Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to jog/run, 2-3 times a week. One of those is usually around 16k/10 mi.The other 1-2 shorter: more in the range of 5-10 km or 3-6 mi.

I have been running for 10 years now to keep my weight from going up all the time and enjoy doing it.

Any guys here into running? How often do you go and how far? And feel free to post your personal bests :D

Reactions: C18

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I started running regularly in December 2019, and then when the pandemic hit I was running even more frequently.

I usually get about 30 miles a week, between 7 and 9 each time I go out.

Sooner or later I’ll try a marathon. I’m sure I can handle the distance. What matters to me is how fast I can do it

Reactions: pappiepapie

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Great distance there! How fast do you think you can do a marathon?

I don't know. I just ran a half marathon distance at an 8:06 pace, and the middle portion of the route is hilly. Probably more challenging than a sanctioned course would be, which leads me to believe I could do it faster.

A marathon calculates out to about 3:32 at that pace.

justjoe2

Sexy Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't consider myself a true runner but average 2 runs a week between 3.5 and 4 miles each. Those are my cardio days between the lifting routines. Wish I was faster but usually average between 24 and 25 minute 5K. My marathon pace would be shameful..lol

Reactions: twoton

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't consider myself a true runner but average 2 runs a week between 3.5 and 4 miles each. Those are my cardio days between the lifting routines. Wish I was faster but usually average between 24 and 25 minute 5K. My marathon pace would be shameful..lol

That's a pretty good pace for 5k. Running a marathon is not something that many people do (including me :D ). Looking around here in Amsterdam you would outpace many people running, which is really good considering you don't run that often and dedicate more time to lifting routines!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wish I was faster but usually average between 24 and 25 minute 5K. My marathon pace would be shameful..lol

That's a pretty good pace for 5k.

Indeed. That's a decent pace.
A couple days ago I put in 7 miles at a 7:39 pace, some parts while running into a wall of headwind. I was pretty happy with that.

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Indeed. That's a decent pace.
A couple days ago I put in 7 miles at a 7:39 pace, some parts while running into a wall of headwind. I was pretty happy with that.
That's also a nice pace!

I am building up again after having a foot injury. I have to be a little careful not to go too fast too far too soon :D

Reactions: twoton and justjoe2

justjoe2

Sexy Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the support. My pace is ok but not where I'd like it to be. Then again as you said I do spend more time on lifting than cardio. As my old chiropractor said once " You are not built for running at 6 foot 2 and 205 pounds." I considered that a challenge!

I am not fast but totally enjoy the rush, plus runners are the best people after the race. Never overly judgmental, willing to talk technique, and also ready for a beer!

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the support. My pace is ok but not where I'd like it to be. Then again as you said I do spend more time on lifting than cardio. As my old chiropractor said once " You are not built for running at 6 foot 2 and 205 pounds." I considered that a challenge!

I am not fast but totally enjoy the rush, plus runners are the best people after the race. Never overly judgmental, willing to talk technique, and also ready for a beer!

Haha yeah a bit of the same here: 6 foot 5 and around 200 pounds. Well at least we burn calories faster per km than the small skinny guys :D

Reactions: justjoe2