Photo of the day !!

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
maxresdefault.jpg

N

Nomadic

I enjoy sharing photographs from Pakistan. The West has a very skewed, politicised, and slandered perception of Pakistan. It is a troubled nation, under the grip of religious extremism and corrupt politicians. But it's still just a patch of land where people are trying to go about their lives, do their jobs, have families and live in peace.
Pakistan doesn't receive many international tourists. Local people are so excited to welcome visitors and share with them their country. The hospitality of Pakistanis is incomparable.
I wish the West knew Pakistan like I know Pakistan.
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
These shots were taken in the Shigar and Skardu valleys, and show the Katpana Desert. One of the world's highest deserts, sitting between the Himalaya and Karakoram mountain ranges. In winter, the desert sand dunes are covered in snow.
FB_IMG_1544437140286.jpg
FB_IMG_1544437124181.jpg
FB_IMG_1544437065260.jpg
FB_IMG_1544437053834.jpg

Nexolaris

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I enjoy sharing photographs from Pakistan. The West has a very skewed, politicised, and slandered perception of Pakistan. It is a troubled nation, under the grip of religious extremism and corrupt politicians. But it's still just a patch of land where people are trying to go about their lives, do their jobs, have families and live in peace.
Pakistan doesn't receive many international tourists. Local people are so excited to welcome visitors and share with them their country. The hospitality of Pakistanis is incomparable.
I wish the West knew Pakistan like I know Pakistan.
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
These shots were taken in the Shigar and Skardu valleys, and show the Katpana Desert. One of the world's highest deserts, sitting between the Himalaya and Karakoram mountain ranges. In winter, the desert sand dunes are covered in snow.
View attachment 1397344 View attachment 1397345 View attachment 1397346 View attachment 1397347
Great post, love your pics! :)

N

Nomadic

Before travelling to Pakistan, I used a Facebook group, populated mostly by domestic pakistani tourists, to get some advice and guidance. I had many offers of hospitality and help, should I need it.
One guy, called Waqas, PMd me and said he'd love to show us around Lahore. He didn't mention a cost for his services. Naturally, I was a little cautious, maybe even suspicious; but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I learned more about him through chatting, which was all verifiable, so I decided to take him up on his offer.

He met us at our hotel in Lahore after breakfast, and then gave us a whole day's tour of Lahore. We saw Lahore Fort, Badshahi Masjid, Waszir Khan Masjid, the ancient walled city, etc. He paid for all the visitor tickets and food, despite us insisting on us paying our share.

My husband and I maintained the story we were friends travelling together, but he kept asking suggestive questions; we knew what he was getting at...

This was the first day of our 2 week trip in Pakistan. We were due to spend one final night in Lahore before returning home. So, we agreed we'd meet up with Waqas for one final night before he drove us to the airport. And we'd get dinner!

That night, he took us to a food market near the Fort in the old walled city. Over food, in a break in conversation, he said, "guys, I'm going to bring this up and then drop it, but I just want to say, I know you guys are a couple, and it's totally cool with me. If you were staying longer, I'd introduce you to some of my gay friends".

I know some of you might be hoping this led to a sexual encounter, but no. He gave no indication of being interested, and he spoke very proudly of his wife and daughter.

We made other new friends while we were in Lahore; musicians I'd arranged to meet up with for a jam. They are all friends now, connected on Facebook. And though we've not spoken about it explicitly, its clear they know the score and are totally cool with it.

It seems many pakistani, educated youths are just as liberal, cosmopolitan and open-minded as youth in the west. This was a little eye opening for me, and very welcome.

Here's some shots I took at the night market on our last night with Waqas. FB_IMG_1544525802306.jpg
FB_IMG_1544525807283.jpg
FB_IMG_1544525818470.jpg
FB_IMG_1544525823244.jpg
FB_IMG_1544525811744.jpg