Help Me Understand About Thick Builds?

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm about 30 lbs. overweight from my pictures here. Because of my build apparently I carry it fairly well. But I'm not feeling so well about myself and hopefully on the road to getting back in better shape diet and exercise, etc...

But my question is, why do you think so many gay guys are attracted to more beefy, thick guys? I'm personally more attracted to boyish to lean/athletic builds and thought most did. You know the classic male broad shoulders, ripped pecs and abs, type of body. Who knew?

Any ideas why?

Reactions: malakos

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably the same as why some women like the dad bod. That is, some people take comfort in dating someone whose physique reminds them of something familiar, loving and secure.

Some straight guys seem to be attracted to dating women that are like their mothers too so it's not exclusive to dad bods.

Some people's taste in cologne is often like this too.

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you can figure out why people like what they like you’ll make millions in the marketing world.
Just look at fashion over the decades; those pics from the 70’s and my hairstyle from the 80’s make me blush with embarrassment.
I’m short at 5’5”. When I was active online that fact alone could kill a chat. Trying to predict what people like and why is probably not worth the effort unless you’re in marketing.

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There isn't a lot of guys who like thick men. At least not enough to wonder about "so many". It's just a subsection of bear culture. Please don't take "thick" away from bears and chubs lol. 30lbs over the weight needed to show abs isn't thick. It's just an average male.

Muscle guys and Skinny/thin/fit guys are what gay men go for BY FAR. Sometimes thick guys "don't even exist" to most gay men.

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I was in my early 20s, I was attracted to pretty boys with fit lean bodies, think of swimmers or male model body type. But now that I am over 35, I like "thick" guys, what I like to call a built fat body type. I am attracted to tall-ish guys with a broad torso, fit body but soft at the same time, thick thighs, fat ass, strong jaw. Picture Chris Pratt, Henry Cavill, Winston Duke, Nick Jonas (who's not tall btw). I couldn't say why. Maybe because I associate that body type with rugged, manly men. It's just a preference.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've often wondered the same. I am attracted to guys that are beefy also. That isn't to say that I don't admire gym bodies and other body types but there is something about a plush fit man that has a little padding. I think for me it's my imagination of what I could imagine on top of me and how it would feel to have their warm fleshy body on top of mine.

D

deleted1074483

But now that I am over 35, I like "thick" guys, what I like to call a built fat body type. I am attracted to tall-ish guys with a broad torso, fit body but soft at the same time, thick thighs, fat ass, strong jaw. Picture Chris Pratt, Henry Cavill, Winston Duke, Nick Jonas (who's not tall btw).

I'd hardly call those guys 'thick' build as this op talk about, they are all pretty buff guys still

D

deleted1074483

30lbs over the weight needed to show abs isn't thick. It's just an average male.

sorry but 30lbs overweight is not 'average' that is overweight!! I don't care if a guy is overweight, but lets call it as it is?

D

deleted1074483

I'm about 30 lbs. overweight from my pictures here. Because of my build apparently I carry it fairly well. But I'm not feeling so well about myself and hopefully on the road to getting back in better shape diet and exercise, etc...

But my question is, why do you think so many gay guys are attracted to more beefy, thick guys? I'm personally more attracted to boyish to lean/athletic builds and thought most did. You know the classic male broad shoulders, ripped pecs and abs, type of body. Who knew?

Any ideas why?

hey man, you certainly don't look 30lb overweight at all and that's more than 'just carrying it well', you're in good shape.

If you're not feeling so good about yourself, then do something about it? but for yourself, not for others.

I'm a slim jim and if i'm only 5/6 lbs too heavy I feel bad, clothes don't fit so well, and I feel groggy - but its down to me - so I exercise and do what I can to eat healthily and keep trim. In the last year I've lost a stone/14lbs and feel so much better for it.

as for what guys like, go into any gay pub or look at people on the streets - you have young/old together, fit/fat together, 'ugly'/handsome together, etc etc, there is no secret as to what makes one guy attractive to us and another not, or vice versa, but general life shows that people go for all sorts of different types.

so be yourself and who you want to be and are comfortably being, and accept that some guys will love you, some won't, and you'll be fine

Reactions: Nexolaris

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
sorry but 30lbs overweight is not 'average' that is overweight!! I don't care if a guy is overweight, but lets call it as it is?
Reread my words. I didn't say 30lbs overweight. I said 30lbs over the weight to show abs. Just as you commented he didn't look overweight, I agree he looks average and not overweight. But he also would call himself thick. Thats my point. You say he looks in good shape, I agree and shouldn't call.himself thick or overweight because he is 30lbs over the weight of showing abs.

Reactions: Nexolaris

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Any ideas why?
Why do you think so many guys are attracted to twinky men who are lean and athletic looking? It’s preference. You can’t choose it but you thinking it’s a problem is a problem.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do you think so many guys are attracted to twinky men who are lean and athletic looking? It’s preference. You can’t choose it but you thinking it’s a problem is a problem.
I didn't say it was a problem....just a curiosity...

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm about 30 lbs. overweight from my pictures here.

Do you mean that you estimate your physique in your posted photos is about 30 lbs. overweight?

Or do you mean that you estimate you're about 30 lbs. over what you were in the photos?

But my question is, why do you think so many gay guys are attracted to more beefy, thick guys?

I'm personally more attracted to boyish to lean/athletic builds and thought most did. You know the classic male broad shoulders, ripped pecs and abs, type of body.

Yeah. I do think that is more common. I doubt that you are encountering many guys who like your sort of physique because it's the most common preference. Just perusing the gay photo compilation threads here suggests to me that "fit" guys are still the most common preference.

More likely you're luckily encountering a subset of men who are more "suited" for you, so to speak. That may be because they're seeking out that type. What it does suggest is that it's not a negligible minority that appreciates meaty guys, but a considerable one.

Any ideas why?

I'm sure there's no generalizable explanation. I might be able to say something for myself. I do find myself appreciating chunkiness on guys often, albeit it's not a predominating preference. I think it has something to do with their looking and feeling more solid, and more substantial. For me it's more comfortable cuddling with / resting my head on a guy of this body type. Also, sexually speaking I've found there's a powerfulness in it, assuming the guy is healthy (not sedentary).

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you mean that you estimate your physique in your posted photos is about 30 lbs. overweight?

Or do you mean that you estimate you're about 30 lbs. over what you were in the photos?

Yeah. I do think that is more common. I doubt that you are encountering many guys who like your sort of physique because it's the most common preference. Just perusing the gay photo compilation threads here suggests to me that "fit" guys are still the most common preference.

More likely you're luckily encountering a subset of men who are more "suited" for you, so to speak. That may be because they're seeking out that type. What it does suggest is that it's not a negligible minority that appreciates meaty guys, but a considerable one.

I'm sure there's no generalizable explanation. I might be able to say something for myself. I do find myself appreciating chunkiness on guys often, albeit it's not a predominating preference. I think it has something to do with their looking and feeling more solid, and more substantial. For me it's more comfortable cuddling with / resting my head on a guy of this body type. Also, sexually speaking I've found there's a powerfulness in it, assuming the guy is healthy (not sedentary).

Such a good response!

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Cakeking

Legendary Member
Media
Charlotte (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I was in my early 20s, I was attracted to pretty boys with fit lean bodies, think of swimmers or male model body type. But now that I am over 35, I like "thick" guys, what I like to call a built fat body type. I am attracted to tall-ish guys with a broad torso, fit body but soft at the same time, thick thighs, fat ass, strong jaw. Picture Chris Pratt, Henry Cavill, Winston Duke, Nick Jonas (who's not tall btw). I couldn't say why. Maybe because I associate that body type with rugged, manly men. It's just a preference.
U and I r similar in tastes.
I'm so much into muscular built men.
It's just something bout them that's so...manly.
I can't explain it lol

Reactions: JayPR