Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me head on over to the Jonathan Bailey (Brighton) thread and be messy by saying “The issue would be they cast a gay actor as the good-looking, sporty love interest instead of authentic heterosexual actor. Why is this acceptable in this instance but not with a trans character?”
I think authentic queer representation matters, don't you?

Reactions: Perci1978
The character is bisexual. We don't know if it is authentic or not because he won't say.
Well then at least keep your complains to yourself until you know for sure that he's straight. Then and maybe then you could have a point... but right now this discussion is rather pointless.

Reactions: bigboaster
Well then at least keep your complains to yourself until you know for sure that he's straight. Then and maybe then you could have a point... but right now this discussion is rather pointless.
I'm discussing the issues around casting straight actors in LGBTQ roles.

You're not making an assumption babes, you are arguing why straight actors are cast into gay roles.

Are you reading what you're posting?
He might be straight, but he won't say, which means the issues raised are valid.

Let me just stare at my beaut brit, he is looking extra delish lately woof!

SmartSelect_20220622-093948_Instagram.jpg

In a recent Tweet, the actor also felt he needed to address the fans who have speculated about his sexuality online. On one hand, Connor says he has empathy for those who want to know. “I completely understand the idea that they want authentic queer representation, and therefore ideally would like to know the sexuality of who’s playing the role,” he explains. “I completely agree that authenticity is something that should be strived for.”

On the other hand, though, boundaries are rarely respected online. “People can get a bit too comfortable on social media,” he says. “To speculate about a person’s sexuality is so dangerous, especially for someone at my age of 18, it’s a bit strange for me to see. If I haven’t said anything, you shouldn’t assume anything, but you also shouldn’t pressure me to tell people. It’s a very personal journey that people have to go on.” - Kit Connor

we can now drop this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.