#nakedchallenge

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok so full disclosure, if you or your mate were born prior to the mid 80s i fully understand this may not apply to you in the least.
So one of the latest social media trends was the #nakedchallenge where overwhelmingly women would present themselves naked to their occupied male significant others/spouses, typically to an immediate reaction of said male removing said distraction so that he may be intimate with the woman.
The running theme however has been video games...Ive yet to see a naked challenge in which a naked woman de-towels in front of her man lost in a book, not even one where he comes out from underneath a car hes working on...its always the video games.
Why do you think that is; is there some particular aspect of attention or joy that a video game provides that is a threat to her attentions? Ive seen men utilize sooo much time on extraneous or hobby related things but the only one that seems to generate real complaint, or in the case of the challenge, competitive action, is video games.
Any thoughts?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Maybe the "Gamer Guy" archetype hits home for folks 18-30, resulting in more traffic to those clips? Algorithms, yo.

It's also a very clear narrative in a very short clip. Dude playing games. Woman gets nekkid. Games? What are these game you speak of? Haha.

Dude, I don't know if ya issues with women stem from something a woman did to you or the fact that I can't imagine a woman wanting anything to do with you.

Therapy. Seek it out. ASAP.

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've dealt with this before with an ex. And I have a couple of other friends who have dealt with it too. When we resort to this, it's because there's a long history of the men choosing video games over doing ANYTHING with us. Gaming addiction is real and it destroys relationship intimacy.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've dealt with this before with an ex. And I have a couple of other friends who have dealt with it too. When we resort to this, it's because there's a long history of the men choosing video games over doing ANYTHING with us. Gaming addiction is real and it destroys relationship intimacy.

The OP is talking TikTok clips. The videos are funny, incredibly wholesome considering they are about nekkid people, and meant all in good fun. The look on the guys faces, totally getting the best present on XMas morning.

Some of my favorites are gender flip versions and the comedy riffs. If I can find it, one guy rolls in on his family and his Dad/Uncle's reaction had me howling.

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The OP is talking TikTok clips. The videos are funny, incredibly wholesome considering they are about nekkid people, and meant all in good fun. The look on the guys faces, totally getting the best present on XMas morning.

Some of my favorites are gender flip versions and the comedy riffs. If I can find it, one guy rolls in on his family and his Dad/Uncle's reaction had me howling.
Oh yeah! I definitely know that haha. He also seemed a bit confused about why this only happens with video games, so I had to step in with an example :joy:

Erm, cause I think the challenge is mostly meme/joke.

Dealt with one ex who was a shit 'bout their video game habit, but that was literally one out of tons an tons o nerds I either got naked with or had a relationship with. Together time, co-op time, individual time all had a healthy balance.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When we resort to this, it's because there's a long history of the men choosing video games over doing ANYTHING with us.
Men have a long history of choosing (engrossing indoor habit or hobby )over interactions with their women, period..Im just trying to figure out what it is about video games that strikes a particular chord in the time they consume.

Reactions: lapdog2001

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, I don't know if ya issues with women stem from something a woman did to you or the fact that I can't imagine a woman wanting anything to do with you.

Therapy. Seek it out. ASAP.
I actually dont understand where this stems from. I personally dont have this issue as I dont play an excessive amount of video games, nor does my wife get butthurt about the times I do, she simply pulls oug her smartphone and we'll intermittently conversate between bings, gunshots, anf tire screeches.
I brought this up because prior to the TikTok thing it's a common complaint of women about their men that doesnt seem to jive with the plethora of time consuming activities men are prone to.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My guy and I don’t dwell together, but I have sprung nakedness on him.
There is something about the unexpectedness that leads to that xmas morning look.
I have to wait until his attention shifts to a task.

My guess is dudes tend to waste a LOT of time on gaming. Therefore their attention is focused there, on the game and their partners feel they’re secondary. So you break out boobies.

My housemate, early to mid 20s, seems to be online playing, talking to people, for hours and hours at a stretch. Just about all the time he’s here. I have the feeling it is his social life.
(In contrast, my son, a few years older than housemate, tends to game sporadically, and for around a three hour stretch. But a contemporary of his is always on the gaming set when home, and his gf lives with him)

My exhusband loved to try and pull my attention from a book by sexual means. It became a game, where I’d struggle to keep attention where it was while he did things. It did ruin concentration, and I usually was in good humor about it.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I didn't even know this was a thing tbh, I've personally never seen such a viral clip or whatever it is.
All I can add is that myself and my husband are often naked and it comes as no surprise to see each other such, if these clips are like anything else internet related like pranks and stuff I'd say they're most likely staged to get likes, that's how it sounds to me anyway.

Reactions: lapdog2001

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Men have a long history of choosing (engrossing indoor habit or hobby )over interactions with their women, period..Im just trying to figure out what it is about video games that strikes a particular chord in the time they consume.
My example based on my own experience was pretty clear lol. Resorting to getting naked to pull their attention away from the video games because they literally would choose video games over everything. I suppose I should've included the part where getting naked to pull their attention away from it doesn't actually work in real life *shrug*. A friend had to kick her boyfriend at the time out of their house because he wouldn't stop. Even then, he still wouldn't stop playing just to shower until weeks later. Which I know because he moved in with my boyfriend and me at the time : unamused:.

I have other friends who had to dump their boyfriends because they were fed up with the gaming after years of having to put up with it. My 21st birthday party was ruined because the guys barged in with their laptops and insisted that they HAD to spend the whole night on a WoW raid, and I'm sure I don't have to mention that my boyfriend at the time chose the WoW raid over my birthday.

OK. Sorry. Rant over lol. The whole topic of guys and gaming addiction gets me heated. I've seen it devastate too many friends, and I wasted two years of my life putting up with it myself. It left me fucked up for a long time after it was finally over.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My example based on my own experience was pretty clear lol. Resorting to getting naked to pull their attention away from the video games because they literally would choose video games over everything. I suppose I should've included the part where getting naked to pull their attention away from it doesn't actually work in real life *shrug*. A friend had to kick her boyfriend at the time out of their house because he wouldn't stop. Even then, he still wouldn't stop playing just to shower until weeks later. Which I know because he moved in with my boyfriend and me at the time : unamused:.

I have other friends who had to dump their boyfriends because they were fed up with the gaming after years of having to put up with it. My 21st birthday party was ruined because the guys barged in with their laptops and insisted that they HAD to spend the whole night on a WoW raid, and I'm sure I don't have to mention that my boyfriend at the time chose the WoW raid over my birthday.

OK. Sorry. Rant over lol. The whole topic of guys and gaming addiction gets me heated. I've seen it devastate too many friends, and I wasted two years of my life putting up with it myself. It left me fucked up for a long time after it was finally over.

Sorry to read the way your boyfriend treated you hunni choosing computer games over yourself, especially on your Birthday and such a significant one at that. Such arrogant behaviour isn't right at the best of times never mind a special occasion, I hope you've left the boy to play his silly game and found yourself a man who treats you properly hunni X

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Sorry to read the way your boyfriend treated you hunni choosing computer games over yourself, especially on your Birthday and such a significant one at that. Such arrogant behaviour isn't right at the best of times never mind a special occasion, I hope you've left the boy to play his silly game and found yourself a man who treats you properly hunni X
Thank you. We broke up way back in 2009. I have someone SO much better now :)

Am huge into video games myself. Very lil interest in dating anybody who is no into them to -some- degree, even if not as rabid as me. Partner n I happily play co-op plus single player/do own thing while in same room/almost in touching distance.

Some ppl are just shitty an will ignore/neglect someone for their hobby. Do no think is just or mostly video games.

Can get very lost in rabbit hole kinda thing myself with reading OR video games.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting the inferences made as a result of video games..In my experience when a girl/woman in a relationship pays excessively more attention to whatever activity then her man, the sentiment is that he is lacking in providing whatever is worthwhile to hold her attention.

I was just curious to hear what women would(or would be willing to)say when the narrative amongst many men is that of women having little to no tolerance with someone or something they didn't provide or facilitate sparking unadulterated joy in their men.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why does this make me think of Benny Hill? I loathe Benny Hill.

His cats seemed to enjoy him.

0ceff787-444a-49aa-85a0-8f29f529866c_text.gif