Middle-aged women, menapause and moisture

Hassall

Sexy Member
Media
Eugene, Oregon, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know how many women are still on here. I'm in need of some personal experience and wisdom here. I'm 53, and it's been an embarrassing long time since I've been out there dating. I'm really only interested in women in my age group. This means they will pre or in menapause or post. I was confronted with this summer of 2021 when I started seeing a friend as I. Going on dates spending time with her. We also hosted a few dinners with mutual friends you know everything but getting intimate. She had been pretty abused by her late husband and other men did t treat her well either. So getting intimate didn't quite jive tho it's not like we did t discuss it

First she was surprised I wasn't fixed, so that was an issue and she was also talking about how condoms and artificial lubrication didn't jive with her well. Apparently she started needing g it I bet 30s she had an early menapause. This is where I started to get confused. I knew that so e women needed artificial lubrication with menapause but she seemed convinced that that was normal. Now of course women will have more knowledge about this.

That said my personal experience had been different to this. When I was 19 I had a woman in her late 40s I regularly slept with who was always wet and she was post menapause. In my mid twenties between 1st &2nd marriages I had slept with a couple women over 50 and same thing, they never seed to have that issue too. So googling is all over the place where women of all ages have a moisture problem. I

I just want to know if this vaginal dryness is more common in women of my age group. I can't get actually answer through searches or the hours of reading g I've done in the medical pages from Google. I really don't want to go asking the various women I know about this.

Like I said, I've been out of the game here for years as I dealt with serious injuries and recovery from surgeries over the past 8 yeats

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Post menopausal dryness isn’t uncommon - in fact it’s kind of expected. Estrogen production stops, and the vaginal walls thin as a result. I call it old lady vajajay. Lol! I went through menopause in my 40s - my last period was when I was 46, so I am familiar with the process.

Some women can experience daily dryness during perimenopause as estrogen prodI didn’t go through that. And I didn’t need lube for sexual activity. However, after menopause, daily dryness has been an issue. My doctor recommended a product to use daily. It’s a non-hormonal method to restore natural lubrication. I quit using it as I’m not experiencing any discomfort and I am abstinent. If I ever resumed having sex, I’d certainly go back to daily Replens and a good lube for sex.

The product my doctor suggested has a good article on this: How to Increase Vaginal Moisture