Finn Wolfhard *new And Improved*

I wonder if he would be a supportive friend to his friend that just came out

I mean he's a liberal gen z in Hollywood of course he'd be supportive.

The more interesting question is, are they friends! So many costars absolutely hate each other in big shows. That's the tea I wanna read about who hates who on stranger things! I bet the gorgon demon is a right diva back stage!

Reactions: Jkon12 and dkn0681
I wonder if he would be a supportive friend to his friend that just came out
Finn has built a career out of playing ambiguous characters in many of his projects and he commented on his friend’s tiktok with two yellow hearts so yeah, I think he’s supportive to him and would be to anyone for that matter

Finn has always struck me as kind of the odd man out among the ST cast, in that you never really see him hanging with the others from his age group outside of the show. And it's not necessarily that he doesn't like them or anything, he just doesn't have much in common with them. He's just a goofy, kind of introverted Canadian skater boy who plays guitar. He seems closer as a whole to the IT cast than to the ST cast, most of all JDG, who, it just so happens, is also a skater who plays guitar.

Finn has always struck me as kind of the odd man out among the ST cast, in that you never really see him hanging with the others from his age group outside of the show. And it's not necessarily that he doesn't like them or anything, he just doesn't have much in common with them. He's just a goofy, kind of introverted Canadian skater boy who plays guitar. He seems closer as a whole to the IT cast than to the ST cast, most of all JDG, who, it just so happens, is also a skater who plays guitar.
Just seems like his personality, we hardly ever see him anywhere let alone with any of his cast members unless there's like an event or a premiere happening. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Yeah. I think the ST cast are too "mainstream" in their tastes/interests/sense of humor for him to be quite on the same wavelength with them (though they still seem to be friends) - the IT cast are quirkier/more "indie", so more similar to him.

I think Finn is talented but frankly I think he's been coasting on vibes in his performances for awhile now both on and off the show. Noah Schnapp, MBB, Sadie Sink and others have put on a clinic among the younger cast in recent seasons and Finn seems to just sort of be there being Finn Wolfhard in boldface type a lot of the time. He gets big emotional moments at the climax of their storylines occasionally, but I don't think he's been pushed or stretched himself in awhile. I think a lot of the movie roles he takes on also aren't challenging him much. I haven't seen the new film from Jesse Eisenberg he did with Julianne Moore, so I hope he'll surprise me there (and in S5 of ST).

Yeah. I think the ST cast are too "mainstream" in their tastes/interests/sense of humor for him to be quite on the same wavelength with them (though they still seem to be friends) - the IT cast are quirkier/more "indie", so more similar to him.
I wouldn't even say that necessarily, I really do think it's largely down to shared life experience and hobbies. Think about it. Of the six younger ST main cast members, three of them are Broadway babies, and those three coincidentally are often seen together outside the show. Two of them are a full two years younger than the rest of the main cast, and became BFFs with each other because of that. Which really does just leave Finn as, quite literally, the odd man out.

Reactions: Empirerec and Zi19