Brandon flynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's always good to see more of Brandon, I hope he doesn't go too far as it will hurt his career. It's hard enough for an openly gay man to get cast in Hollywood, if he starts doing the kind of kinky photoshoots Jordan is into, all those conservative casting directors and studio execs will overlook him. Brandon is more that just a good looking guy, he's a really good actor who could have a successful career and I hope he doesn't do anything he regrets.

Jordan seems like a nice guy but he's into some wild stuff that studios won't be impressed with when they're looking for people to cast and I get the feeling Brandon is quite an impressionable guy.
Brandon isn't a great actor. I'm sorry, but I gotta call a spade a spade. Y'all like to say that gay men can't get roles because Hollywood is homophobic, and while that might be true to a certain extent, I also think it has a lot to do with a lack of talent, which a lot of these young actors coming into the biz nowadays simply don't have. They have pretty faces and nice bodies, but that's about it. Straight actors with minimal talent (i.e. Leo DiCaprio) can stretch their careers a little further because women want to fuck them so badly that they'll pay dollar after dollar to watch their movies no matter how bland, basic or just plain shitty. Queer actors don't have that same luxury since women are turned off by them being gay and because gay fans aren't abundant enough to make a big enough profit based solely on their sex appeal. You gotta have Meryl Streep/Viola Davis levels of talent for a gay man to draw in an audience big enough to make the Hollywood investors happy, which Brandon does not have.

Reactions: SmileyAA1
Brandon isn't a great actor. I'm sorry, but I gotta call a spade a spade. Y'all like to say that gay men can't get roles because Hollywood is homophobic, and while that might be true to a certain extent, I also think it has a lot to do with a lack of talent, which a lot of these young actors coming into the biz nowadays simply don't have. They have pretty faces and nice bodies, but that's about it. Straight actors with minimal talent (i.e. Leo DiCaprio) can stretch their careers a little further because women want to fuck them so badly that they'll pay dollar after dollar to watch their movies no matter how bland, basic or just plain shitty. Queer actors don't have that same luxury since women are turned off by them being gay and because gay fans aren't abundant enough to make a big enough profit based solely on their sex appeal. You gotta have Meryl Streep/Viola Davis levels of talent for a gay man to draw in an audience big enough to make the Hollywood investors happy, which Brandon does not have.
It's true that he's not super gifted, but calling DiCaprio not talented is kinda out there. I mean, he's a very versatile actor for sure.

It's true that he's not super gifted, but calling DiCaprio not talented is kinda out there. I mean, he's a very versatile actor for sure.
If Leo had talent-talent, he'd still be booking roles left and right even now in his 40s. Let's be real, Leo reached the heights that he has based mainly on his looks, which are fading faster and faster. Hence, Hollywood's lack of interest in him. Beauty fades, talent doesn't. That's why Meryl and Viola will more than likely continue to land roles and win Oscars until they choose to retire from acting, instead of Hollywood choosing to "go with a better candidate". Sam Jackson, Denzel Washington, Willem Dafoe, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Tilda Swinton, Toni Collette - these are talented actors who will more than likely have a high standing career in Hollywood no matter how old they get. Leo is a fuckboy who people mainly remember from Titanic. Which is ironic, since Kate Winslet out-acted him throughout the entire movie, but all people remember her for is being the "selfish bitch" who wouldn't share the door. The power of boners with a splash of misogyny will have y'all ignoring the real talent of that movie because you were too busy making goo goo eyes at the pretty boy who was riding her coattail.

Edit: I hope my comments don't come off as argumentative. By all means, feel free to disagree. These are just my personal opinions and sometimes it's difficult to express my point through text without it coming off as hostile.

If Leo had talent-talent, he'd still be booking roles left and right even now in his 40s. Let's be real, Leo reached the heights that he has based mainly on his looks, which are fading faster and faster. Hence, Hollywood's lack of interest in him. Beauty fades, talent doesn't. That's why Meryl and Viola will more than likely continue to land roles and win Oscars until they choose to retire from acting, instead of Hollywood choosing to "go with a better candidate". Sam Jackson, Denzel Washington, Willem Dafoe, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Tilda Swinton, Toni Collette - these are talented actors who will more than likely have a high standing career in Hollywood no matter how old they get. Leo is a fuckboy who people mainly remember from Titanic. Which is ironic, since Kate Winslet out-acted him throughout the entire movie, but all people remember her for is being the "selfish bitch" who wouldn't share the door. The power of boners with a splash of misogyny will have y'all ignoring the real talent of that movie because you were too busy making goo goo eyes at the pretty boy who was riding her coattail.

Edit: I hope my comments don't come off as argumentative. By all means, feel free to disagree. These are just my personal opinions and sometimes it's difficult to express my point through text without it coming off as hostile.
Leo lost his "Fuckboy" status years ago. He's not the heart throb your making him to be. He is actually a brilliant actor though.

Oh dear.
I agree with your list of talented people - all of them are really amazing and I wish some of them (cough, Toni Collette, cough) were given better opportunities I really don't think that DiCaprio doesn't get enough propositions. I really think that he's participating in the projects that are interesting enough, with big enough names attached and spends the rest of his time yachting and fucking 19yo models.
Reading isn't your strongest trait, is it?
Also - please, don't be rude. There's no need for that. We're just chatting here.

As for Brandon - he was blown up by participating in a show that was big when its first season premiered and then he was hyped by social media. Had a relationship with someone actually famous... And that's kinda it. He wasn't particularly good even in the new Hellraiser movie. A bit wooden. There are thousands of people in the industry with his skills, and hundreds who are much better.

He's an eye candy though.

Throwing irony aside.... Rude! You're ignorant rhetoric is not something that deserves any more attention.
I clearly stated that it was fine to disagree with me, but then you said and I quote "He's not the heart throb your making him to be" as if you only skim read what I wrote. If you're not gonna read, then don't reply. I don't have a problem engaging with people of different opinions, but I do have a problem with people who try to speak down to me from their imaginary high horses because they failed to understand my point. Thank God for the ignore button. Bye bye. :emoji_v:

I clearly stated that it was fine to disagree with me, but then you said and I quote "He's not the heart throb your making him to be" as if you only skim read what I wrote. If you're not gonna read, then don't reply. I don't have a problem engaging with people of different opinions, but I do have a problem with people who try to speak down to me from their imaginary high horses because they failed to understand my point. Thank God for the ignore button. Bye bye.
The Ignore button doesn't require a reply. But I do appreciate your beautiful goodbye. Anywho, Throwbacks:
Screenshot_20230417-073709~2.png
Screenshot_20230417-073437~2.png

I clearly stated that it was fine to disagree with me, but then you said and I quote "He's not the heart throb your making him to be" as if you only skim read what I wrote. If you're not gonna read, then don't reply. I don't have a problem engaging with people of different opinions, but I do have a problem with people who try to speak down to me from their imaginary high horses because they failed to understand my point. Thank God for the ignore button. Bye bye. :emoji_v:
Yea keep bring a ignorant rude person who has really bad opinions and blame others for not understanding you. No we read your weird ramblings on how one of the best actors ever isn't that great and how he'd still be getting roles if he was so good and not just hot but in fact he does still get roles but he's selective over what he picks and has never been a blockbuster kind of a actor and has never been in a crazy amount of movies just to be in them. Maybe do some research and not sound so rude when you're complety wrong

I only know Brandon from 13 Reasons Why so I only know his range of being the puppy eyed sad broken guy who has a good heart, if that's all he ever played then he isn't that great of an actor, he was pretty good in that niche, but the greatest actors have a wide range and also excel in different niches.

At least that's my definition of a great actor.

This niche also won't secure him future deals because you can't play that niche when you are 40 or 50 years old.

Also, calling Leo untalented is absurd, Scorcese is great and he likes Leo in his movies, besides that Leos range is pretty wide and his characters in the Scorcese movies are iconic, his performance in Wolf of Wall Street alone is impressive as hell.

I find it funny how everyone is comparing acting skills like brandon is still at the start of his career 13 reasons is the biggest thing his been in besides a small role in a pinhead movie and a comedy.

Comparing that to Leo who if you watch his earlier work and I'm not talking titanic he was younger then that when he start he wasn't very good but he had time to progress with his acting doors opened up and he became a great actor he is.

Brandon can work on his acting yes but the truth of the matter will stay the same that doors won't open for him like they did Leo because Hollywood won't take a risk on hiring a young gay actor in a big blockbuster movie and when they do the character there playing isn't anything too special.

So the fact is that Brandon's career is just starting comparing him to actors who's acting careers have been going for decades now isn't exactly a far comparison not to mention a lot of those actors probably sucked at the beginning of there careers that why you see them cringe when something for the start of there career is mention in a interview even they know there performance was bad because of how bad there acting skills used to be compared to where they are now.

LMAO wtf hahaha How boring and pathetic the life of this kind of people must be, that they like to come and pick a fight in a forum just to get some attention xD

LMAO wtf hahaha How boring and pathetic the life of this kind of people must be, that they like to come and pick a fight in a forum just to get some attention xD
Well, you know. We can have a little conversation from time to time. And disagree.
But then... Y'all know the first rule of LPSG - "We can't have nice things".

Agreed. I'm starting to realize that there are many people on this forum who lied about their age when they created their account. They are clearly younger than 18 and their immaturity shows once you try to engage in an adult conversation with them and you quickly realize that you're not speaking with another adult, but a child. C'est la vie. :emoji_shrug:

Reactions: SmileyAA1
Status
Not open for further replies.