Loss of libido .... what does the future look like ... starting regime to come off PTSD/anxiety meds ..

CircumcisedCock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been on various anxiety/PTSD/depression meds for about the last 7 years. My libido has all but gone. I can still relieve myself probably 4-5 times a week but I used to have sex with my partner probably 1-3 times a day and still probably knock out 1 or 2 on top of that in a day - so average 2-6 times a day I would orgasm. I also constantly thought about sex and eroticism and everything turned me on.
Over the last 7 or so years I've been on meds and this has led to a steady decline in my libido, pretty much to, as I said earlier, masturbating 4 or 5 times a week, just to keep the pipes clean as such.

I am now starting on a regimen to get off the meds due to circumstance and medical review and guidance. The medical experts have agreed and believe I am not requiring them anymore. All great and and I am in complete agreement. I am following all medical protocols so don't worry or advise on this.

My concern.....
Does anyone have experience or know if my sex drive will return? Obviously I will manage if it doesn't as I coping now... but I really do hope I get that horny spark back that previously filled my head... maybe not as much because my world is different.... but at least enoug to start enjoying sexual intimacy with my partner....

I've just turned 51 but physically I'm fit as a lop... but I do realise I'm not a young 'un anymore..

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
31, been taking sleeping pills for a while (also helped with depression and anxiety too) mine wasn't completely gone but I had a really hard time maintaining erections, however I was a little bit too willing to have lots of casual hookups (which is something I was always too scared to do) so, ever since I reduced the quantity of them I've been as horny as before (masturbating multiple times a day) but also I have no interest in hookups anymore, so I guess you can't have everything.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm presuming that you have discussed this with a medical professional, and while the other meds are doing their job haven't they come up (excuse the pun) with a solution?

At your young age is it just a question of the mind wanting what the body can't cope with - you wanting to have sex but the body not able?

The biggest thing is not to overthink your problem, little blue pills can help, but worrying before sex that you might not be able to complete,
So just have sex, you still have two hands that can please and mouth that's wet and I'm positive you can still give pleasure even if you don't orgasm.
I'm a lot older than you and at your age I did suffer with libido loss but finally gave in to adapting and hey presto back it came.

WhiteG0DeadeR

Expert Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been on various anxiety/PTSD/depression meds for about the last 7 years. My libido has all but gone. I can still relieve myself probably 4-5 times a week but I used to have sex with my partner probably 1-3 times a day and still probably knock out 1 or 2 on top of that in a day - so average 2-6 times a day I would orgasm. I also constantly thought about sex and eroticism and everything turned me on.
Over the last 7 or so years I've been on meds and this has led to a steady decline in my libido, pretty much to, as I said earlier, masturbating 4 or 5 times a week, just to keep the pipes clean as such.

I am now starting on a regimen to get off the meds due to circumstance and medical review and guidance. The medical experts have agreed and believe I am not requiring them anymore. All great and and I am in complete agreement. I am following all medical protocols so don't worry or advise on this.

My concern.....
Does anyone have experience or know if my sex drive will return? Obviously I will manage if it doesn't as I coping now... but I really do hope I get that horny spark back that previously filled my head... maybe not as much because my world is different.... but at least enoug to start enjoying sexual intimacy with my partner....

I've just turned 51 but physically I'm fit as a lop... but I do realise I'm not a young 'un anymore..
Highly doubt its really the meds. You are 51, everything has started to go by that age

Lakeshore

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Last summer, after a painful penile implant surgery, and terrible recovery, I lost all interest in sex. After I fully healed and the pain was gone, I noticed my sex drive was mostly gone. I never even wanted to mess with it, didn't even self-pleasure myself. It was crazy.
I told my doctor about it and he ordered blood work to see where my numbers were. He had been doing yearly physicals, with blood work, and noticed my testosterone had fallen and was now extremely low. And he ordered many blood chemistries to be checked. I go next week for a procedure to put a small tablet in the right cheek of my buttocks. The doctor told me that my sex drive would come back. I hope he's right.