Jacob elordi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A description of the jockstrap scene.
Do not read if you don’t want spoilers.

“In an attempt to dodge the Vietnam draft and escape to Canada,
Elordi is seen reporting for an Army physical. He shows up in a jockstrap with “peace and love” written on the jock, surrounded by tiny flowers. He jitters and shakes and waves his arms flamboyantly. In character, Elordi is attempting to look as unstable (and, frankly, homosexual) as possible to avoid enlisting into military service”

- Source Variety

A description of the jockstrap scene.
Do not read if you don’t want spoilers.

“In an attempt to dodge the Vietnam draft and escape to Canada,
Elordi is seen reporting for an Army physical. He shows up in a jockstrap with “peace and love” written on the jock, surrounded by tiny flowers. He jitters and shakes and waves his arms flamboyantly. In character, Elordi is attempting to look as unstable (and, frankly, homosexual) as possible to avoid enlisting into military service”

- Source Variety
Yep, that's what I heard some months ago from an old friend.

I don’t know if it’s something that’s in the source material novel, but the fact that he’s playing the younger version of Richard Getre, it might be a callback or wink and nod to Gere in his younger actor days. In Looking for Mr. Goodbar he played one of the men Diane Keaton picks up and fucks form the singles bar. He menaces her with a knife and dances around and excercises in her apartment wearing a jockstrap.

I don’t remember if it’s his character who she suggests might be Gay, or if it’s the guy, actor Tom Berenger, who ends up murdering her. Gere’s character is somewhat a red herring.

Of courser the movie the director made with Gere in his earliest days is American Giglio, where he went full frontal, so that would have been a true callback for actor and director to have had Elordi be full frontal, rather than referencing a different early Gere movie with the jockstrap.

IMG_4011.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.