The Vintage Film Star Thread

Probably mentioned already up-thread, the story of Novarro being choked to death on the dildo modeled after Valentino's cock was created by Kenneth Anger for his book Hollywood Babylon, who felt the need to add lurid "details" to an already horrific death. No one within Novarros's circle ever mentioned the object, it was never found among his estate and, most importantly, the coroner mentioned among contributable factors of Novarro's death to be choking on massive amounts of his own blood without any mention of blunt force trauma, etc to his throat. In short, a fabricated story which, over the time, became urban legend and accepted as "fact".

Hey, thank you for that information. Anger was clearly an unreliable authority. Makes me wonder how much else of that book was made up.

You don't have to imagine it, they did get together.

Both were bisexual and, as well as fucking each other, they used to have threesomes with Eartha Kitt.

That's quite a visual! And did Monty Clift stop by from time to time? They seemed pretty close in the home movie footage in Listen To Me Marlon.

Reactions: fellatio4ever
Hey, thank you for that information. Anger was clearly an unreliable authority. Makes me wonder how much else of that book was made up.

Karina Longworth does a Podcast called You Must Remember This and she did a season fact checking Hollywood Babylon. It's a mix, some details are true, some are completely made up and some even more lurid details that Anger would probably have known got left out. It's a good series if you like stories about old Hollywood.

Reactions: Mickey Finn
Brando, Dean and Clift certainly were united in their sexual behavior, although different in certain aspects. It was said Brando would fuck anything with a pulse - and sometimes even *that* wasn't a requirement. Dean could be a tease with women and men, but preferred the latter sexually, and sometimes indulged in kink and fetish. While Dean was flirtatious, Clift was the opposite and could present himself as cold and aloof and favored picking up straight trade. I have no doubt they got together as there were always whispers and gossip, just interesting to imagine the pairings and what might have happened.

Karina Longworth does a Podcast called You Must Remember This and she did a season fact checking Hollywood Babylon. It's a mix, some details are true, some are completely made up and some even more lurid details that Anger would probably have known got left out. It's a good series if you like stories about old Hollywood.

The operative word being "stories" and, as I tell anyone when it comes to Anger's books, they're fun reads but just take everything with a large grain of salt. He was trying to sell a collection of scandalous tales, not a definitive history of Hollywood.

Reactions: Player_01
always heard Dean would fuck anything that got him a job- Scotty Bowers makes him out to be the biggest male sexual opportunist in Hollywood history- and a total jackass to boot.

Reactions: brotherfrancis