Shawn Mendes

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
Except it’s none of your fucking business. Who’s a gay, who’s a commie, who’s a Jew. A guy can come out if and when they choose. Do you want people coming for you when you’re not ready? Or to be something you’re not because they demand it? When are you going to settle down with a nice girl and have a couple kids together?

The note was a PR move. Posting something so vague but also self-pitying and salacious. Talking about how he can’t be himself and how he’s struggled with some stuff. Shawn is well too aware of all the “gay” chatter and jokes. He and his team knew how that note would be interpreted. It’s hardly accidental. Whether it was about just getting some quick online buzz or about creating some sympathy before he eventually “comes out”, the note is at least part performance.

Shawn could indeed be a “regular ‘straight’ dude” or he could be dealing with a variety of struggles: closet pressures, “coming out” pressure, trying to understand his sexual dimensions, trying to understand his gender dimensions, internalized phobias, masculine insecurities, dealing with fluidity and/or contradictions, mental health, drugs, trying to grasp where he is in the gender, sexual, affection, romantic, emotion, commitment spectrum. But either way, the note itself was very much a PR move. While everyone needs to move on until further “updates”.

Maybe the post on twitter was about his career and nothing to do with his sexuality. Maybe he's saying to his record label and fans. Hey! I don't want to play the teen idol popstar anymore. I've grown up and I've changed. Thats how I read it.

I mean, it doesn't really matter what it's about, it's just a little strange for pop star who has been plagued by rumors that he's secretly gay to post something that has the form and tone of a coming out letter. Seems like it might have been poorly thought out, from a strategic PR perspective anyway. And maybe that's part of the point, he's trying to be up front with his fans, using his own words to be honest about how he feels, which is nice, but I can just imagine his PR time freaking out as they read it, lol

I mean, it doesn't really matter what it's about, it's just a little strange for pop star who has been plagued by rumors that he's secretly gay to post something that has the form and tone of a coming out letter. Seems like it might have been poorly thought out, from a strategic PR perspective anyway. And maybe that's part of the point, he's trying to be up front with his fans, using his own words to be honest about how he feels, which is nice, but I can just imagine his PR time freaking out as they read it, lol
I doubt they freaked out. I actually streamed his music after reading it and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Except it’s none of your fucking business. Who’s a gay, who’s a commie, who’s a Jew. A guy can come out if and when they choose. Do you want people coming for you when you’re not ready? Or to be something you’re not because they demand it? When are you going to settle down with a nice girl and have a couple kids together?
what year is this again?

It's funny to think that, if you haven't blocked anyone, there's over 1000 pages of Shawn Mendes discussion if you include the last (locked, for good reason) thread.

It's gotten to the point where I just wish he was a banned topic on this forum tbh.
Like, he's hot, love the photos, but God it makes people toxic in so many different ways just discussing someone's sexuality.
Oh well, I've been here since Og thread, I'll be here till this thread gets closed, he comes out, or he gets married to a girl, the only 3 ways this discussion will end.

It's funny to think that, if you haven't blocked anyone, there's over 1000 pages of Shawn Mendes discussion if you include the last (locked, for good reason) thread.

It's gotten to the point where I just wish he was a banned topic on this forum tbh.
Like, he's hot, love the photos, but God it makes people toxic in so many different ways just discussing someone's sexuality.
Oh well, I've been here since Og thread, I'll be here till this thread gets closed, he comes out, or he gets married to a girl, the only 3 ways this discussion will end.
I’m here for nudes and butt appreciation that’s about it

Is it really necessary to have 14 pages of rage posting about his sexuality.

He's gay. Or he isn't.

Who the fk cares, you're just waiting to post your "I KNEW IT" and shame him for not coming out sooner when he does(n't) because he's either gay or he isn't.

WHO CARES? Are you going to be less attracted to him if he identifies a particular way? Then you're the problem.

Is it really necessary to have 14 pages of rage posting about his sexuality.

He's gay. Or he isn't.

Who the fk cares, you're just waiting to post your "I KNEW IT" and shame him for not coming out sooner when he does(n't) because he's either gay or he isn't.

WHO CARES? Are you going to be less attracted to him if he identifies a particular way? Then you're the problem.
i feel like a good chunk of those people who talk about his sexuality are waiting for a “told you so” moment because why should it be discussed daily and complaining that his note intent wasn’t him coming out.

Reactions: Matty12 and unstr8

Thank you! The amount of time and energy wasted on this forum with delusional people with nothing better to do, writing multiple paragraphs defending their absurd position, is frankly embarrassing to see. I also wish it were a banned topic on here. I'm trying to see any new hot pics of him, not have to scroll past walls of useless text lol

Reactions: remremz