizarre that Farrah Fawcett and Beatrice Arthur were omitted from the oscar memorial? They both had careers in mainstream film and Michael Jackson as far as I know was only in one film during his career.

They have a history of bizarre choices and omissions. The year Brad Renfro died he was left out and the excuse was that including him would have made the segment run too long. Couldn't they have left out an agent or cinematographer who hadn't worked since the 40s?

D

deleted157868

I am so happy that Avatar did not win best picture. I can't believe it was even nominated.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Yes, that was bizarre.
They were better known and better loved than many of the peeps who were
mentioned.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I have a sneaky suspicion they actually just forgot them. Then covered their incompetence by claiming they didnt have time.

I am so happy that Avatar did not win best picture. I can't believe it was even nominated.

I agree. Well, I can see why it was nominated. But considering how much it cost it bloody well should look impressive.

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stayed up all night (like every year) to watch the Oscars. When they ended it was already 6am here. God was I tired.
The Award Show wasn't all that great this year, I liked last year better. Maybe I didn't like it this year cause I can't stand that Baldwin dude. Urgh.
Last year the Host was Hugh Jackman, he sang, danced and so on. He was far more entertaining.
I am so happy that Sandra won, maybe because she spent part of her Childhood here in my hometown in Germany and still speaks german :smile:
I am also glad, of course, that Christoph Waltz won.
And I am happy that Avatar did NOT win best picture award. Because it's story line sucked and just because it cost a lot of money and has all this great new technique in it, doesn't make it a good movie, imho.

I really loved Mo'nique's Acceptance Speech, where she thanked/reminded of Hattie McDaniel, who is one of my favourite actresses, who was the first african- american actress to ever win an Oscar.

And wasn't it nice that Oprah got to "introduce" Gabourey Sidibe as best actress nominee?