Getting back my abs

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OK people, it's real simple: have been in the process of losing an extra and pesky thirty pounds and so far have lost fifteen of the total. My question for you fitness nuts and body builders, etc is this: what would be the most effective way to regain the six pack I had lost years ago? What does it entail? I'm not looking for a back breaking routine to gain my abs in record time. I'm simply looking for a routine that can and will help me get back the six pack at a moderate pace with a moderate amount of exercise and healthy eating (which is the way I eat already). So let me know! All your suggestions, help, hints and answers are much appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: notN2pussy

NJ Beefcake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Im in same process I put on about 20 pounds. The plus side is I am an active boxer so its dropping quickly. As far as stomach development switching it up is the best plan of action so your body doesnt become used to routine. Start with four different ab exercises and do 4 sets of 30. Then switch after a week or two. Also incorporating medicene balls will help wth resistance,

Reactions: Gj816

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Im in same process I put on about 20 pounds. The plus side is I am an active boxer so its dropping quickly. As far as stomach development switching it up is the best plan of action so your body doesnt become used to routine. Start with four different ab exercises and do 4 sets of 30. Then switch after a week or two. Also incorporating medicene balls will help wth resistance,
Gotcha, actually I WAS doing standard crunches, standard sit ups, reverse crunches and another exercise I can't remember the name of and I was doing about thirty set reps. Good to know I was on the right path. Ty!

NJ Beefcake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Gotcha, actually I WAS doing standard crunches, standard sit ups, reverse crunches and another exercise I can't remember the name of and I was doing about thirty set reps. Good to know I was on the right path. Ty!

Now i mean do 4 DIFFERENT Ab exercises 4 sets of 30 each so 4 sets of 30 reg sit ups then reverses etc etc

Varsity Adam

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Crunches are just OK when you have already developed abs. BUT they are not that useful! AND the military just banned them from their regime because they actually can do harm to your body overall. You need to HIIT and 60-80% of your diet needs to be lean protein. Depends on your BMI what you need to hit gram wise a day. Diet is the key here. Coupled with the right routine. If you are serious you will avoid empty carbs as well.

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Crunches are just OK when you have already developed abs. BUT they are not that useful! AND the military just banned them from their regime because they actually can do harm to your body overall. You need to HIIT and 60-80% of your diet needs to be lean protein. Depends on your BMI what you need to hit gram wise a day. Diet is the key here. Coupled with the right routine. If you are serious you will avoid empty carbs as well.
What exactly is HIIT? And by lean proteins you mean things such as chicken, nuts, etc?

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Your six pack already exists under the layer of subcutaneous fat which hides them. In my experience it's less about ab exercises as it is about body fat percentage. The more cardio I do the more I shrink that fat and gain definition.

Still, they need to be worked. At 3 seconds per crunch I do 100 in five minutes. Doesn't take long.

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
High Intensity Interval Training. Crossfit (be careful though) etc. Or just tread, row, weights. Nuts are not that great actually. But yes chicken, turkey breast, eggs.
Ok then, sounds like a well thought out plan. Ty for your input and insight, I'll put it to good use.

Reactions: Varsity Adam

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Your six pack already exists under the layer of subcutaneous fat which hides them. In my experience it's less about ab exercises as it is about body fat percentage. The more cardio I do the more I shrink that fat and gain definition.

Still, they need to be worked. At 3 seconds per crunch I do 100 in five minutes. Doesn't take long.
Yeah I realize my six pack never went away I can feel it beneath the fat layer you spoke of-thankfully that fat layer isn't very thick so I won't have to work at it as hard as someone who is heavier than myself, but still I'd like to reach that definition.

Brandon1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Cardio and switching routines will help you tons. High interval training is great. Jogging then sprinting for 30 seconds and so on. Boxing, kick boxing, bike riding etc.
Actually, I do an ass ton of cardio everyday. Plenty of walking, probably something like 3-5 miles/day

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually, I do an ass ton of cardio everyday. Plenty of walking, probably something like 3-5 miles/day

Is 3-5 miles walking the only cardio you do daily? It would not be enough for me to keep stand-out abs unless I starved myself.