Bulking

watcher13

Just Browsing
Media
i want to start bulking up, but my question is what foods should I start eating to do so? I go to the gym regularly.
thanks in advance everyone!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think the conventional advice is: eat eat eat until it hurts the eat some more. Basically anything with calories and is digestible.

Reactions: Flexxx

watcher13

Just Browsing
Media
thanks for the advice everyone, and to answer the question "what do you eat now?" I guess I was not eating enough and I was not eating stuff with enough calories. oh and i dont know if i can ask this here. what exercise can to work on my lower chest? I want to have the block look on the bottom, but I have the curve look at the moment. thanks for the advice everyone!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thanks for the advice everyone, and to answer the question "what do you eat now?" I guess I was not eating enough and I was not eating stuff with enough calories. oh and i dont know if i can ask this here. what exercise can to work on my lower chest? I want to have the block look on the bottom, but I have the curve look at the moment. thanks for the advice everyone!

My intuition is that a block look is more related to genetics than certain exercises. I don't think you can build specific parts of a muscle, and I think the pectoralis is one muscle.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
clean bulking is ideal but usually there will be a bit of fat that comes along with the muscle. honestly often times you will gain more fat then muscle which is why bodybuilders have bulk/cut etc but if you get used to how your body works you can gain mostly muscle

what do you weigh right now and do you have a goal weight or just 'bigger'
do you have any idea what your bodyfat % is?

b3ar

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am on my third bulk and what I have found to be successful is increasing carbs and calories as well as the rest time in between sets at the gym.
Foods:
Whole eggs
Meat
Complex carbs such as oatmeal and potatoes

Also I'd suggest ingesting a calorie and carbon dense shake for post workout.

Grab a mass-gainer powder too man. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm ectomorphic, so bulking is TOUGH, I burn calories from like, lifing a finger,--but the diet helps. Everything said here is true. Lets motivate each other!

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wish I knew how to bulk correctly, cut correctly also for that matter. I'm eating 6000 calories now and can hardly bulk. Protein is over 1 gram per body pound and carbs are 400 to 500 grams. Oatmeal, turkey burgers, whey and potatos are my diet. frustrating!

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1 pint of whole milk
2-3 scoops of oats
2-3 scoops of whey protein
2 banana
big dollop of Natural peanut butter
blend and drink - circa 700-1000 cals

have 2 of those a day along with your normal high protein meals and you'll gain weight believe me - if you find you're gaining too fast ie fat, cut back a little it's a long road not a short sprint - look to gain about 2lbs of lbm per week

Reactions: BetterFuture

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Make sure you get a good portion of Protein, healthy fats and A lot of Carbs. Carbs and fat are the fuel for your body and are pivotal for you workouts . The protein will aid in muscle repair. For protein go about 1.5-2 times your lean body mass, while carbs about 2-3times your body mass, fats should be around 30% or your caloric intake. If you don't want to count calories just make sure you are taking twice the recommended serving size for protein and carbs and for the healthy fats use handful of nuts, tsp-1tbsp olive oilnd like one per day avacadoe.
hope that gets you in the right direction

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lot's of protein: eggs, beef, chicken, whey protein shakes. And make sure you are eating plenty of food... it's hard to try to trim your fat and add muscle at the same time. Cycle between bulking and cutting.