Female pants and the patriachy

I go to the men's department and buy clothes.

Why?

Because they're made from better quality fabric and the stitching is superior.
Because BOOBS makes shirts - T's and polos, look like crop tops. There's no length in the body if I need to tuck the fuckers in.
On trousers, jeans and shorts - builder's butt crack is BAD when you bend over wearing anything lower than medium rise.
Bedazzling!
Glitter.
Fucking puffy Paint!!
It's like the fucking princess sparkle fairy vomited over it.

No mother FUCKING POCKETS!!!

When I buy men's clothes and wear them they are no longer "men's clothes" - they become a woman's clothes and I look damned fabulous in them.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X
Thank you

Reactions: Holly Doors

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X

Not buying it. If that were true men's clothes wouldn't have pockets. Men's wear designers would be as concerned for the worn appearance of their designs.

Fake Pockets = Conspiracy of The Man :cool:

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not buying it. If that were true men's clothes wouldn't have pockets. Men's wear designers would be as concerned for the worn appearance of their designs.

Fake Pockets = Conspiracy of The Man :cool:

The only equivalence that men have is when the pocket is stitched in vest and jacked pockets, but I guess that doesn't count because you can open them up, while fake pockets are just a hole.
I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that their is this misguided notion that women buy clothing for style only while men buy clothing for functionality. Which from the responses here is total bullshit

the_new_godiva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I desperately clung onto the last bastions of women's pants with pockets, especially jeans that were made of jean and not spandex. When my hungry thighs finally wore their way through the last pair (years ago), I was forced to wander the stores like so many of my sisters.

The pockets thing is bullshit and I'm glad you know about it. Many men don't.

I like putting a hand in my pocket as a body language thing, like when you're at work and you don't want to stand awkwardly with your arms draped at your sides, or cross your arms (which gives the impression that you're not receptive). It seems so insignificant but these tiny posture things can really add up, especially when the man you're talking to doesn't want to take you seriously in the first place.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I desperately clung onto the last bastions of women's pants with pockets, especially jeans that were made of jean and not spandex. When my hungry thighs finally wore their way through the last pair (years ago), I was forced to wander the stores like so many of my sisters.

The pockets thing is bullshit and I'm glad you know about it. Many men don't.

I like putting a hand in my pocket as a body language thing, like when you're at work and you don't want to stand awkwardly with your arms draped at your sides, or cross your arms (which gives the impression that you're not receptive). It seems so insignificant but these tiny posture things can really add up, especially when the man you're talking to doesn't want to take you seriously in the first place.
This is why I end up in 4" heels, and often stand akimbo with my chin jutted. If I want to break eye contact, I do it by adjusting my glasses while quickly thinking as many aggressive thoughts as I can. When I reclaim eye contact, I know my face and body are projecting exactly what I need.