Underwear in gym sauna?

shfflad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Underwear in the sauna is unhygienic, I wore swim jammers before the pool sauna closed

Briefsguyny

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think it depends on the gym. I belong to Equinox, and most of the men are 30 and up as it’s pricier. Towels are provided. There are signs to shower before using spa areas, but also signs saying any sexual or inappropriate activity is prohibited. Rarely you see a young guy with a bathing suit in sauna, but vast vast majority of men are nude and towel around waist.

bluecollarman

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I briefly worked in a gym (serious boxing / weight lifting) when I left college as a maintenance man, the sauna was in the same room as the shower heads, (communal type) so guys would walk nude into the showers, then open the door and walk straight into the sauna room, I never used that gym myself. Where I went was a combined gym and pool and mixed gender so everyone wore swimming costumes (shorts or speedo) in the sauna. I always wore shorts and it was probably a 3rd shorts, 3rd speedo, 3rd jammers, zero nude (men and women used it).

PhillyGay

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I started going to a well known national gym about a year ago. There is a sauna and hot tub in the men's locker room.

I'm in my 40s, and my whole life, when going to the gym, you were expected to shower after. And if you sat in the sauna you would take a towel and go nude in the hot tub.

What I've found though is literally I am the only person that does that. In over a year, I don't think I have seen another guy shower before going in the sauna, nor come in with a towel only.

50% of the guys wear their sweaty boxer briefs, with no shower. The others come in their work out gear, including often shoes.

It blows my mind they don't know basic hygiene or are too scared of their dick and balls to do it. It's smelly. Many of them even go dress in their regular clothes after being in the sauna, with soaking wet underwear.

Age range is probably 25 to 30 years old average. There are periodic older guys, but see situation.

Is this now normal?

Btw the gym doesnt provide towels, which may cause some of the problem. But it's not hard to bring a towel.
It’s very mixed at the gym I go to. But you’re right. I often seen guys in their 20-30’s wearing clothes and even shoes in the sauna. It’s gross.

lilguy11

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This happens pretty frequently at my YMCA also. The younger guys mostly, but even some of the older men, come in wearing their boxer briefs or swim shorts, no shower. They have earbuds in, sometimes actually are playing music on their iPhones. It's pretty annoying sometimes. Zero gym etiquette. It's so comical also how they even shower in their underwear. It doesn't hide anything when it's wet.

lilguy11

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was at a gym once and this older handsome guy was the in the sauna in his tight white briefs. He wasn't hiding anything to be honest. They we wet with sweat and you could see the entire outline of his cock. He would then go to the communal showers, shower for a few minutes in them, and then take them off and let his big fat cock flop out and swing free. It was always fun to watch but I never understood why

bluecollarman

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've seen it a few times, this and also people who don't shower before the sauna.
The gym/pool/sauns where I go has a shower right outide the sauna room especially for the sauna users andthere is a sign saying' please shower before entering or exiting the sauna'.

Reactions: chadstallion