Biceps tendon injury

philip92

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have incurred a very mild sprain of my biceps tendon where it attaches to my elbow. My doctor told me I had to let it completely rest from all pulling movements. So basically no bicep or back exercises. It's been two weeks with seemingly little result. Anyone have something similar happen? If so how long did it take to heal? And what did you do to speed it along?

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don’t know if I’ve had exactly the same thing, but when I’ve had elbow tendon problems there didn’t seem to be any real cure other than time. Movement with light weight helps, in my opinion, but I’d follow the doc’s orders or get a second medical opinion.

Usually lasts at least several weeks and more likely a few months.

Leon jnr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i have incurred a very mild sprain of my biceps tendon where it attaches to my elbow. My doctor told me I had to let it completely rest from all pulling movements. So basically no bicep or back exercises. It's been two weeks with seemingly little result. Anyone have something similar happen? If so how long did it take to heal? And what did you do to speed it along?
I went for operation.biceps tendonese they call it. Six weeks to recover. Then back to gym.

bananacricket

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have had golfers elbow/medial epicodilitis for the longest. I have learned to work around it and cut out exercises that cause me problems. As well as using different forms of rehab exercises and soft tissue work like using voodoo Floss. Check out a guy on YouTube called smashweRx he post tons of videos about mobility and soft tissue work to fix the issue and speed up recovery. Also athleanx on YouTube post videos about fixing and working around injuries check his page for videos on bicep tendonitis.