TnJ's animal friends

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm pretty sure these are starlings. They're so cute and I love watching them flock. They sing and tease the other song birds... But the little shits also tease me dogs. Not gonna lie it's kinda cute
View attachment 121161161
You are correct with your id of the birds they are starlings. they are cute but they can be a pest and fight other small birds for nest boxes and natural cavities when they nest.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You are correct with your id of the birds they are starlings. they are cute but they can be a pest and fight other small birds for nest boxes and natural cavities when they nest.
Don't worry, the falcon chases (aka hunts) them so they don't stay on the property long. The ones who do end up regretting it :eyes:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It is to bad you don't have Eagles

The falcon runs them and the hawks away. He's tiny in comparison but he gives zero fucks. The ravens too, they team up to chase larger raptors. But the falcon and the ravens for whatever reason have a peace treaty.

Golden eagles are beautiful. The way the sun hits their feathers, it's clear why they named them Golden. They are like the fine jewelry of the sky.

With my binoculars I can see them flying near the mountain that faces our little city.

Media
The falcon runs them and the hawks away. He's tiny in comparison but he gives zero fucks. The ravens too, they team up to chase larger raptors. But the falcon and the ravens for whatever reason have a peace treaty.

Golden eagles are beautiful. The way the sun hits their feathers, it's clear why they named them Golden. They are like the fine jewelry of the sky.

With my binoculars I can see them flying near the mountain that faces our little city.
TNJ is really Snow White singing to her furry and feathered friends. You should hear her high notes!:D

1707085520583.png

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This morning whole I was letting the dogs out to potty my crane friends flew right over me, calling out to each other. They sound so cool, and they so pwitty
PXL_20240205_135631856.TS.mp4

I have a video of them in my field too. Gonna look for it now, they're so pwitty!!

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wife and I been hooked on this live cam from a local mountain area near LA. It's a pair of bald eagles taking turns keeping 3 eggs warm. Just had a big snow so they get a bit buried. Very cool!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I blew lil dudes mind, I held my phone playing this softly while slowly approaching him while he was looking for critters.
He looked at me didn't fly away, didn't call back to me... But I've started a process.
I'm befriending a falcon, damnit. And two ravens if possible.

I'm also planning a nest box somewhere between his hunting perches. I've been researching. Him and his lady friend have been dancing in the sky. They're too fast to capture. And maybe they deserve their privacy.

Don't be surprised if I wind up being a crazy Falcon lady in a year or two. Just surrounded by raptors

Last edited:

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm pretty sure these are starlings. They're so cute and I love watching them flock. They sing and tease the other song birds... But the little shits also tease me dogs. Not gonna lie it's kinda cute
View attachment 121161161
Nice bird, but introduced here, the same as the European sparrow. As a kid there was a price on the Starling and Sparrow heads of threepence. Caught, decapitated, heads placed in jars of spirit, taken to the local councils to receive the reward. I remember the jars to this day filled with heads Dad caught near the aviaries where he bred Gouldians...the photo, Australian finch, endangered now. They are still in the aviaries out the back here, 10 years after he passed away. Around 150 of the little buggers red, black and yellow heads, with the rare natural white breast also........

But yes, Starlings endanger and compete for the environment with these little fellas too. These are all males, the females have a lighter mauve breast.

Gouldian-finch1.jpg

I only think I feed and look after them because of the memory. Giving them away soon as time is an issue now, and travel to see family, arranging people to feed and care for them.

Their habitats, Starlings, Sparrows... to this day are destroyed as they are carriers of lice, nest in urban gutters etc, and inhibit the native species of birds. They are a lovely bird....in their natural environment, but are a danger as an introduced species....thanks to humans.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
So... Turns out I had it wrong this whole time. My falcon friend is actually the lady! I misread the first time I looked it up, male krestel falcons have blue/grey colorings on their feathers.

I haven't seen her today, and it's the season for mating and nesting eggs. I'm hopeful she's sitting on a freshly laid egg or two!

I think that's why she's been eating SO MUCH lately, she's getting ready to have the baybehs! That's my hypothesis anyway.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
She made an appearance... Very quickly and she was calling loudly.

I'm pretty sure they're either getting ready to lay eggs or have recently done so and are being badass momma and papa falcons!

FUCK yes!!!

I felt like she was calling me, but I'm just projecting my feelings onto her. I'm sure. She's probably like, "the fuck is up with this ape? She's fuckin weird".

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Oh my goodness.. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS THE FALCONS WERE JUST DANCING AND SINGING ABOVE ME!!!

It's just a beautiful day outside so after he finished working on the fence they came to inspect what the apes did in their hunting field.

They are so fucking amazing! I couldn't take my eyes off of them to to record. I just stood there amazed as fuck. They hovered over me and called!!!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just finished telling him how as soon as we have the extra funds and time (which shouldn't take long, we're on hustle mode lately) we're GOING to make a big comfy cave nest for them, and a feeding perch.

It's going down.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
After more research, I'm excited about them hatching a baby falcon soon.. the dancing and the fact that she's been mostly inactive in the field (I really miss watching her all day!) suggests that they're sitting on a freshly laid nest! The nest isn't in the same place as last year, I think it's on a neighbor's property.

Their territory likely takes up our property as well as one or two surrounding us. I'm very grateful and feel privileged as fuck to live here with them. They aren't particularly rare or anything. But I'm just completely in love with my falcon friends who dance in the sky above me while they sing and call to each other. They stole my little black heart and I'm glad they did.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Oh! And... This is the hawk the falcons and the ravens are always picking on.
PXL_20240301_215717647.TS_exported_3777~2.jpg

That dead tree it's taking off from is in the corner of our property. I had to zoom all the way in to get this shot but it was pretty amazing to watch too. Homie was hopping around all cute on the branches! I'm surprised the ravens didn't come tell dude to kick rocks. That's where they usually make out and groom each other :heart: