Apparently he was diagnosed with Cogan syndrome
I’ve been reading up on some journal articles about Cogan’s and hearing loss will almost be a certain outcome, especially presented with inflammatory eye issues. Hearing loss could occur within 2-5 years. And all of the journals recommend staying away from aggressive medications and a treatment to stabilize and save the hearing loss. I feel bad for the guy.

Reactions: zogni
I’ve been reading up on some journal articles about Cogan’s and hearing loss will almost be a certain outcome, especially presented with inflammatory eye issues. Hearing loss could occur within 2-5 years. And all of the journals recommend staying away from aggressive medications and a treatment to stabilize and save the hearing loss. I feel bad for the guy.
Jason is young so he got that advantage I guess he’s gonna have to take medication for the rest of his life though

Reactions: skywalker.
What journal is that? Facebook? There’s no way you treat an eye disease with natural methods

Reactions: Angus.cookies
What journal is that? Facebook? There’s no way you treat an eye disease with natural methods
The last journal in my search history was from ACTA Otorhinolaryngologica Italica - Official Journal of the Italian Society of Otorhinolaryngology. And it’s not an eye disease, it’s an autoimmune disorder. The point is that they recommend staying away from aggressive medications to save or stabilize the hearing loss, because it pretty much won’t work. Rapid and progress hearing loss is almost a certainty. The treatments available for Cogan’s are meant to help manage the life-long symptoms associated with autoimmune disorders. There’s no treatment to save or cure, it’s all about symptom management.

Jason is young so he got that advantage I guess he’s gonna have to take medication for the rest of his life though
According to the limited research about it, it says the Cogan’s afflicts young white adults, so not too sure his age will play a factor but it could. Cogan’s is apparently fairly rare so it’s been quoted to need a lot more research.

The last journal in my search history was from ACTA Otorhinolaryngologica Italica - Official Journal of the Italian Society of Otorhinolaryngology. And it’s not an eye disease, it’s an autoimmune disorder. The point is that they recommend staying away from aggressive medications to save or stabilize the hearing loss, because it pretty much won’t work. Rapid and progress hearing loss is almost a certainty. The treatments available for Cogan’s are meant to help manage the life-long symptoms associated with autoimmune disorders. There’s no treatment to save or cure, it’s all about symptom management.
1. Yes it is a disease
2. Yes they recommend steroids to help with the disease and a hearing aid to supplement the hearing loss. In no way are they endorsing you don’t take any meds.
3. That article is 11 years old

Reactions: PaulDe3