Considering Circumcision - Advice?

As the title suggests, I'm on the fence about getting circumcised, and wondered if you guys here had any advice on this topic.

Some context:
  • I'm 25 years old.
  • I've always had a somewhat tight foreskin; I can retract fully when soft, but when hard, it is more difficult.
  • I cannot pull my foreskin back behind my head, as the skin tends to bunch up in a big band at the ridge.
  • These problems have gotten worse in recent years, with recurring irritation around the end of my foreskin.
  • These bouts usually resolve themselves in time.
  • Ironically, this sometimes starts after I've tried stretching.
I've been given a topical steroid cream by my GP to start stretching, but a mixture of struggling to establish the habit and occasional irritation mean I haven't seen much progress.

I'm not set on circumcision by any means, but I'm a bit concerned that stretching won't resolve my issue:
  • If my foreskin bunches up around my head when I peel it back, will any amount of stretching really fix this?
  • I've heard stories of guys who could originally retract their foreskin easily, but recurring irritation and micro-tears cause them to develop phimosis later in life.
As for circumcision itself, I guess the main thing that's putting me off is the recovery. The operation itself I've heard is pretty routine as things go, but I don't like the idea of rushing to a busy, understaffed hospital in the weeks after the operation if something goes wrong when I'm healing. Also, I wouldn't know what style to pick, and there seems to be a wide range of results for guys.

I can share pics privately if I trust ya.

So that's it. Hope this post isn't too much of a ramble, and intrigued to see what you guys think.

Obviously, I'll seek proper medical advice when the time is right, but I hoped some guys here might be able to give me their two cents.

Thanks!
Hi, in my opinion, before think ing of circumcision, you should try to stretch your foreskin and have you're frenulum cut by yourself.
After if no résultat you could try partial circumcision duhamel method. In this case your penis May remain partial uncovered.

Attachments

Reactions: Gummshoo
Hi, in my opinion, before think ing of circumcision, you should try to stretch your foreskin and have you're frenulum cut by yourself.
After if no résultat you could try partial circumcision duhamel method. In this case your penis May remain partial uncovered.
Thanks! Haven't heard of that method though?