Besides Intercourse How Important Is Intimacy In A Relationship?

Rewardheragain148

Loved Member
Media
I'm one of those weird ones who cannot have sex outside of an exclusive relationship. And any relationship I have will be intimate. It's how I roll - on the streets and in the sheets.

A few years ago there was a heavy discussion about intimacy at a cocktail party of all places. It's one of those deep dives that some "with it" people like to do. We were asked when was the last time you were intimate with your partner. I piped right up and said "in the car on the way here."

Well, of course a bunch of eyes turned in my direction, I guess to see how wrinkled my dress was. But I explained that we were talking about plans we were making to go on a trip, and what we would do there. And I told them how I know he likes to go to the mountains, and I like to visit little shops.

They didn't think that construed intimacy. I asked them if they knew he liked to go to the mountains. They said no. I said i did because we were that intimate with each other. And he likes the Smokey Mountains most of all. That's intimacy.

He fixes me coffee almost every single day. It's hard for me to go to a coffee shop because no one fixes my coffee like he does. He knows how I like it. That's intimacy.

I get very confused when I see questions on this site about "how can I know if she likes to..." and it doesn't matter what they ask. It's the fact that they ask it. "How can I get her to do..."

Those questions drive me frickin' crazy! ASK HER! She's the one you should be intimate with.

And one-night stands and NSA sex notwithstanding, if you're banging someone then you should be intimate enough to communicate some other way than with your sex organs.

Right.

ive met ALOT of women like you they have to have a emotional/intellectual bond BEFORE having a physical bond(sex). If the man fails to maintenance the emotional bond she won’t want the physical bond anymore ect..

I wish I knew this when I was younger! Lol.

Yes intimacy for dummies like me I Like to use a Easy way to remember which is

“in-to-me” ; which sounds like intimacy. Closeness, bonding, appreciation and things of that nature. I ignored how important this was in my early relationships.

And as far as sex I noticed Some women have to be comfortable and trust you before most sex acts or they won’t completely relax.