David corenswet ( affairs of state ) 2018

Never heard of this guy before the Superman rumors, but if he indeed gets the part, he's gonna become an A-list Hollywood actor. Now to the most important stuff: do we think James Gunn is secretly going through the threads to see who we, the thirsty folk, wanna see as the new supes, or are you all clairvoyants?:joy:

Two things. 1. Being familiar with James Gunn’s work I can say with some degree of certainty that he‘s not swayed by fan casting. He tends to do his own thing when it comes to directing - which worked well for Marvel but may be challenging for DC.

2. If David Corenswet is indeed picked to play Superman it will NOT automatically make him an “A-List Actor.” In 2006 many of us nerds thought little known actor Brandon Routh would become the next big hollywood star after he was chosen by director Brian Singer to bring back the character in the film Superman Returns. He would be the first actor to grace the role of Superman since Christopher Reeve decades earlier. We all thought Brandon was on his way to super stardom with no less than 3 Superman films as a trilogy (which was common practice with franchise movies at the time). But it didn’t turn out that way. Superman Returns wasn’t well received by audiences and a sequel never came. Brandon Routh would eventually fade into obscurity until he emerged years later on the CW network. I personally believed his career was tainted by the failed film. Hopefully history won’t repeat itself with Superman Legacy.

Brandon Routh (2006)
IMG_7810.jpeg

Two things. 1. Being familiar with James Gunn’s work I can say with some degree of certainty that he‘s not swayed by fan casting. He tends to do his own thing when it comes to directing - which worked well for Marvel but may be challenging for DC.

2. If David Corenswet is indeed picked to play Superman it will NOT automatically make him an “A-List Actor.” In 2006 many of us nerds thought little known actor Brandon Routh would become the next big hollywood star after he was chosen by director Brian Singer to bring back the character in the film Superman Returns. He would be the first actor to grace the role of Superman since Christopher Reeve decades earlier. We all thought Brandon was on his way to super stardom with no less than 3 Superman films as a trilogy (which was common practice with franchise movies at the time). But it didn’t turn out that way. Superman Returns wasn’t well received by audiences and a sequel never came. Brandon Routh would eventually fade into obscurity until he emerged years later on the CW network. I personally believed his career was tainted by the failed film. Hopefully history won’t repeat itself with Superman Legacy.

Brandon Routh (2006)
View attachment 96522431
I mean, Gunn has a 10-year plan for his new DCU and Superman may be one of the most important players there. The CBM movies are not the same as they were in 2000s, and yeah they failed Brandon but he got some sort of redemption at CW.
I fully trust Gunn and believe he'll give us a great character-driven story with Supes and co.

Reactions: Psilord905
I said in another thread that I felt he was a safe choice, but that doesn't mean he can't do well in the role if he's cast that is.

I liked him in The Politician and Hollywood. He was decent in Pearl too.

I also don't see the similarity with him and Cavill but the comparisons will be inevitable nonetheless.

David has apparently advanced to the screen testing phase and there's only a handful of guys left including nicholas hoult.

I'm like 70% sure he's gonna get it. he doesnt just look the part, he also has this strong deep voice that not a lot of actors have.

But who knows James Gunn might still pick someone completely unexpected.

Just because he hasn't been hired for any major projects recently doesn't mean his "five minutes of fame" are already over. Not only is Hollywood still struggling to re-organize themselves in a post-covid world, but they're also dealing with an ongoing writer's strike which is only going to push things back even further and complicate even more future projects. So I wouldn't say that David is already old news, but just waiting in "Hollywood limbo" if that makes sense.

Also, rumor has it he was recently married, so I imagine that also took up some of his time.

He feels like a very safe choice for Superman but maybe that's needed for this specific part.
He'll do well if he's cast.
Maybe James Gunn took enough heat over firing Henry Cavill that he's hoping people will be fooled by casting someone who looks like Cavill ca. 2004?

Just because he hasn't been hired for any major projects recently doesn't mean his "five minutes of fame" are already over. Not only is Hollywood still struggling to re-organize themselves in a post-covid world, but they're also dealing with an ongoing writer's strike which is only going to push things back even further and complicate even more future projects. So I wouldn't say that David is already old news, but just waiting in "Hollywood limbo" if that makes sense.

Also, rumor has it he was recently married, so I imagine that also took up some of his time.
Also We Own This City didn't give the horndogs much to look at but being in the latest David Simon HBO joint is not nothing. And that was just last year.

Reactions: Lazyswan
david-corenswet-bulge-photos.jpg

david-corenswet-oops-penis-pics.jpg

david-corenswet-nude-photos.jpg

1.jpg
Lovely !!!