Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Doing my research rounds at Crunch and hit up Tribeca yesterday around 5pm.

Well, there's lots of guys there that want to hook-up, and the setup makes it easy. The showers are a viable option as they have opaque curtains and are deeply recessed so staff can't easily see if two people are in a stall. The steamroom is dark and as long as you're not directly in front of the door you should be good to go, however the sauna is a bright terrarium more or less and hooking up would be challenging.

All this said, the vibes were weird...lots of thirsty men with no one to light a match and get things going. Off to the midtown east crunch later today.

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Doing my research rounds at Crunch and hit up Tribeca yesterday around 5pm.

Well, there's lots of guys there that want to hook-up, and the setup makes it easy. The showers are a viable option as they have opaque curtains and are deeply recessed so staff can't easily see if two people are in a stall. The steamroom is dark and as long as you're not directly in front of the door you should be good to go, however the sauna is a bright terrarium more or less and hooking up would be challenging.

All this said, the vibes were weird...lots of thirsty men with no one to light a match and get things going. Off to the midtown east crunch later today.
Excellent report. If I lived in the city, your posts would make me switch gyms!

Reactions: Alextate817 and jp

justliving

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I honestly think there may have been something broken in that steam room and instead of repairing it they decided to make it into a sauna which will definitely cut down on cruising due to visibility. Look at Lexington TMPL: there is only a glass door in the sauna, pretty dark inside but still impossible to do anything discreetly.

The showers definitely needed some work because half of them were always down. The locker room is totally fine, they just need to change the lockers so that you don't need to carry a lock. Otherwise it's totally fine.

However I guarantee you people will start canceling because of this, since that steam room was full of people who I've NEVER seen on the gym floor. They were basically paying for a gay sauna experience. Once that's gone, it's def over for them.
you think if they convert it to a sauna, cruisings gonna go down? it honestly seems like everyone at TMPL knows the sauna/steamroom is gay friendly so why would anyone even care? although i haven't been a member that long..:/

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any info on EQX Sports Club? I’m moving to the UWS and wondering if I should keep my normal all access or switch to destination.

I went to Grand Central around 9:30 last week, and it was very fun. Hot guys, almost turned into a full on orgy. East 61st can be bad in the mornings. There’s an old frail looking man who is aggressive about getting involved, and it’s off putting. It’s better in the between 11:30 and 2.

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Yeah, the vibes have been super weird for the last 5-6 months. Feels like everyone is there just to hook up. I’ve had some hot experiences there (so many) but as you said, there are too many thirsty guys now. And some people may be into that, but I just can’t dig that vibe. So I’ve switched locations.

Kert983

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Any info on EQX Sports Club? I’m moving to the UWS and wondering if I should keep my normal all access or switch to destination.

I went to Grand Central around 9:30 last week, and it was very fun. Hot guys, almost turned into a full on orgy. East 61st can be bad in the mornings. There’s an old frail looking man who is aggressive about getting involved, and it’s off putting. It’s better in the between 11:30 and 2.
Hot, what types of guys? What happened? I’ve had good times at Rockefeller but haven’t tried Grand Central,

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hot, what types of guys? What happened? I’ve had good times at Rockefeller but haven’t tried Grand Central,
Tall, ripped tatted white guy. Shorter, buff black guy. A couple of Asians. And another white guy who looked like they cycle a lot.

I haven’t been to Rockefeller, but I’ve been to Bryant park which was good. What kinda guys at Rockefelller, and what’re the best times?

Kert983

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tall, ripped tatted white guy. Shorter, buff black guy. A couple of Asians. And another white guy who looked like they cycle a lot.

I haven’t been to Rockefeller, but I’ve been to Bryant park which was good. What kinda guys at Rockefelller, and what’re the best times?
What happened? Just jacking off?

I’ve had good luck in the evenings before closing at Rockefeller. I’ve seen all kinds - younger and slimmer, older and more athletic, also just some out of shape dudes. White and Asian. Seen folks jacking each other off and themselves.

Reactions: Alextate817

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What happened? Just jacking off?

I’ve had good luck in the evenings before closing at Rockefeller. I’ve seen all kinds - younger and slimmer, older and more athletic, also just some out of shape dudes. White and Asian. Seen folks jacking each other off and themselves.
Jerking, blowing, fingering.

Have you heard anything about Sports Club?

sotf2009

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

i used to go to sports club a lot but i never got the cruisy vibes there (unless I was going at the wrong times, 9-11pm lol)

surprised grand central would be that busy/fun - everytime i go i get the straight finance bro vibes from everyone so the steam room never seemed that cruisy.

SamAdams123

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i used to go to sports club a lot but i never got the cruisy vibes there (unless I was going at the wrong times, 9-11pm lol)

surprised grand central would be that busy/fun - everytime i go i get the straight finance bro vibes from everyone so the steam room never seemed that cruisy.

That's prime cruise hours. Maybe they stopped when you walked in lol.

I will say I always mess around in the saunas and steam rooms after a nice workout, but the way you guys talk you definitely turned this into an artform lmao :joy::joy::joy:.

81keelg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Okay, so I’ve been to 83rd street once and the location is extremely tiny. They do have a sauna but I don’t think it’s cruisy. I didn’t want to risk it and get caught so I just never returned. You have to go to the one at 81st street. They just have a steam room and it’s so much better. I like going to 34th street when it’s really busy. #memories
is 83rd actually cruisey? It's close to my job but it being on the UES makes me question it. The area is so... uptight.

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Depends on the time of day. Usually during off peak hours. Lunch time, after work, and before work are usually bad for cruising.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
(since I'm doing reviews now :rolleyes:) Went to the east 34th st Crunch yesterday between 4 - 6pm. It's got a steam room and a sauna. The shower doors are nearly transparent so you're def not going in there with another person - there is one accessible shower with a curtain so that's an option if you want to go for it.

Sauna would be hard to hook up in because the door is clear and a line of sight view of the whole thing, but it would be easy to show off yours and see other guys dicks. The steamroom is where people would hookup as you can't see into it from the outside.

Seeing people get specific in the thread is helpful. I'd say the guys cruising looked like they had been there all day, not super fit, not hung, and that they'd do anything with anyone - thirsty with no regard mutual interest. At the same time they weren't horny enough to get their dicks out to get something going...so far the Crunch locations I've been to were kinda like this, but I think I've also had bad timing because i did see the same smoking hot guy at Tribeca come in as I was leaving, and leave 34th as I was entering.

I'll try the Chelsea or west 38th st ones next since they've gotten some praise here in the thread.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you think if they convert it to a sauna, cruisings gonna go down? it honestly seems like everyone at TMPL knows the sauna/steamroom is gay friendly so why would anyone even care? although i haven't been a member that long..:/
Nah, the dudes at TMPL are gonna hook up no matter what. Stuff goes down in the bathroom stalls and the last two rows of lockers steamroom or not.

RyeGuy92

Sexy Member
Media
looks like ive been using the wrong row of lockers then haha, thanks man
Ah Hah - You cracked the code! I don’t go there to cruise. I genuinely joined because I work across the street and needed a place to exercise and gussy up at before I go out. I knew it happened the locker room but I’m always at the front. That said the one time I had used a locker in the back, this guy made a primal move on me. It was incredibly hot but I didn’t understand the motivator that made him so confident until now.

justliving

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ah Hah - You cracked the code! I don’t go there to cruise. I genuinely joined because I work across the street and needed a place to exercise and gussy up at before I go out. I knew it happened the locker room but I’m always at the front. That said the one time I had used a locker in the back, this guy made a primal move on me. It was incredibly hot but I didn’t understand the motivator that made him so confident until now.
what did he do? i need them to finish construction haha!