Female pants and the patriachy

I go to the men's department and buy clothes.

Why?

Because they're made from better quality fabric and the stitching is superior.
Because BOOBS makes shirts - T's and polos, look like crop tops. There's no length in the body if I need to tuck the fuckers in.
On trousers, jeans and shorts - builder's butt crack is BAD when you bend over wearing anything lower than medium rise.
Bedazzling!
Glitter.
Fucking puffy Paint!!
It's like the fucking princess sparkle fairy vomited over it.

No mother FUCKING POCKETS!!!

When I buy men's clothes and wear them they are no longer "men's clothes" - they become a woman's clothes and I look damned fabulous in them.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's hard to find women's pants with decent pockets, but they're out there.

I do carry a purse (it's actually a 'mini-backpack") but it's mostly because even pants with roomy pockets can't carry all the shit I always have with me. My wallet, my brush, my medication, my lotion (psoriasis)... I have a lot of shit to carry day to day. Pockets don't cut it.

I love my lil backpack too, it's got cannabis leaves all over it. So it's functional, and suits me oh so well.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X

Not buying it. If that were true men's clothes wouldn't have pockets. Men's wear designers would be as concerned for the worn appearance of their designs.

Fake Pockets = Conspiracy of The Man :cool:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why do a lot or women pants have fake pockets? Do women not need pockets because they have purses or is it something more devious and vile?
If they women have out grown the use of pockets then why make fake ones?

I have personally been bitching about a lack of pockets on women's clothing for the last six years. It's my personal opinion that men fear what women might secret away if they had pockets. Pockets are power.

If men really thought about it, it's the purse they should fear. Not only does it hold more shit, it can be improvised into a weapon with almost no skill at all.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You want proof about a lack of pockets being a conspiracy? When women find clothes that have pockets that is the first thing she will tell you about her new item.

Me: those are really nice jeans. Doing good things for your butt.

Friend: pockets!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My aunt used to humour me and take me to the menswear shop for my clothes when I was a kid too, so it wasn't about my comfort level. Rural Wales is a place apart is all I can say.

I'm from the Dirty South. It's not too far removed from Rural Wales, I'm guessing. Christian, Conservative Control Freaks.

The cities are more open-minded. During my OshKoshBeGosh years, cross-dressing was cute. A tomboy phase I would outgrow eventually. Pubescent fashion was an adolescent rebellion, I would out frow eventually. Grown-ass me rocking a custom suit is fucking fabulous, I can't give figs, fucks or a bag of dicks to grow out of it.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks. Other than "that is a damn fine suit on that queer" Cuz it is. I am.

It's annoying as fuck how she has that tiny purse with that gigantic fuckin hat.

Just my opinion :innocent:

The hat my freckled heart covets

The little purse is hurting my actual soul.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have you seen ‘Say Yes to the Dress’? Wedding dresses with pockets get everyone excited! Brides have shit to carry, too, you know.

On occasion, I've worn men's jeans... the bottom of the pockets hit at the widest part of my thighs. Using the pockets = adding extra bulk at the largest point which is not flattering or comfortable. I think the difference in thigh shape is the driver on this one.

I have a few pairs of ladies trousers that have back pockets that are less than 1". Seriously? Why bother??? If it were a cost thing, you'd think that omitting altogether would be even cheaper.

Reactions: 950483 and find83

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear men's cargo shorts sometimes on the job site. I need a shitload of pockets.

I hate hate hate fake pockets. Do they want me to keep my fingernails warm or something? Ridiculous.

Reactions: LaFemme and find83

@Tight_N_Juicy @MickeyLee @EllieP

So what happens if you ever buy men's trousers in a shop, and try them on? I haven't worn men's trousers for years now, but I remember a few incidents where shop assistants tried explaining to me that they were men's trousers, for men to wear, and not ladies, and that ladies couldn't wear men's trousers. One occasion was quite amusing, and two shop assistants looked like their heads were going to implode. They begrudgingly sold me the trousers, and told me that I could keep the receipt and return them. I assured them that that would not be necessary, and that is why I had tried them on. Seeing people get so flustered is hilarious.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
6f4ef72363b07438dd039b8679b42602.jpg

Chief Brody: You're gonna need a bigger purse

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Another thing: phones fit in men's trouser pockets, but not in women's trouser pockets.

My phone, a 5c (Apple) fits in my back trouser pockets....because that’s part of the selection process.
Well, 80 percent is in, and it holds.

At work, I’m not “supposed” to have my phone, but that’s where the schedule and interface to check my clients out lives, plus my legally required patient treatment notes app. So, my phone is with me.
Having it fit securely in a back pocket is the second most important thing for selecting uniform trousers.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@Tight_N_Juicy @MickeyLee @EllieP

So what happens if you ever buy men's trousers in a shop, and try them on? I haven't worn men's trousers for years now, but I remember a few incidents where shop assistants tried explaining to me that they were men's trousers, for men to wear, and not ladies, and that ladies couldn't wear men's trousers. One occasion was quite amusing, and two shop assistants looked like their heads were going to implode. They begrudgingly sold me the trousers, and told me that I could keep the receipt and return them. I assured them that that would not be necessary, and that is why I had tried them on. Seeing people get so flustered is hilarious.

You should see the raised eyebrows when I shop in the teen boys department!

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've worked in the clothing and fashion industry, I'm a trained dress maker.
Usually fake pockets are used simply because the designer wanted the aesthetic of pockets but doesn't want the wearer to put anything in them and spoil the line of the design. That's all, simply to stop you making a great design look bad! X